Author Topic: Its about time  (Read 1694 times)

Offline buffermop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Its about time
« on: July 22, 2012, 12:58:14 PM »
Removed by Graybeard. I will NOT have such drivel posted on this site. If you are that antigun you should do your posting among those of like mind.

Offline Cuts Crooked

Re: Its about time
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 01:04:53 PM »
Keep that thought in mind when you see the blue helmets coming for you & your single shot.
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 01:15:07 PM »
The 2nd Amendment doesnt have anything to do with hunting.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 01:18:56 PM »
To outlaw any weapon made to hold over 5 rounds,,regarding a semi auto rifle. Discontinue the manufacturing of assault style rifles. They serve  no purpose. A Handi rifle is all one needs for a clean well placed shot. As someone on this website has a saying"Be caucious of the man with a single shot rifle, as he knows how to use it". Large clip assault were made for the "idiot" who wants to kill anyone.Clips shoudl be no more than 5 rounds as in a standard hunting rifle.

Is this a joke?
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 01:39:27 PM »
To outlaw any weapon made to hold over 5 rounds,,regarding a semi auto rifle. Discontinue the manufacturing of assault style rifles. They serve  no purpose. A Handi rifle is all one needs for a clean well placed shot. As someone on this website has a saying"Be caucious of the man with a single shot rifle, as he knows how to use it". Large clip assault were made for the "idiot" who wants to kill anyone.Clips shoudl be no more than 5 rounds as in a standard hunting rifle.

Is this a joke?

I hope that was sarcastic humor :o
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 02:17:04 PM »
If   you   give   a  inch   they   will   take  a   mile ! They   want   stop   till    they   outlaw   B B  guns.

Offline powderman

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 02:22:06 PM »

Is this a joke?

I hope that was sarcastic humor :o

Me too. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 02:31:45 PM »
We've given up too much already.  Today we have little hope of any sort of defense against a government that has Apache helicopters and mini guns, not to mention drones.

I don't own an assault rifle, but if I want one it is my right.

That assassin in the theater would have done even more damage if he had left the assault rifle behind and kept the shotgun.

We can't give anothe inch.

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline buffermop

• A Real Regular
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 02:49:52 PM »
The bottom line is How do you stop this useless killingand mayhem of innocent citizens, children included? Any ideas, lets hear them. This crap has been going on long  enough!!!

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2012, 03:23:11 PM »
Not saying this would stop the killings but it sure would make a few of them stop and think before they did it,
Bring back capital punishment.
You get convicted of killing people on the fashion that these mass shootings have happened then you get the death sentense.
No long, drawn out work its way through the system.
You get 1 appeal and if still found guilty you are executed within the week!!!
No life in the big house, you die!!!
If you know you will die if you are convicted you will think about it before you do it.
Some will still do it I am sure but it would deter a heck of a lot of them.
Not only does the death sentence deter crime by making them think about it first, those convicted will never do it again!!!

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2012, 03:39:09 PM »
You can't stop this.  As long as there are crazy people we will have these issues.  If a guy is willing to commit mass murder, gun laws won't matter.

We need as a society to get back to moral higher ground.  Our children need to know that life is from God and is precious.  Until we instill that in them, and as long as society does not value life, these events will continue and increase.

We have had semi auto high capacity weapons since WW1.  These type of mass killings are the product of our ejecting God from our society.

Ben
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline srussell

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2012, 03:51:13 PM »
Keep that thought in mind when you see the blue helmets coming for you & your single shot.
and that sir is what bothers me. one day they will try

Offline srussell

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2012, 03:53:44 PM »
To outlaw any weapon made to hold over 5 rounds,,regarding a semi auto rifle. Discontinue the manufacturing of assault style rifles. They serve  no purpose. A Handi rifle is all one needs for a clean well placed shot. As someone on this website has a saying"Be caucious of the man with a single shot rifle, as he knows how to use it". Large clip assault were made for the "idiot" who wants to kill anyone.Clips should be no more than 5 rounds as in a standard hunting rifle.
  well hell wile were at it  . what would you think a safe non lethal speed for cars should be

Offline powderman

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2012, 03:53:55 PM »
You can't stop this.  As long as there are crazy people we will have these issues.  If a guy is willing to commit mass murder, gun laws won't matter.

We need as a society to get back to moral higher ground.  Our children need to know that life is from God and is precious.  Until we instill that in them, and as long as society does not value life, these events will continue and increase.

We have had semi auto high capacity weapons since WW1.  These type of mass killings are the product of our ejecting God from our society.

Ben

BUFFERMOP. Mechanic said it well. These murders are the product of folks shutting the door in Gods face. I think it was RICK who posted a pic showing that 34 people were killed by guns, almost 3,000 were saved by them in the same time period. What the libs call an assault rifle is simply a rifle. Even an sks with a 10 shot mag is termed an assault rifle by the libs. If my life and that of my family is threatened I don't want to face multiple enemies with a limited 5 shot hunting mag, and I shouldn't have to. Longtom gave good advice too. Quit playing games with these scum. Do the crime, light em up, and do it publicly on tv. Let everybody see how punks die, not so glorious after all. Hang em with a short rope, watch em kick a while.  POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2012, 04:05:33 PM »
First of all a good read is "More Guns Less Crime" & boy do I wish someone was there with a good handgun & the practice sufficient for a good headshot.

More than that, like Lakiota said, the 2nd Amendment is NOT about hunting. The Gov. or you have no business in deciding for me what weapons I choose to defend the family against 1 or multiple foes. "Handirifle" my As##!
BTW, I wonder how many people walking in single file could be killed with 1 heavy cast 45/70 bullet from a single shot, not counting the other bullets between your fingers? ::)

What did the gun laws do to stop the big shooting in Sweden, 80 or so killed I think. Or in Toronto recently with their Mall shooting & I understand alot of other shooting lately in that tightly "controlled" city. And man, isn't Chicago a safe city these days? ::)

All those who actually study this issue instead of bleeding heart Liiberal kneejerk reactions know that Gun Control doesn't work.

We have a morality problem. You cannot take God out of schools & homes, teach kids basically nothing and expect nothing to go wrong. Without a respect for life, a way can always be found to kill. As Longtom said, the punishment must match the crime which will help, but the real change would have to come from a moral change.

You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2012, 04:16:09 PM »
(nomosendero)

AMEN !!!

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline powderman

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2012, 04:50:00 PM »
We have a morality problem. You cannot take God out of schools & homes, teach kids basically nothing and expect nothing to go wrong. Without a respect for life, a way can always be found to kill. As Longtom said, the punishment must match the crime which will help, but the real change would have to come from a moral change.

BINGO, give that man a cigar. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D

Offline R.W.Dale

• Trade Count: (22)
Re: Re: Its about time
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2012, 04:57:29 PM »

Nobody would ever come after your high powered body armor pericing cop killer sniper rifle. 

Make no mistake about it anyone who would post that IS an anti weither or not they admit it to themselves

We are assured the right to own these guns by our bill of rights. A document that in no part takes hunting into consideration.

Offline saddlebum

• "I ain't never been killed in my life."
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2012, 01:01:00 AM »
With this kind of ignorance about what the 2nd Ammendment is all about, it will continue to be an up hill battle to keep our right to keep and bear arms which was given to us by the founders of this country. The founders knew that people like the current administration would come along and as our last line of defense, the 2nd Ammendment was needed to ensure that liberty prevails against tyrany. Not to mention ones right to self defense. It ain't about squirrel hunting.

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence."
 George Washington.

If someone chooses to defend themselves, family and property with a single shot rifle, that is their own poor choice. The rest of us choose to excersize our right to better prepare ourselves.
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline Needles

• Avid Poster
  • What the Thinker thinks the Prover proves.
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2012, 01:08:57 AM »
If you need a gun with more than 5 rounds in it, I personally am not likely to go hunting with you.  :)  On the other hand, it IS your right to own a gun with a high capacity magazine, if you want one. The Constitution and the Bill of Rights are the guidelines for the making of laws in this country. The 2nd Amendment is pretty clear: "... shall not be infringed." is pretty all encompassing. The Bill of Rights is a listing of the rights of individuals, not states. The 1st Amendment is never interpreted such that a state has freedom of speech, or assembly, or religion--- it means the people themselves have those rights. All the other nine amendments in the Bill of Rights deal with the rights of individuals, so why would the 2nd be any different? This guy in CO is a lunatic, pure and simple.
Jim

"There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, the night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."  Patrick Rothfuss

Offline turk762

• Avid Poster
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2012, 02:53:30 AM »
The bottom line is How do you stop this useless killingand mayhem of innocent citizens, children included? Any ideas, lets hear them. This crap has been going on long  enough!!!
Look into the past, it has been happening way before we had so called assault weapons. A local father around my area was getting devorced, and took it upon himself to come to his wifes home, send the babysitter home early, put his 3 daughters to bed and slit each ones troat, one by one, all the girls where under 5 yrs old. Hhhmmm, he didnt need a 100 rd mag. to do this???

One more thing, this guy broke many laws already in the commission of this crime, how many laws do you need in place before the criminal says "thats against the law, I better not do that!!!"

Offline Mike in Virginia

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2012, 03:08:41 AM »
I don't (or won't) believe that our weapons are in daner of being taken away.  There are way too many across the nation that they can be collected, and their are way too many good peope who would die before giving them up. 
Sure, some idiots have guns, or can get guns.  Lots of weirdos don't yet have a felony record.  But this crap always comes up by the liberals after a mass killing, which in my mind has nothing to do with the other 99.999999% of good people who believe in America and their right and need to have guns.  I've got weapons never mentioned on this site, and I expect most of you do also, because of the crazies who would reduce us to European status. 
Perhaps someday a crazy will take me out with an assualt rifle, but if he gives me even part of a second to see it coming, he'll know he ain't the only person in our country who can shoot. 

Offline kevinsmith5

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2012, 03:09:38 AM »
And your solution is disarm the victims? Brilliant! Why not also get everyone to agree that when a crazed killer shows up we all stand nice and still so its easier for them to aim?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
If he's carrying a singleshot, don't expect a warning shot!

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2012, 07:42:04 AM »
One guy out of 350,000,000 goes nuts and shoots up a movie theater, which by the way was a gun free zone and you want to ban guns... Moronic.  How about removing all gun free zones so people don't have a shooting gallery when they go off the track...  Couple guys with side arms would have at a minimum reduced deaths and wounded not to mention, probably would have killed the punk to boot...
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline thxmrgarand

• Contributor
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2012, 08:01:55 AM »
All I know to do is this:  (1) Send a check to the National Rifle Association.  I believe in the NRA but even if I did not I would acknowledge that without the NRA my guns would have become illegal long ago. (2) My wife (also an NRA member) and I will continue work for candidates running for elected office.  We will go door-to-door, stuff envelopes, distribute yard signs, write letters to editors and do whatever else is needed by pro-gun candidates for elected office.  We also give money to candidates but our experience is that the volunteer work is needed more than money as the money that comes pouring in to campaigns is amazing.  (3) I will continue to volunteer at shooting events, especially thos directed at teaching young people about safe firearms use. 

Democracy is not and never will be majority rule; it is rule by the majority who show up.  If you live in a so-called swing state this year you can impact gun ownership far more than I can (unless I travel to a swing state and begin work as a volunteer, something many here are doing).

Offline buffermop

• A Real Regular
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2012, 08:21:11 AM »
All of you have entered constructive and positive answers to the problem. Now  if members of congress could see it the same way, this country would be in far better shape than it is in.

Offline kevinsmith5

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2012, 12:41:05 PM »
All of you have entered constructive and positive answers to the problem. Now  if members of congress could see it the same way, this country would be in far better shape than it is in.
Gun control is the theory that a dozen dead movie goers in a Colorado theater is morally and politically preferable to a live patron explaining to the police how James Holmes got shot.
...TM7
Dear lord...I just AGREED with TM7....

If he's carrying a singleshot, don't expect a warning shot!

Offline Nuke41

• Avid Poster
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2012, 01:12:21 PM »
Gun control is the theory that a dozen dead movie goers in a Colorado theater is morally and politically preferable to a live patron explaining to the police how James Holmes got shot.
...TM7
Dear lord...I just AGREED with TM7....

You mean you agree with the person that wrote this:
http://whatreallyhappened.com/es/node?page=581

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2012, 01:19:12 PM »
Gun control does work. Just research the success that Hitler, Mussolini and Stalin enjoyed from it.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline magooch

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2012, 02:55:43 PM »
Which weapon would kill a crowd of people quicker, an assault weapon, or a speeding Buick?  I say we need more Buick control.
Swingem