Author Topic: One big step forward for America *  (Read 3261 times)

Offline Raptor

• Trade Count: (0)
One big step forward for America *
« on: July 18, 2012, 12:43:24 PM »
Chevrolet posted record sales of 1.3 million cars sold in the 2nd quarter, this is the most cars ever (ever) sold !
This is completing in the world market now and is number one !

Offline m-g Willy

Re: One big step forward for America *
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 01:38:20 PM »
WOW!
I wonder how much overtime the employees are making  turning out all those cars?
I would give them a call  to find out ,,,,but I can't afford a long distance call to China! .

Offline powderman

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 02:52:34 PM »
WOW!
I wonder how much overtime the employees are making  turning out all those cars?
I would give them a call  to find out ,,,,but I can't afford a long distance call to China! .

YEP. They used bailout money to build factories over there, really a help to America. More jobs gone, and with OUR money.  POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 02:55:16 PM »
Sold to who? I bet one of thier biggest stock holders was thier biggest customers. I would imagine police departments are going to get a grant that goes toward buying these cars from that big stock holder. The story will come out soon.

Me I am glad I bought a KIA.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 03:13:16 PM »
GM was in the crapper once and they will be there again soon. The auto bailout was just a giant sham to buy votes for the dumbocrap party.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 03:26:02 PM »
Yes, if you got a few billion dollars (care of the tax payers) to subsidize your product costs, you too could capture some market! This is not capitalism, its croney and the government is selecting who will succeed. Not fair to those that have to do it on thier own.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline saddlebum

• "I ain't never been killed in my life."
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 05:13:17 PM »
SHANGHAIGeneral Motors and its joint ventures sold a record 2,547,171 vehicles in China in 2011, an average of one car or truck every 12 seconds in its largest global market. GM’s sales were up 8.3 percent from the previous high of 2,351,610 vehicles sold in 2010.
GM’s Shanghai GM and SAIC-GM-Wuling joint ventures along with all of its passenger car brands experienced record domestic demand, enabling GM to remain the sales leader among global automakers in China for the seventh consecutive year.
http://media.gm.com/content/media/us/en/gm/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2012/Jan/0109_Sales_China.html

Why do I feel like this is not, "One big step forward for America"?
Stimulus money spent in China, maybe?
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline powderman

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 05:28:01 AM »
SADDLEBUM. Good post Sir, true. POWDERMAN.  ;) ;)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 09:33:41 AM »
I grew up a diehard GM guy when their cars were actually well made. I will never buy one of their cars again.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline DDZ

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 10:22:12 AM »
As long as government owns as much of Gm as it does, I figure their competitive position is going to decline. Government has not one iota of business owning shares of a private company, and as long as they do its not going to help GM's business.
There were pay restrictions written into the bailout legislation for GM, and other auto companies are competing for the best talent, like design talent. engineering talent, and executive talent. Companies like Ford are winning this talent because they can pay more for it. As long as government has its nose stuck in the business, I look for GM to lose to the competition. Government made a debacle of the cash for clunkers program. Just like everything that government has its hand in, it fails. 
Besides the fact that government will end up running GM into the ground. I have heard many people say they will never look at another GM product, including me.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 12:20:00 PM »
In all honesty if and when I buy a new truck it will have Chevy or GMC on it. I swore off all Ford products long ago and I'm just not tough enough to drive a 3/4 ton Dodge. I'm pretty sure the Duramax I drive now will wear me out though.

Offline Raptor

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 01:17:36 PM »
In all honesty if and when I buy a new truck it will have Chevy or GMC on it. I swore off all Ford products long ago and I'm just not tough enough to drive a 3/4 ton Dodge. I'm pretty sure the Duramax I drive now will wear me out though.
Great ! I,m waiting for the new Colorado with the 4 cyl Duramax in it, they are saleing it over seas right now
which is only smart being we are so sue happy here in the US, a good test run over there.
Its MPG is 30 HWY and will tow 6000# easy , just what I,m looking for....

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 03:45:15 PM »
Does anyone know Toyota's market share in the US market & GM's Market share in the US market?
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline DDZ

Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 05:01:39 AM »
I've owned a number of GM vehicles over the years. After the bailout I promised myself I would never buy a GM again.

I broke the promise because in my locality GM gave me the best price at that time. Three month later I could have bought a Nissan with a better deal. Bummer !! :(
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline Gary G

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2012, 11:55:02 AM »
UrrHum! They face a shareholder suit for channel stuffing.

Channel stuffing - A deceptive practice used by a company to inflate its sales and earnings figures by deliberately sending retailers along its distribution channel more products than they are able to sell to the public.

One big step of deception in America, learned from their new government boss!
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline DDZ

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2012, 12:16:32 PM »
Thanks for posting. I had not heard of this, but I googled channel stuffing, and everything that came up was about GM and lawsuits. It appears that GM has been accustomed to Channel Stuffing even in that past. How does one think that GM will do well with government calling the shots? Things like that just don't happen.

If you look at the chart, all GM's cars are sitting on dealers lots. Imagine that!

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2012/04/gm-back-to-its-channel-stuffing-ways/

Offline powderman

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2012, 03:00:54 PM »
Kinda like what obummer does to unemployment figures?? POWDERMAN.  ;) ;)

Offline Gary G

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2012, 09:34:35 AM »
Another fact not reported would be that when Obummer bailed out Government Motors with our money, if you remember, he closed a number of dealerships. That resulted in the loss of 100,000 jobs. Guess which dealerships were chosen to be among the lucky few to remain in place. Why, it was those owned by minorities and women.

If the government giveth, it must first taketh away. They get to choose whom they prosper and whom they harm. It didn't use to be this way. It is such participation in immoral activity that they become corrupt. Who would want to be a politician but a psychopath?

The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline Raptor

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2012, 03:33:37 PM »
Bailing out GM was the right thing to do, if the rumps had it their way there would be alot more jobs lost then that..

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2012, 11:27:45 PM »
Posted by Gary G;
  " Channel stuffing - A deceptive practice used by a company to inflate its sales and earnings figures by deliberately sending retailers along its distribution channel more products than they are able to sell to the public.

One big step of deception in America, learned from their new government boss!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   WHAT ??
   Gary, you wouldn't suggest that Obama, Pelosi, Reid & Co. would be deceiving folks would you ?  How could you say such a thing ?
   This I believe, if we don't get rid of this creepy administration post haste, we may not long have the freedom to voice opinion  as we do on GBO today..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Gary G

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2012, 07:02:17 AM »
Posted by Gary G;
  " Channel stuffing - A deceptive practice used by a company to inflate its sales and earnings figures by deliberately sending retailers along its distribution channel more products than they are able to sell to the public.

One big step of deception in America, learned from their new government boss!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   WHAT ??
   Gary, you wouldn't suggest that Obama, Pelosi, Reid & Co. would be deceiving folks would you ?  How could you say such a thing ?
   This I believe, if we don't get rid of this creepy administration post haste, we may not long have the freedom to voice opinion  as we do on GBO today..
Ironglow, it will take getting rid of more than those. This morning I notice in the local paper where the party of Lincoln (you know, the ones that say they want to cut spending, but never have) voted down a cut in  our money given to fund the much needed 140 military bands that we are blessed with.

They are all corporate wh*res selling out to the highest bidder. When they choose whom to help, they by default choose whom to harm, and it is us.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2012, 07:13:11 AM »
Seems to me it would behoove a warlike nation like the USA to keep its heavy industry/personnel in tact_ _just in case they get themselves in a really big tiff again.
...TM7
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yeah..too bad we are not a peaceful people...like those good foplks in Libya, Afghanistan, Iran, Egypt and Syria.. ;) ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline m-g Willy

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2012, 07:38:15 AM »
Bailing out GM was the right thing to do, if the rumps had it their way there would be alot more jobs lost then that..

That's for sure .
And then what would CHINA do with all those unemployed?

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2012, 07:58:58 AM »

That's for sure .
And then what would CHINA do with all those unemployed?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, they could make banners, flags, bunting and top hjats for the upcoming DNC cconvention...   .Or maybe some uniforms for our Olympic team.. ;)   ;D

Offline saddlebum

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2012, 03:50:33 PM »
GM was in the crapper once and they will be there again soon. The auto bailout was just a giant sham to buy votes for the dumbocrap party.

Government Motors never got out of the crapper. They are still there, and they still stink.

Report: GM Still $42B in the Hole

Taxpayers on the hook for billions despite Obama’s claims to the contrary

Despite President Barack Obama’s stories about a resurgent GM ready to repay its bailout tab, the automaker and its former bank still owe taxpayers nearly $42 billion, according to an inspector general’s report.

GM owes $27 billion on the nearly $50 billion it received from the auto bailout and Ally Bank, the company’s lending arm, owes $14.7 billion of the $17.2 billion taxpayer-funded bailout it received.
http://nation.foxnews.com/gm/2012/07/26/report-gm-still-42b-hole

One step forward and two steps back. It's called the Potomac Two Step.
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2012, 03:59:09 PM »

Government Motors never got out of the crapper. They are still there, and they still stink.

Report: GM Still $42B in the Hole

Taxpayers on the hook for billions despite Obama’s claims to the contrary

Despite President Barack Obama’s stories about a resurgent GM ready to repay its bailout tab, the automaker and its former bank still owe taxpayers nearly $42 billion, according to an inspector general’s report.

GM owes $27 billion on the nearly $50 billion it received from the auto bailout and Ally Bank, the company’s lending arm, owes $14.7 billion of the $17.2 billion taxpayer-funded bailout it received.
http://nation.foxnews.com/

One step forward and two steps back. It's called the Potomac Two Step.

Yea, just a little detail, 42Billion.
And, a lot of cooking the books right now with "selling" of vehichles to the Gov, etc.
In a couple of years, regardless of who is in the White House, GM will be on the ropes again, quite predictable.
Fun stuff!  ::)

Awh & another way to cook the books and show blown up sales numbers. Why don't we make loans to people with bad credit, loans to people that can't get another brand, yea that will get the numbers up.
http://www.insideline.com/chevrolet/gm-to-buy-americredit-making-loans-easier-for-buyers-with-bad-credit.html

It worked so well for the housing mkt, right? ::)

It is just hard to imagine people fall for this stuff.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2012, 03:59:21 PM »

GM deserved to go out of business. Why should they get a bail out with my money while I have to bail myself out if needed? If it was up to the politicians, they will just keep printing money and handing it out to anyone who would pad thier campaign funds. And that is the truth why GM got a bail out. Full of union workers and lots of union money for obama. PERIOD.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline saddlebum

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2012, 10:09:34 PM »
GM Stock Hits New Lows, Company in Turmoil 

Remember that vaunted General Motors recovery ushered in by President Obama’s bold bailout program?

Well, not so much.

In June 2009, GM filed for Obama-managed bankruptcy, costing the taxpayer some $50 billion. The vast majority of that cash was never paid back by GM. In November 2010, GM issued a new initial public offering at a price of $33 per share. Today, GM stock is trading at approximately $19.36, down about 40% from its initial price.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/07/30/GM-in-turmoil

Big step backward, if you ask me!

Offline saddlebum

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2012, 10:11:11 PM »
GM Invests $600 Million in English Soccer Team

Yes, General Motors really is giving $600 million to an English soccer club. Actually, as the team involved, Manchester United, is the most valuable team in sports, an investment in the club wouldn't be a bad idea, considering how everything else is going at General Motors. No, the $600 million GM is giving to Man United over the next 7 years is a sponsorship deal. In return, Man United will wear "Chevrolet" on their jerseys and GM will be able to call itself Man United's "global automobile partner." It will immediately have the edge with all those consumers who look to their favorite soccer club for car buying advice.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/07/30/GM-invests-600-million-in-english-soccer-team

It would be kinda nice if GM would pay off their tax payer funded "loan" first, before squandering our money on a foreign sports sponsership!!....... >:(

Gee! I wonder how GM got in a financial bind in the first place?..... :o >:(