Author Topic: 83% drs have considered leaving their practice over obamacare.  (Read 1468 times)

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: 83% drs have considered leaving their practice over obamacare.
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2012, 01:42:28 AM »
Needles, a lot of stuff is tax write offs, but if you follow my line of thought and do the math, this is BEFORE taxes.  Now if he was taxed on the gross before the deductions, he would make less than $100,000 a year.  You have been listening to the LIES told by the CLASS WARFARE democratic crowd. 

I have a contractor installing gas pipelines for me.  His business makes a couple of million a year.  HOWEVER, he only pays himself a $75,000 per year salary.  His brother is a pipeline welder, he also makes about the same as salary.  He has a son who operates some of the heavy equipment making about $50,000 a year.  They have two workers making about $30,000 a year.  He has two trackhoes, a couple of backhoes, two boring machines, two trenching machines, a tractor trailor with flatbed for hauling equipment, a welding truck, a couple of crew trucks, welding machine, air compressors, etc.  Now, he has to make payments on a lot of his equipment.  Any money left at the end of the year, he pays everyone a Christmas bonus and if still enough trys to pay off or buy some new equipment.  He told me he has to make about $5,000 a day just to stay in business.  His liability insurance is $100,000 a year alone. 

Is he a multi-millionare, no, he lives in a middle class size home. 

All these so called millionares have their money tied up in equipment, payroll, taxes, operating insurance, etc, etc.  Therefore they provide MOST of the new jobs in America.  Liberals and Obama in particular don't have a clue looking just at gross income of small business owners. 

He can tax all he wants on people above $250,000 but it still WILL NOT bring down the $trillion dollar deficit but only maybe a percent or two.  It is going to take DRASTIC CUTS in federal spending.  No government program is ever efficient.  NEVER.  It has no competition, and the departments have to keep spending to justify themselves.  You need to take some economics 101, operate a business.  I've seen it.  My wife operated a computer installation and programming business for 18 years.  It is a headache to run your own company.  It is WORSE now under Obama. 

Don't make rash statements you know nothing about.  Educate yourself first.  Ask your doctor questions, ask your dentist questions.  Ask a small business owner questions.  That is what the democrat Ronald Reagan did in the 50's with moms and pops when he was traveling.  He learned right quick, that government is not the solution, government is the problem.  All our health care problems, businesses leaving the country, to much imported oil and food, are all because of government meddling in the private sector that the private sector could have worked out on its own like it did for over 150 years before government meddling.   

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2012, 02:00:08 AM »
Dixie Dude good post , I am part owner in a business and you nailed it ! Most of the loud mouths don't even realize that if a small business owner has a vehicle owned by HIS company they have to pay tax on the non business miles driven as personal income tax. Oh yea he pay business tax then personal tax WHO WOULD HAVE KNOWN ?
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Needles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
  • What the Thinker thinks the Prover proves.
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2012, 05:44:20 AM »
If not for the $800 billion a year tax cuts on people making over $250,000, there would have been $9.6 trillion more dollars collected in taxes over the past 12 years.
Jim

"There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, the night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."  Patrick Rothfuss

Offline gstewart44

• Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2012, 08:20:46 AM »
the one's doing really OK are the HC intermediary execs...nice gig they have_ _no getting dirty and no handling sick people_ _and a really cozy relationship with government.
...TM7
TM7 - that is so true.    I have been a healthcare provider for almost 30 years now, and the execs definitely make the largest dollars in most organizations.   I have been to conferences and heard CEOs and CFOs discussing in a group how they make sure that they earn "more than any of the doctors" just to make a point of who is in charge.   I was in private practice for 7 years and the business/gubment regulations burned me out.   Overhead was 79 cents of every dollar.   I left private practice 30 years ago to work with a nonprofit group that provides comprehensive healthcare to low income and uninsured families.   I  earn enough to pay my bills but its about 25-30% of what the Healthcare Org's Execs pull in.   
I'm just tryin' to keep everything in balance, Woodrow. You do more work than you got to, so it's my obligation to do less. (Gus McCrae)