Author Topic: Jake nef 243  (Read 683 times)

Offline wranglerdoug

• Trade Count: (50)
  • Avid Poster
Jake nef 243
« on: July 21, 2012, 03:35:14 PM »
I bought a 243 the serial number starts Jake and it has national wild turkey federation on the laminated buttstock is this an oddball or did they produce a bunch of these.Thanks for any info.

Offline casca1

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (55)
  • Contributor
Re: Jake nef 243
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 05:07:55 PM »
I know that there was one on gunbroker that was there a couple years- may still be there. he won it at one of those friends of turkey functions.  the heighest it ever got was just over $ 400 and that didn't make his reserve.  he just kept relisting it .

so maybe you got a slightly rare & unique.  but far from  EUREKA.

CASCA1
I DON'T WANT NO MORE ARMY LIFE
PLEASE SIR,
I WANNA GO HOME
1983-1990

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 06:49:30 AM »
I don't think the "Jake" prefix serial number is anything special.  H&R/NEF makes them every so often.  I have a National Wild Turkey Federation Versa Pack set, that I purchased a while ago.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 06:59:24 AM »
I've seen lots of em at NWTF banquet auctions over the years, shotguns and rifles in different configurations, I've seen the 243 in an H&R Ultra, one shotgun was a TDC in laminate. Other mfrs offer JAKES models too, I have an NWTF JAKES Win 9422.

Tim

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain