Author Topic: Why do they keep doing this?  (Read 300 times)

Offline Conan The Librarian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • McDonalds. Blecch!
Why do they keep doing this?
« on: July 13, 2012, 12:41:44 AM »
Looks like  republucan vice president candidate will be another token candidate chosen more for the illusion of political inclusionism than any real qualification. Stuff like this just makes Obama a stronger candidate.

Offline magooch

Re: Why do they keep doing this?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 01:18:36 AM »
This seems like a topic for the political forum.
Swingem

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 01:32:36 AM »
Conan, your right. More of a show and tell, than a meat and potato thing. Lets make it look good. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 02:25:25 AM »
Conan;  You seem to be assuming much..unless you have som inside information most of us are not privy to.  As far as I knw, at this date veep candidate has not yet been chosen.
  There are plenty of potentials..Mitch Daniels or theguy from Ohio although solid, may not excite many folks..
  ..But then there is the possibility of Marco Rubio, Condi Rice or Allen West.. all of whom can easily dd excitement to the ticket.
  Of corse, last go around, Sarah Palin added excitement..but some "conservatives" assisted Obama, by condemning her and spreading false rumors about her... playing directly into the liberal media's hands.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 02:38:55 AM »
I'm not sure the VP is as important to elections as we would wish. Look no further than the current VP. Am I to assume Joe delivers cross over votes for the Dems?
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 02:49:31 AM »
I'm not sure the VP is as important to elections as we would wish. Look no further than the current VP. Am I to assume Joe delivers cross over votes for the Dems?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Nope...just their way of dragging more of their idiot base in to the polling places..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Conan The Librarian

• McDonalds. Blecch!
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 02:49:59 AM »
The news today is heavy with suggestions that Condoleeza Rice may be the pick. Check drudgereport.com, because they've aggregated a bunch of them.

Choice of VP was very significant in the last presidential election for the McCain campaign. (ie., Sarah Palin) It created a lot of buzz.

At least Rice has some foreign policy experience. Not sure if it's any good, though. She's tainted by having worked for GW Bush.