Author Topic: Mass killing in Colorado, reported today...  (Read 3217 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Mass killing in Colorado, reported today...
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2012, 03:35:10 PM »
I carry everywhere but I would not want to try to make a head shot on a guy this well armed, in a dark, smoke filled theater with people running everywhere with my 5 shot .38 LCR.

Neither would I, but it might be all ya got. Who would have known he wore body armor anyway?? POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Capt Rick Hiott

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2012, 03:40:04 PM »
Capt Rick Hiott
Charleston,SC

Offline hardertr

• A Real Regular
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2012, 03:45:34 PM »
great post yellowtail!  I'm sure it will be ripped to threads, but there are some of us are still able to think on our own.
The problem with troubleshooting is....sometimes it shoots back!

Offline Needles

• Avid Poster
  • What the Thinker thinks the Prover proves.
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2012, 03:47:26 PM »
I was hit in a drive-by once. Not the same as this incident, I know, but I can tell you, I could have been holding a gun with the safety off, and I would not have had time to get a shot off. The other thing I can assure y'all is that bullets flying by don't sound anything like what you see in the movies or on TV!  :) So, probably all the people ducking and running were doing the right thing.
Jim

"There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, the night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."  Patrick Rothfuss

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2012, 01:50:07 AM »
I carry everywhere but I would not want to try to make a head shot on a guy this well armed, in a dark, smoke filled theater with people running everywhere with my 5 shot .38 LCR.

Neither would I, but it might be all ya got. Who would have known he wore body armor anyway?? POWDERMAN.  :o :o

That's true, you wouldn't know so you wouldn't be thinking head shot in the 1st place. In that situation I'd be looking for cover 1st then decide what to do from there. If my kids were with me I'd be trying to figure out how to get them out of there 1st.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline muznut 54

• A Real Regular
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2012, 03:32:44 AM »
If I was the first cop who came up on this scum bag pos their would be no need of a trial because his head would have a big hole in it!

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2012, 05:12:57 AM »

I've said since 2008 election that Obama has bigger things on his plate than gun control. Yeah, it appeals to some segments of his base, but he's not acted on it.. he'd rather be broader. I think that's good.

What I would LIKE to see the President say, in the wake of the murders in CO, is someithing like.. "Folks, I know many of you would like to hear about gun control, and some of you who are my friends want me to push this. But this isn't about gun control, and it isn't about any culture war. American gun owner did not do this, they don't own this, and we don't need to go down the road of vilifying them and trying to use this tragedy for political gain."

He probably won't do that, but then most president's don't slap down their most ideologically driven supporters (via Sistah Souljah moments..)
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2012, 05:57:46 AM »
Since Obama doestn support gun control then why is he all set to sign a UN small arms treaty?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2012, 06:09:34 AM »
Since Obama doestn support gun control then why is he all set to sign a UN small arms treaty?

I dunno that he does or is.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2012, 06:18:12 AM »
Then you are not paying much attention. And if you think that the democrats are not going to use this tragedy to further their agenda of civilian disarmament you are crazy. Its too early to use this tragedy for political gain. It would expose them for the ghouls that they really are but rest assured they will not waste this "golden" opportunity to push gun control. When they do make their move I expect it will be a Chuck Schumer or other low level low life that will lead the charge so Obama still looks clean to the uninformed.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2012, 11:57:27 PM »

I dunno that he does or is.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Then if Hillary makes it clear this week by signing away our rights & sovereignty this week, can we rely on you joining us in denouncing this Marxist administration?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2012, 12:39:32 AM »
Gut Check Time in Hollyweird.  No more unsupervised teenagers at the movies.  No more Uber-10's-of-million-dollar opening weekends.  Less revenue for the likes of Michael Moore and the big screen air heads.

I wonder if these guns are part of the Fast and Furious debacle?  Wouldn't that be something...

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2012, 12:53:26 AM »
If I was the first cop who came up on this scum bag pos their would be no need of a trial because his head would have a big hole in it!

And the first responders to search his apartment might be dead.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Dee

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2012, 01:12:35 AM »
This type of thing has been happening for years. You hear about it now, because of better communications networks.
On May 18, 1927, Andrew Kehoe dynamited the new school in Bath Michigan over his farm being foreclosed on due to unpaid "school taxes". Death toll? 45 killed (mostly children), and 58 injured.
This type of thing ain't nuthin new!
I've thought about this over the last 50 years "A LOT", and I try always to be AWARE OF MY SURROUNDINGS. Most folks aren't. Some will say: 50 years ago, you were only 13. Why would you think of it at 13 yoa?
Answer: Both my "great" grandmothers carried 38 S&W caliber revolvers, although to my knowledge they never met, as one lived in Texas via Tennessee, and the other in Oklahoma Territory later the State of Oklahoma. I remember handling these two pistols, (one of which I now have), and wondering: Why would my "great" grand mothers BOTH carry pistols? As an adult and retired Law Enforcement officer I now know. THE WORLD HAS ALWAYS BEEN A DANGEROUS PLACE TO BE! An both my "great" grand mothers KNEW IT!
When I see a no guns sign on ANY BUSINESS, I walk away. If my handgun is not welcome, I am not welcome. NO MATTER WHAT THEIR SELLIN! THEIR SIGN IS SAYIN TO ME: YOU CAN TRUST "US", BUT WE DON'T TRUST "YOU".

Offline saddlebum

• "I ain't never been killed in my life."
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2012, 05:11:11 AM »
Massacre suspect James Holmes' gun-range application drew red flag

Less than a month before carrying out the midnight movie massacre that left 12 dead, suspected shooter James Holmes applied for membership at a private gun range, unnerving the club’s owner whose calls to Holmes’ apartment reached a “creepy, weird” Batman-inspired voicemail message.

“His answering machine message was incoherent, just bizarre, really bizarre -- slurring words, but he didn’t sound drunk, just strange -- I could make out “James” somewhere in it,” Glenn Rotkovich, of the Lead Valley Range, in Byers, Colo

“I told my staff, here’s the name -- James Holmes -- this is the person. If he shows up come get me. I need to talk to him before anything else,” he added. “I said, I’m not sure about this guy.’ It was kind of bizarre.”

“In hindsight, looking back -- and if I’d seen the movies -- maybe I’d say it was like the Joker -- I would have gotten the Joker out of it,” he said. “It was like somebody was trying to be as weird as possible,” he said.
After calling back two more times several days apart and getting that same message, he alerted his staff.

When Rotkovich’s wife awakened him on Friday morning with news of the awful tragedy, the name sounded familiar. As the story unfolded, he began to figure out that he had had a strange brush with the suspect. First came word the shooter’s mother was named Arlene and lived in San Diego, which matched the application’s emergency contact information. Then, he saw TV reporters near Holmes’ apartment building and verified it matched the address.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/22/massacre-suspect-james-holmes-gun-range-application-drew-red-flag-for-owner/

" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2012, 08:06:57 AM »
  Funny how 20/20 hindsight works..  the commies, Nazis and the 9/11 murderers along with others have actually tipped their hands before the actual incident.
  Look at the mass murderer at Ft hood; he actually exposed his very redical leanings Long before he did any death dealing..but the FBI, CID and evidently, the homeland security...were all too 'politically correct' to do anything about it !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dee

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2012, 08:26:00 AM »
For the life of me, I have never understood why someone wants to try and explain why a dog bites, a cat scratches, a snake bites, or a killer kills. They are what they are, and an explanation changes nothin. They are what they are, and they do what they do. Just put'em down and be done with it. If their covered up with dirt, you don't have to worry about'em doin it again.
I don't want to offend anyone, but who the hell cares what someone like Holmes is sufferin from, before or after, he did what he did. He needs to be suffering from a fatal dose of rope burns, or lead poisoning. Give him his day in court, and be done with it.
The only ones that will win here are the lawyers. One will win, the other will lose, but both will make a lot of money, not to mention nation wide FREE PUBLICITY, which equates into, MORE MONEY.
I don't care what the mayor of the town thinks about it, the congressman of the state thinks about it, and I damn shore don't care what Obama thinks about anything.                                 

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2012, 08:38:38 AM »
  Funny how 20/20 hindsight works..  the commies, Nazis and the 9/11 murderers along with others have actually tipped their hands before the actual incident.
  Look at the mass murderer at Ft hood; he actually exposed his very redical leanings Long before he did any death dealing..but the FBI, CID and evidently, the homeland security...were all too 'politically correct' to do anything about it !

If the law acted on every weird thing they heard or saw today, 80% of the population would be headed for the slammer.We are getting dangerously closer to Pre-crime law as it is.

Lots of crazy people out there, or some that are close to going over the edge.They have always been a part of society, and always will be.With the population exploding as it is, and with instant worldwide coverage of events like this one we will hear about it more often.Gun control advocates will use this to bolster their fight against private ownership of guns. Anyone that has an ounce of common sense knows that the gun used in these killings is not the problem, and if you could effectively remove every gun in world from private ownership, people would still die at the hands of  murderers.This nut case in Colorado could have used explosives instead of guns and taken even more precious, innocent lives.

It's impossible to prevent these tragedy's from happening! It is possible to prevent someone that takes an innocent life in cold blood from ever doing it again.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2012, 01:28:43 AM »
has it been determined which "well-regulated militia" james holmes belongs to?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The militia of "Fruits &* Nuts"..but they are not well regulated...guess all his grad studies classes missed that !

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2012, 03:30:56 AM »
got this on another thread

the rest of you can speculate  about ''what if some one else was armed?"

On April 22 of this year a convicted felon, just out of jail, went to an Aurora, Colorado, church and shot and killed a member of the congregation before being killed himself by a congregant carrying a gun.

http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/crime/item/12175-two-aurora-shootings-one-widely-known-the-other-ignored/12175-two-aurora-shootings-one-widely-known-the-other-ignored?limitstart=0
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline powderman

« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2012, 05:22:16 AM »
For the life of me, I have never understood why someone wants to try and explain why a dog bites, a cat scratches, a snake bites, or a killer kills. They are what they are, and an explanation changes nothin. They are what they are, and they do what they do. Just put'em down and be done with it. If their covered up with dirt, you don't have to worry about'em doin it again.

Bullseye. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Gary G

« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2012, 11:21:45 AM »
In Aurora, Colorado, it is illegal to stop a massacre
http://lewrockwell.com/adams-m/adams-m22.1.html

--------------------------------------------
Aurora Colorada vs. Kenesaw, Ga

http://teapartyeconomist.com/2012/07/24/aurora-colorado-vs-kennesaw-georgia-guns-and-crime/
The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2012, 11:55:17 AM »
  Another in Canada a few short days ago..
   Just in time for the signing away of our soveriegnty to the UN on the 27th...Hmmmm

Waddya say..conspiracy theorists ?
"Waddya say..conspiracy theorists ?"

Well it looks like some are wondering why a couple of months earlier the FBI removed their movie theater attack warnings from the law enforcement blogsphere:
http://edition.presstv.ir/detail/252061.html
and then other thinkers are wondering how an unemployed neuro-science pysche med student could get $20,000 of weapons, ammo, explosives, and training on how to use and rig stuff;

http://www.naturalnews.com/036536_James_Holmes_shooting_false_flag.html
with a connection to Fast and Furious crap and impending UN Treaty signing.
...TM7

He didn't have 20,000 dollars worth of meapons and ammo. This is a gun forum I would think that folks who come here and post things would know that is a much elevated number. 5000 bucks maybe.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline DDZ

« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2012, 01:22:03 PM »
   Just in time for the signing away of our soveriegnty to the UN on the 27th...Hmmmm

Well it looks like some are wondering why a couple of months earlier the FBI removed their movie theater attack warnings from the law enforcement blogsphere:
and then other thinkers are wondering how an unemployed neuro-science pysche med student could get $20,000 of weapons, ammo, explosives, and training on how to use and rig stuff;

...TM7

He didn't have 20,000 dollars worth of meapons and ammo. This is a gun forum I would think that folks who come here and post things would know that is a much elevated number. 5000 bucks maybe.

It sounds better if he had 20,000 worth of guns and ammo, body armor from head to toe, and a superman cape.
Its a wonder it hasn't been reported he was an NRA member, went to tea parties, voted for Bush, and hated blacks, homosexuals, and mexicans. 
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline kevinsmith5

Re: Re: Mass killing in Colorado, reported today...
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2012, 02:18:29 PM »

...TM7

It sounds better if he had 20,000 worth of guns and ammo, body armor from head to toe, and a superman cape.
Its a wonder it hasn't been reported he was an NRA member, went to tea parties, voted for Bush, and hated blacks, homosexuals, and mexicans.
Has anyone seen any media corrections about the alleged body armor?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
If he's carrying a singleshot, don't expect a warning shot!

Offline saddlebum

• "I ain't never been killed in my life."
Re: Re: Mass killing in Colorado, reported today...
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2012, 03:05:08 PM »

Has anyone seen any media corrections about the alleged body armor?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Only that Holmes was wearing a, (non-balistic), Blackhawk tactical vest. Don't know about the the rest of the "head to toe" stuff.

http://minx.cc/?post=331266

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/07/22/fox-no-body-armor-for-aurora-theater-shooter/
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline Lost Farmboy

« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2012, 10:02:13 PM »

I don't know what the conspiracy theorist are saying. This is what the conspiracy investigators are saying.

Once again the eye witness accounts do not reflect what the news is telling us. A guy receives a phone call and the goes to the emergency door. A guy comes back with body armor, throws a canister of gas into the crowd and starts shooting. Gas canisters came from 2 directions. This means there was more than one person throwing gas canisters. There is no proof it was the same person that got the call and went to the emergency door that came back in body armor shooting. The phone call is very suspicious. There were more people involved. The so called “Authorities” are incompetent or covering up something.

All this just days before Obama signs the small arms treaty and the Senate is just 2 votes short of passing it.
A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.   John F. Kennedy

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under" -Ronald Reagan

“So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause.”  Padme Amidala

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2012, 11:53:49 PM »
  One victim's brother isn't buying that "anti" crap..no matter how the MSNBC interviewer tries to badger and cajole him.  Note how the interviewer wants the brother to condemn the constitution, but he won't do it.
  Each time the brother gives a clear, honest answer..all the MSNBC talking head can reply is "sure".  He obviously wasn't interested in what the victims brother had to say..the MSNBC guy just wanted to spout his own (and MSNBC's) agenda..

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/07/23/victims_brother_to_msnbc_were_not_here_to_politicize_and_talk_gun_control.html

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2012, 02:55:07 AM »

I don't know what the conspiracy theorist are saying. This is what the conspiracy investigators are saying.

Once again the eye witness accounts do not reflect what the news is telling us. A guy receives a phone call and the goes to the emergency door. A guy comes back with body armor, throws a canister of gas into the crowd and starts shooting. Gas canisters came from 2 directions. This means there was more than one person throwing gas canisters. There is no proof it was the same person that got the call and went to the emergency door that came back in body armor shooting. The phone call is very suspicious. There were more people involved. The so called “Authorities” are incompetent or covering up something.

All this just days before Obama signs the small arms treaty and the Senate is just 2 votes short of passing it.

next thing you know these conspiracy nuts

will be accussing the  aternee general of selling guns to mexicaon drug dealers

if we can't trust the  government who can we trust??...specially democrats?

when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline Gary G

The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat