Author Topic: NOW obummer wants to extend some Bush tax cuts.  (Read 1092 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
NOW obummer wants to extend some Bush tax cuts.
« on: July 09, 2012, 01:49:24 AM »
http://www.wlky.com/news/politics/Obama-to-call-for-Bush-tax-cut-extensions/-/9365900/15444582/-/1411w8e/-/index.html

Hmmmm, I thought it was all Bushs fault. Now it's OK?? Must be an election year. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline magooch

Re: NOW obummer wants to extend some Bush tax cuts.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 03:05:05 AM »
Now I'm confused, because the Dumycrats always said that the Bush tax cuts were only for the rich.  Could it be that the Dumycrats and Obama are having to reveal once again that they are liars?

I'm also wondering what the Dumycrats will try to extract from the Republicans for extending the tax cuts.  Would it be smart of the Republicans to try to extend the tax cuts to include those evil rich people?
Swingem

Offline Gary G

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 04:40:20 AM »
Obama realizes that taxmageddon which begins Jan 1 is already hurting the economy and thus his reelection chances. The market looks ahead. Volker had to tell him that. :)
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 05:46:40 AM »
Yes, what has happened here! All of a sudden, we need to extend those Bush tax cuts that were suppose only be for the Rich! HUHHH!!! Whats going on......obama and the dumbocrats are now on the side of the 1% richest Americans!

This dumb idiot criminal of a president and his moron criminal accomplices in congress are a joke and so are the so called journalists that cover this swamp news.

Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 09:12:00 AM »
Obviously all political and it won't pass.  He wants to extend the Bush tax cuts one year. Big deal... Not only that but he wants it only to apply to people making less than $250k/year.  Doing this will increase the taxes of people making  250k/year, thereby slowing job growth, slowing consumer spending and hurting an already wounded economy.  Even the donkey's know that this is a bad idea....

ZerObama is just doing this to amplify his class warfare assault.
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline Junior1942

• Trade Count: (1)
    • The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 09:33:34 AM »
Obviously all political and it won't pass.  He wants to extend the Bush tax cuts one year. Big deal... Not only that but he wants it only to apply to people making less than $250k/year.  Doing this will increase the taxes of people making  250k/year, thereby slowing job growth, slowing consumer spending and hurting an already wounded economy.  Even the donkey's know that this is a bad idea....

Maybe you should read that again.  Basically, in order to malign Obama you said two nickles don't make a dime.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 09:37:43 AM »
I think obama has made it pretty clear that his Chicago style math and economics are about as bad as it gets.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Alaska Dave

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (47)
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 12:27:20 PM »
Obie is catering to the upper class in hopes that they will elect his sorry azz. Not many of us common folk make $250,000 a year let alone $50,000. Bad when Bush does it but a great idea when Obie does it  :(  The 2 faces of the dummycraps.
Do you speak German? Well I don't speak Spanish so maybe you'd better learn English.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 03:07:43 PM »
obama is arguing against his own words now. When this issue forst came up he said the economy, jobs and business would be hurt with a tax increase. Now he's contradicting himself. He does this because in large part the press will not call him out on it.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 04:39:56 PM »
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline narcedglocker

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 01:17:42 AM »
just more class warfare from FDR II

Offline magooch

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 03:42:36 AM »
Nearly half of all households pay no federal income tax.  Of those who do pay federal income tax, the average pay at a rate of less than 10 percent.  The wealthy pay at a rate that is at least double that.  I say the rich should pay their fair share, which would mean they should pay at the same rate as everyone else.  Even if they paid at 10 percent rate, they would still pay the majority of individual federal income taxes.
Swingem

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 05:12:14 AM »
Obviously all political and it won't pass.  He wants to extend the Bush tax cuts one year. Big deal... Not only that but he wants it only to apply to people making less than $250k/year.  Doing this will increase the taxes of people making  +250k/year, thereby slowing job growth, slowing consumer spending and hurting an already wounded economy.  Even the donkey's know that this is a bad idea....

Maybe you should read that again.  Basically, in order to malign Obama you said two nickles don't make a dime.

Your right I missed the + in front of the $250/year.
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 09:48:27 AM »

Just imagine how bad it would be if we did not have those tax cuts? Obama would not only agree, he supported extending the Bush tax cuts on that exact principal. Your argument is with Obama.

Also notice the clever picture. Trying to associate Romey with the Bush/Obama tax cuts. How com eyou dont have Obama in there? He and his senate voted it a thumbs up and he signed it into law.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 10:07:57 AM »
You guys are a spin doctor's dream.  Now y'all say the GWB tax cuts for billionaires are Obama's tax cuts for billionaires.  Now y'all also say Obama wanting to extend the Bush tax cuts for couples making $250,000 per year or less is increasing their taxes.  Hello???  Are you guys billionaires???

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 10:12:53 AM »

Just imagine how bad it would be if we did not have those tax cuts? Obama would not only agree, he supported extending the Bush tax cuts on that exact principal. Your argument is with Obama.

Also notice the clever picture. Trying to associate Romey with the Bush/Obama tax cuts. How com eyou dont have Obama in there? He and his senate voted it a thumbs up and he signed it into law.
You know as well as I do that, if elected, God forbid, Romney will start another round of tax cuts for billionaires.  Can you say "tank the economy again?"

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 10:15:38 AM »
Perhaps you die-hard Republicans can tell us which Democrat president said, "Outsourcing jobs is good for America."
Crusty's sign is 100% correct.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 10:35:12 AM »
Perhaps you die-hard Republicans can tell us which Democrat president said, "Outsourcing jobs is good for America."
Crusty's sign is 100% correct.

Outsourcing jobs is good for America's business, huhhhhhh that's why they do it. So the challenge for America (it politicians) is to change that environment as much as possible to enable keeping jobs in America and in-sourcing good for business, and that is good for America (us all).

This president has done NOTHING to answer this challenge. His policies are sending more jobs overseas and preventing repatriation of jobs. And that is why this economy and job situation is in the obama created deeper ditch.

You have to open your eyes to the real problem otherwise it won;t be solved. Evidence: 3.5 years of obama policies.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 10:36:39 AM »
It's the middle class that makes America strong
Tax cuts for the rich are destroying the American middle class. When the rich receive their tax cuts, CEO’s find ways to attract that cash to their stocks by increasing their profits. Rising profits normally mean increasing dividends and share prices. Investors are inclined to sink their newly available tax money into investments with higher rates of return.
That’s why CEO’s race to ship jobs overseas, create jobs overseas and place downward pressure on the compensation of their US employees. The difference between the old wages and the new is redistributed into the pockets of the already affluent via higher dividends and share prices.
This allows the 1 percent to purchase more legislation that redistributes even more income from the 99 to the 1 percent, such as free trade treaties and deregulation. Free trade treaties result in more and more jobs being shipped oversea, or created over there rather than here. The difference between the old and new wages goes into the pockets of the rich.
The demand for goods and services has declined in the US because less people have money to buy stuff, unless they’re using their homes as ATMs during a housing bubble. Once that bubble burst, the demand sector was squashed, meaning less jobs can be created, and there’s still downward pressure on middle class wages and salaries.
The process means the destruction of local tax bases, layoffs of teachers, fire fighters, police and other government employees. The economy begins to collapse in slow motion over a period of several years. Only the New Deal and the Great Society programs hold the economy up.
That’s why, “In 1979 the middle three household income quintiles in the United States—that is, the population between the 21st and 80th percentiles on the income scale— earned 50 percent of all national income. But by 2007 the income share of those in the middle shrank to just 43 percent. Between 1979 and 2007 the Gini coefficient including capital gains, in the United States, climbed from 48 to 59, ranking the United States in the top quarter of the most unequal countries in the world.”
Tax cuts for the rich are also why the 1 percent received 93 percent of total US income growth from 2009 to 2011. Those tax cuts that began with  President Reagan have been used to destroy democracy by buying politicians from both major parties, and paying them to pass legislation that redistributes more and more income from the 99 to the 1 percent.

http://johnhively.wordpress.com/2012/07/11/charts-that-show-tax-cuts-for-the-rich/
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!

Offline Junior1942

• The Frugal Outdoorsman
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2012, 10:44:15 AM »
In other words, another round of Bush-like tax cuts and hello Great Depression #2.

Offline jimster

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2012, 11:35:11 AM »
It's not tax cuts that hurt anyone, those actually increase economic growth and send more money back to the government. It's spending more than you take in that hurts everything, not having a budget.  It's the same as running your home or business, you can't spend what you don't have or you go broke and get in debt.  The government still has no budget.  What this means is,  the government could take away everything form the wealthy tomorrow, all of it, liquidate everything everyone has that has 2 million and up...take it all, tomorrow.  At the current rate of spending it would all be gone in a matter of days, would not even pay the interest on what we owe.  Then what Mr. Wizard?   :o Nothing left at all...no jobs, no wealth to "take", nothing.  All because there is no budget and no spending controls.  Talking taxation, who are we going to get the money from, how much...all means nothing and there is no point to it without shrinking our government.  It always amazes me how people think the answer to these problems are taxing the wealthy (which is impossible because it gets handed to us through price increases) even when it's a well known fact the government could take all the wealth in this country away and spend it in a few months, and even increase spending because of the increase of money flow, which is what congress does everytime they get more money.  You still don't have a budget by the way...the Senate is run by dems...so there won't be a budget, and if they do pass something it will still be spending more than they take in.  I have no faith in the reps either. Not conservative enough or strong enough to be able to have a real budget.

Far as Obummer switching the path of his boat to get votes, well ya...he's a politician,  he needs votes, he's messed up to the point where it can't be covered up anymore...so ya...tax cuts are good now. Actually they are...but he won't cut yer taxes, he does have to tell people he is though.  Spending is his game, and he does it well.  His speeches seem to be falling apart lately as well...almost incoherent.  I'm wondering if somebody is messing with him by playing around with his speeches, or possibly turning off the electronic equipment on him.  ;D He's really dumber than a rock, he does have a nice reading voice though. 

We are about at 17 trillion in debt and climbing fast with no budget...forget who you want to tax, forget taxes altogether and get to the problem, or we won't have a country left and people will be pointing fingers at who's fault it is with the same simple problem of no budget. Actually, if you slashed taxes on everyone (and only half the people pay fed tax anyways)....the government would shrink at an amazing rate automatically, with many programs shutting down...now your talking about a real fast recovery.  People spending their own money, government taking it all in, without being able to spend it so fast...cause they SHRUNK.   ;)

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2012, 11:56:08 AM »
That entire argument is built on the premise that we don't have enough tax revenue and that the tax revenue we do have is somehow disproportionately received from the income categories. When you listen to the news and read the trash, you would think rich people pay nothing and poor people pay for it all.

FACTS:
Top 1% earners pay 37% of the federal income tax
Top 1.1% to 5% pay 22% of the income tax
Top 5.1% to 10% pay 12% of the income tax
So that means that the top 10% pay for 71% of all federal income tax.
The middle, those in the 11% to 50% pay 27%
The bottom 50% only pay 2%

So the bottom line is a tax cut can most only apply to were there is tax paid to begin with. If you pay no tax you obviously cannot benefit from a cut!

How can we have 50% of income earners pay only 2% of the federal tax revenue? Simple, there federal tax burden was essentially eliminated already! How can we have people who work and pay little to no federal income tax? How do these people become "invested" in a system they pay nearly nothing into but receive all the benefits from? We have created a huge class of dependant people, who think everyone else needs to pay for them. And you can hear them here. They want those that pay tax to pay more so they can get more benefits from the system they themselves pay nearly nothing into. Its no wonder the system is broken.

In addition, we simply spend too much. Stupid wars, obamacare, dumb wastefull stimulus bills, porus boarders, Wall Street bail outs, corp bail outs and bail outs of all kinds are train-wrecking this country. Both parties are at fault but the decision this coming November is not what Bush did 4 through 12 years ago, its what has this president his allies accomplished to turn the tide. On any measure, he, his accomplices and policies are unmitigated failures.

Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2012, 02:49:25 PM »
 The top 1 percent’s share of income rose from 9.12 percent in 1974 to 23.5 percent in 2007- they should pay most of the taxes!

Give the 1%er a $2M tax break and what will he do? Hire more lobbyists or buy a veyron
Give 100 middle classers a $20,000 tax break and what will they do? Buy 100 Honda Civics
Which do you think stimulates the economy?

The bottom 50% have already paid their fair share slaving for the 1%er.

It is the middle class that drives the economy

http://www.americanprogressaction.org/projects/americanworkers/middleclass_economics.html

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2012, 03:07:20 PM »
The top 1 percent’s share of income rose from 9.12 percent in 1974 to 23.5 percent in 2007- they should pay most of the taxes!

Give the 1%er a $2M tax break and what will he do? Hire more lobbyists or buy a veyron
Give 100 middle classers a $20,000 tax break and what will they do? Buy 100 Honda Civics

http://www.americanprogressaction.org/projects/americanworkers/middleclass_economics.html
What are you defining as the middle class and how can you say the bottom 50% are slaving for the 1%. Seems the numbers dont support your class warefare position.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2012, 05:30:07 AM »
You guys are a spin doctor's dream.  Now y'all say the GWB tax cuts for billionaires are Obama's tax cuts for billionaires.  Now y'all also say Obama wanting to extend the Bush tax cuts for couples making $250,000 per year or less is increasing their taxes.  Hello???  Are you guys billionaires???

Oh for god sakes read my post!  Obama doesn't want to extend the Bush Tax Cuts for people making over, +, above, beyond, in excess of $250k/yr. That is an increase in there taxes!!! Hello????? Hereby slowing job growth, slowing consumer spending and hurting an already wounded economy. 

And by the way, the bottom 50% in this country pay next to nothing, but expect everything....
Buckskin

Offline Gary G

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2012, 06:09:21 AM »

That is the typical failed Keynesian view. That spending drives the economy. Without production there would be nothing to spend it on. Production comes from capital investment.

Here is a good youtube for you and Obama's education:
[size=78%]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7NfLUCBZ1is[/size]
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2012, 08:24:39 AM »
Obama job plan is to have the federal reserve print money and then create a bunch of fake federal jobs with it. Its total farse but the liberals love it becasue it de-values the wealth of those that have it. Its nothing more than another form of obamas wealth redistribution plan.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Gary G

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2012, 01:25:22 PM »
clip_image003

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2012, 03:13:15 PM »
clip_image003

That is exactly where we are as a nation.  I want one of those shirts to wear around Madison, Wisconsin, the heart of Ineptocracy in Wisconsin, where Milwaukee is the Colon...
Buckskin

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2012, 03:46:01 PM »
Junior,
Yes we can say "tank the economy" and we can see right now what a "tanked economy" looks like. Its called obamanomics and every economic indicator has gotten worse since he took office based on his policies.

Can you say, "tanked economy"?
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3