Author Topic: A BLOG  (Read 967 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
A BLOG
« on: July 10, 2012, 04:33:40 AM »
My thoughts on carrying a gun and choices.
I agree that ALL people shoud always have a gun on them.
I also believe that there is no right or wrong way to carry--or wheather it is a roller or semi--a blowback or striker--a dao or anything.
That said---for me--I have found the following to be a universal truth for me.
Semi's carry easier.
I don't care for scabbards.
I like heavy, full sized semi's--though I own others.
I will carry a roller in a scabbard only.
I like shoulder holsters.
I prefer duty belts and holsters for carry of rollers.
I don't relly like pocket carry---but I have done it.
I am not in favor of snubbies.
I will not carry a revolver with more than a 6 inch barrel and i really prefer 4 inch barrels.
I like .45's but I love 9x23's.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline dougk

• Driftwood TEXAS
Re: A BLOG
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 09:59:38 AM »
Hey William,
thanks for sharing your blog.  Upon first glance it stuck me as Williams Maxims on Handgun Carry. 

There are some things I agree with and some things I disagree with.  But they are your views on carrying so in the end it does not matter what I think.

Again thanks for sharing your universal truths....

Doug

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 11:09:07 AM »
I don't even know what a blog is. I saw a movie a very long time ago about a blob that was radioactive and ate folks. Is it anything like that? I keep seeing folks talk about blogs but I've never gone to one so dunno what they are.

Maybe they are some newly imported firearm I've just not seen yet?  :o

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Scibaer

• Central Michigan, USA, Earth
  • Trade Count: (25)
  • FATE FAVORS THE WISE
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 11:39:07 AM »
a blog is like a tweet without the 140 character limit..
 short comments, personal thoughst, observations of the author.
sometimes the author wants return comments , input or suggestions, sometimes not.
 when the author makes a tweet or blog post and sends to multiple targets, he or she is blasting .

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 05:10:34 PM »
Okie Dokie, that's clear as mud. I don't know what a tweet is either. I thought that was a sound made by birds and didn't know they were limited as to characters or notes.

Clearly the technology folks use as well as the terminology used today has left be behind. My four year old grandson prolly knows what those things are.  :o

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Scibaer

• FATE FAVORS THE WISE
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 05:56:36 PM »
a tweet is a short comment limited to 140 characters .
tweets are posts made on the twitter website.
 anyone can sign into twitter and read comments left by others , or make comments for others to read
its actually quite popular with a certain set of people

the blog is more like a paragraph . and usually the person with the blog has their own small website from which they write and others can read what they are "blogging" or talking about ...

blogs are a step down from myspace or facebook
twitter is a step down from a blog site..
remember actually talking to someone face to face ?

Offline Spirithawk

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 07:54:46 AM »
Mr. Graybeard sir I'm with you. Whatever happened to plain English? One of the things that boggles my mind these days is that folks buy phones and then do they make calls? Nope, they use them to write each other, usualy while driving down the road in traffic!  ::)

Offline Scibaer

• FATE FAVORS THE WISE
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2012, 11:54:45 AM »
Nothing in human history has advanced faster then electronic technology.
it doubles every 18 months or so and when the hard wear end of it, runs its course material or design wise there is a
shift to the next evolution in design, materials or how we use it physically.
these large jumps happen about every 5 years. the next stuff coming down the pipe are almost frightening
holographic  displays ( no computer screens ) retina scan tv remotes and cell fone implants into the ear canal and skull
and wireless battery charging and i.r. photon control  for communications replacing radio waves
i read an article that said we humans are evolving to accept these technology changes too.
 the way we thing and physical changes like our hand and eyes are changing to adapt.
 ever wonder why a young kid has a better mental  grasp on these new electronics that come out ?
or pick up to the changes in the language that are associated with the new tech stuff ?

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2012, 12:09:55 PM »
Which plain english are you talking about?
GB
I have read your blogs, and you  do it well. See you knew something you didn't know you knew.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline dougk

• Driftwood TEXAS
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 03:03:02 PM »
Nothing in human history has advanced faster then electronic technology.
it doubles every 18 months or so and when the hard wear end of it, runs its course material or design wise there is a
shift to the next evolution in design, materials or how we use it physically.
these large jumps happen about every 5 years. the next stuff coming down the pipe are almost frightening
holographic  displays ( no computer screens ) retina scan tv remotes and cell fone implants into the ear canal and skull
and wireless battery charging and i.r. photon control  for communications replacing radio waves
i read an article that said we humans are evolving to accept these technology changes too.
 the way we thing and physical changes like our hand and eyes are changing to adapt.
 ever wonder why a young kid has a better mental  grasp on these new electronics that come out ?
or pick up to the changes in the language that are associated with the new tech stuff ?

Great points.

BUT my kids all know the old ways such as how to track, hunt, shoot bows and guns, clean, process animals.  They are only 4 and 6 so we have not started the survival stuff yet.