Author Topic: Mass killing in Colorado, reported today...  (Read 3216 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Mass killing in Colorado, reported today...
« on: July 20, 2012, 12:26:31 AM »
  Another in Canada a few short days ago..
   Just in time for the signing away of our soveriegnty to the UN on the 27th...Hmmmm

Waddya say..conspiracy theorists ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Mass killing in Colorado, reported today...
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 02:46:15 AM »
I know all these shooters are probably nuts, but why are they always conveniently active to help make the gun-grabber's case?  I would make the case that the availability of guns actually might save lives in this type of event.  If guns were unavailable, nuts would most likely resort to some type of bomb, which would, or could do a lot more damage where no one would have a chance.
Swingem

Offline 52bagman

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 03:00:03 AM »
What if some one with CCP was there to drop the b$stard in his tracks?

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 03:04:33 AM »
nut  in alabama a few days ago
now colorado

obumer will sign the UN treaty ....and be a hero in some peoples  eyes

he will sign it on july 27
he will sign it as the olympics begin and few will notice
just like  ruddia invaded georgia when the plympics started
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Gary G

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 03:25:29 AM »
History has shown that the life of nation-states is always terminal. As government encroachment into the free economics of markets grows in scope, society breaks down in a proportional manner as living standards. That is what we are witnessing. It is a gradual process that fosters the demise. People living in it cannot visualize the forest for the trees and things seem almost as they have always been. The Constitution was supposed to limit such government encroachment, but it has failed. Most scholars agree that Rome lasted 400 years. Things happen much faster now.

Is there a solution? Yes
Will it happen? Such instances are rare.
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 04:48:26 AM »
I have long believed that the left brainwashes these mass shooters to do their bidding and then they are turned loose on society so the left can further push their twisted agenda. These shootings always seem to increase when a leftist regime is in power. These are the same people that brought you "Fast and Furious". The left is pure evil and is capable of anything and total civilian disarmament is their goal and they dont care how many people they have to kill to achieve that goal.. I wouldn't be surprised if I found out the UN was involved somehow as well. This convenient shooting so close to the signing of the UN arms treaty only reinforces my opinion.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline Bugflipper

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 05:20:55 AM »
Remember all the shootings back with the Clinton  ban? All of them were in a very short time of the signing of it. A few I can remember was the media reporting a fellow spraying school kids in a playground with an uzi. The Amish girls getting taken hostage in their schoolhouse and the fellow eventually committing suicide in the stand-off. The one guy didn't own a gun so he ran his car through a playground running kids over. All of this seemed to be within a week and there were a few more incidents.
Molon labe

Offline powderman

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 05:22:51 AM »
The left is pure evil and is capable of anything and total civilian disarmament is their goal and they dont care how many people they have to kill to achieve that goal.. I wouldn't be surprised if I found out the UN was involved somehow as well. This convenient shooting so close to the signing of the UN arms treaty only reinforces my opinion.

LAKOTA. Good post Sir, I agree. I would not put this past obama either, he is pure evil. He is intent on disarming us, easier to control that way, might be hard to control an armed population. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline lakota

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 05:29:53 AM »
It appears the shooter is a white male med school drop out. Now the left has an opportunity at a trifecta of spreading disinformation: "White Racist med student pissed off about Obamacare goes on shooting spree." We can work in white people are evil racists, Obamacare is the greatest idea ever concieved by mankind,  and we need more gun control all in one report. Its perfect for them.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 05:38:34 AM »
I have long believed that the left brainwashes these mass shooters to do their bidding and then they are turned loose on society so the left can further push their twisted agenda. These shootings always seem to increase when a leftist regime is in power. These are the same people that brought you "Fast and Furious". The left is pure evil and is capable of anything and total civilian disarmament is their goal and they dont care how many people they have to kill to achieve that goal.. I wouldn't be surprised if I found out the UN was involved somehow as well. This convenient shooting so close to the signing of the UN arms treaty only reinforces my opinion.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lakota;
   That is why I said This:
  "  Just in time for the signing away of our soveriegnty to the UN on the 27th...Hmmmm

Waddya say..conspiracy theorists ?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It would see that this would be a fertile field for the conspiracist types...but I bet you don't hear it here.  Most of them seem to be spun off far to the left, so they won't put things together as they usually do..
    By all common sense, there should have been 2-3 armed people in that audience..  These killers often shoot up a school, that way they KNOW there will be no gun handy, which can be used to take them out .
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline lakota

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 05:47:24 AM »
I am no conspiracy theorist but the timing of a lot of these shootings always seems way too convenient to just be brushed off as mere coincidence.

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 05:54:03 AM »
This   guy   is   only   24  years  old   .  I  suspect   he   spent   a   lot   of  time   playing   these  shootem   up  war   games  on  the  computer .  Has   to   be   mental   problems  there .

Offline R.W.Dale

• Trade Count: (22)
Re: Re: Mass killing in Colorado, reported today...
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2012, 06:28:32 AM »
    By all common sense, there should have been 2-3 armed people in that audience..  These killers often shoot up a school, that way they KNOW there will be no gun handy, which can be used to take them out .

A couple of points. It was a Batman movie showing at midnight.  Responsible aware citizens who have had the training that carry and the other worries associated with being a responsible citizen don't go to see Batman movies at midnight  on a Thursday* night.

Second there aren't nearly that many armed citizens about as a percentage. Its very possible in the panic and press that two or three could never even see the shooter. It is after all a dark smoke and panic filled theater

Many theaters prohibit ccw firearms

Im seeing a trend emerge here where you guys believe a gun is some sort of modern day Excalibur that instantly vanquishes evil just by its presence. The shooter in this case had a rifle and a shotgun in a face to face standoff the ccw holder is just a speedbump getting run over. Its very important that every ccw (myself included) understand that they may lose when most dire arises to think otherwise IMO just leads to bad decisions and tactics.

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2012, 06:57:31 AM »
A thoughtful CCW holder should attack from the flank or the rear.

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 07:34:28 AM »
From Dale;

" Its very important that every ccw (myself included) understand that they may lose when most dire arises to think otherwise IMO just leads to bad decisions and tactics."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes, a CCW (myself included) might just be a "speed bump" in such a case, but perhaps then you think I am wrong in believeing that any good citizen who is armed should at least try to prevent unnecessary killing.  I think of those policemen in LA who confronted armored bank robbers, using AKs..while the best the cops had, was service handguns...until they went to a gun shop and got some AR15s.
  I know personally, some troops who were at times outgunned in Iraq , but they didn't run...
        Sometimes if you run, you'll only get shot in the back.
''''''''''''''''
  As far as the Batman movie..I don't understand it either, but many adults these days do watch those cartoon movies.  If theatres have not allowed decent citizens to be armed in the theatre, now they better start..because their "rules" didn't even slow the killer down..any more than the "rules" do in schools and colleges.
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

BTW: I talked to a local sheriff just a couple hours ago..she told me this adult thought of himself as one of Batman's enemies...and dressed the part.

Offline whetrock

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2012, 07:41:31 AM »
I don't like sounding like a tin foil hat wearer but still this shooting couldn't had been any more convenient for the current administration. I mean a week before the UN gun grab gets its time in the spotlight. I dunno . I do know that there are some very dark and shady people in this world and that this fellow could just have been a random weirdo that was greatly distanced from society but I digress...... Still it's always gun free zones that are ground zero for these horrendous shootings and if there would have been at least one armed individual in the audience maybe things would have been a bit different for the gunman. less guns = more crime.

Offline R.W.Dale

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2012, 07:44:07 AM »
  Yes, a CCW (myself included) might just be a "speed bump" in such a case, but perhaps then you think I am wrong in believeing that any good citizen who is armed should at least try to prevent unnecessary killing.

I'm not disagreeing with you here I merely want to interject a little bit of reality WRT having a ccw in a situation such as this that it may not change the outcome one bit.
Tear gas, rifle, shotgun body armor and a panic filled dark theatre taking place in the course of a few SECONDS sadly isn't a situation that lends itself to a lone CCW saving the day

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2012, 08:00:36 AM »
  Here's a quote from Mitt Romney, which has been used in  a sly attempt to paint him as a "gun grabber'".  All iot proves is that he is smarter than the antis..or anyone who uses this quote in an attempt to discredit him.
  He said this whan running for gov of very liberal Massachusetts, when he could have stood stubbornly on strong pro 2nd language... and let a REAL gun grabber take the office.
  Instead he handed the antis what they (and some here) thought, was "red meat".  He said"assault rifles" should be outlawed.. well, big deal, they are already outawed in every state !  He was giving them nothing ...but they didn't know it ! 

Some newsroom folks still don't the difference, but that is to be expected.  Others, even some gun owners are unaware of what an assault rifle is..read the official description right below the photo of the M16.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Assault rifle  From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia  Jump to: navigation, search   For the term as used in the 1994 US Assault Weapons Ban, see assault weapon. Not to be confused with assault gun.
This article may contain original research. Please improve it by verifying the claims made and adding references. Statements consisting only of original research may be removed. (September 2009)
    The StG 44, the first true assault rifle, was adopted by the Wehrmacht in 1944. It fires the 7.92×33mm Kurz round.    The AK-47 was first adopted in 1949 by the Soviet Army. It fires the 7.62x39mm M43 round.    The M16 was first introduced into service in 1964 with the United States Air Force. It fires the high velocity 5.56x45mm NATO cartridge. An assault rifle is an automatic rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine.[1] Assault rifles are the standard infantry weapons in most modern armies. Assault rifles are categorized in between light machine guns, which are intended more for sustained automatic fire in a light support role, and submachine guns, which fire a pistol cartridge rather than a rifle cartridge.
Examples of assault rifles include the StG 44, AK-47,[2] M16 rifle, QBZ-95, Heckler & Koch G36, and Enfield SA80

Offline powderman

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2012, 08:27:37 AM »

Cheese

BINGO. That would be ideal but not always possible. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 08:40:41 AM »

Cheese

BINGO. That would be ideal but not always possible. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

I would try

Cheese
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline R.W.Dale

Re: Re: Mass killing in Colorado, reported today...
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 08:42:42 AM »
  Here's a quote from Mitt Romney, which has been used in  a sly attempt to paint him as a "gun grabber'".  All iot proves is that he is smarter than the antis..or anyone who uses this quote in an attempt to discredit him.
  He said this whan running for gov of very liberal Massachusetts, when he could have stood stubbornly on strong pro 2nd language... and let a REAL gun grabber take the office.
  Instead he handed the antis what they (and some here) thought, was "red meat".  He said"assault rifles" should be outlawed.. well, big deal, they are already outawed in every state !  He was giving them nothing ...but they didn't know it ! 

Some newsroom folks still don't the difference, but that is to be expected.  Others, even some gun owners are unaware of what an assault rifle is..read the official description right below the photo of the M16.

Assault rifle  From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia  Jump to: navigation, search   For the term as used in the 1994 US Assault Weapons Ban, see assault weapon. Not to be confused with assault gun.
This article may contain original research. Please improve it by verifying the claims made and adding references. Statements consisting only of original research may be removed. (September 2009)
    The StG 44, the first true assault rifle, was adopted by the Wehrmacht in 1944. It fires the 7.92×33mm Kurz round.    The AK-47 was first adopted in 1949 by the Soviet Army. It fires the 7.62x39mm M43 round.    The M16 was first introduced into service in 1964 with the United States Air Force. It fires the high velocity 5.56x45mm NATO cartridge. An assault rifle is an automatic rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine.[1] Assault rifles are the standard infantry weapons in most modern armies. Assault rifles are categorized in between light machine guns, which are intended more for sustained automatic fire in a light support role, and submachine guns, which fire a pistol cartridge rather than a rifle cartridge.
Examples of assault rifles include the StG 44, AK-47,[2] M16 rifle, QBZ-95, Heckler & Koch G36, and Enfield SA80

You can quote Wikipedia all you want but when a politicians say assault weapons they're not referring to NFA goodies. As was the case with the klinton ban that had absolutely nothing to do with NFA.

Keep buying into the lies and flip flops Robama needs the the "real conservatives" to compromise their freedom loving ideals to get elected.

Ask mass gun owners how they feel about magazine bans and such?

Offline m-g Willy

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2012, 08:55:57 AM »
Talking about the "WHAT IF" there was a ccw in the crowd that night ,could they made a differance in the outcome.
Not being there it would be hard to imagine the crowd reaction Everyone running?
Everyone trying to get down ?
Some running and some trying to hide?
Would there have been anyway to even get a clear shot off at the shooter without someone running past the muzzle of your weapon?
And it would depend where the shooter was and where you were sitting when the shooting started.
But even with all those unknown (ifs) you can bet I would have been glad to have my gun with me there!
I might not have been able to save any of those who died ,,but you can be sure he wouldn't hurt me or mine without a fight!
Because while he had 300 targets to chose from ,,,I would only have ONE target to take down .
And it would be much easier for me to locate him than for him to pick me out of a crowd of 300

Offline Bugflipper

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2012, 09:01:52 AM »

Not really. Romney just twists and turns to suit the current popular political climate. He has a strong anti gun history until recently. His new Conservatism on the issue seems as just a politically motivated popularity campaign. He may change his story but the record remains the same. Not arguing with you on what an assault rifle is, you are correct. Regardless of the actual definition, to the majority of Americans, including the politicians, anything with a long magazine is an assault weapon. Here is actually what was said by Romney, just a copy and paste from http://www.newtexposed.com/index2.html
 "Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts," Romney said, at a bill signing ceremony with legislators, sportsmen's groups and gun safety advocates. "These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people."
In 2004 he signed a permanent assault weapon ban(semi-auto) for Mass. He didn't start the kindler gentler gun stance until the pulse of America showed they were tired of "change". He's a pretty bad gun grabber. Now his PR people are putting spins on his actions to show he duped the evil Libs that were once his buddies. The only problem with that is he has yet to do anything progun that I am aware of besides run his mouth. Words mean little from a politician.
http://www.issues2000.org/2012/Mitt_Romney_Gun_Control.htm
Molon labe

Offline DDZ

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2012, 09:21:04 AM »
The problem with a gun ban titled Assault weapon ban, is that it is government that defines what an assault weapon is, not what we think an assault weapon is. With any assault weapon ban laid out by our government, I'm sure changes could be made to the list, like any semi auto rifle, shotgun, or handgun. Then pump shotguns could be added, along with revolvers. Remember it happens a little bit at a time. Government knows to much at once tends to get to many people upset. Little bit at a time, and many of the sheep won't even notice. 
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline powderman

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2012, 09:50:11 AM »
But even with all those unknown (ifs) you can bet I would have been glad to have my gun with me there!
I might not have been able to save any of those who died ,,but you can be sure he wouldn't hurt me or mine without a fight!
Because while he had 300 targets to chose from ,,,I would only have ONE target to take down .
And it would be much easier for me to locate him than for him to pick me out of a crowd of 300

M-G WILLY. Me too. I carry at the movies when we go, which is not often. Gangs congregate there often after dark. POWDERMAN.   :o :o

Offline lakota

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2012, 09:55:29 AM »
There is no such thing as an "assualt" rifle. Assualt is a behavior, and an action but it is not a device.

Offline magooch

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2012, 10:36:59 AM »
I don't think anyone here is under any illusion that Romney has his head screwed on right as it pertains to firearms.  In fact I'd be surprised if anyone here picked him as their first choice.  The only thing we can do is hope that if he is elected there will be enough Second Amendmant believers around him to steer him right.  With Obama there is no chance that he won't do everything in his power to take guns away.

All the same, I couldn't disagree more that so-called assault weapons (or assault rifles) are only designed, or used for hunting down and killing people.  I have never used any of mine for that purpose and don't intend to.  As a matter of fact, I don't think I've ever killed anything with any of my guns.  I have shot up a lot of targets, though. 
Swingem

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2012, 02:56:04 PM »
I carry everywhere but I would not want to try to make a head shot on a guy this well armed, in a dark, smoke filled theater with people running everywhere with my 5 shot .38 LCR.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline Needles

• Avid Poster
  • What the Thinker thinks the Prover proves.
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2012, 03:01:49 PM »
The shooter fits the profile for development of schizophrenia. I don't know if that's what's wrong with him, and he's certainly much more violent than most of them, but he's pretty well a textbook case.
Jim

"There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, the night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."  Patrick Rothfuss