Author Topic: H&R site back up  (Read 1886 times)

Offline BIGBOREFAN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
H&R site back up
« on: February 06, 2004, 04:17:05 AM »
The H&R site is back up, but it is arcives and read only. Just figured I would let you all know. Can not waite to post and ask what the heck they put us out in the street with no warning :x  :evil: At least we have a good site here thanks to Graybeard :-D

BBF
LETS GO STEELER'S. BIG BEN JUST KEEPS ON TICKEN. STEELER'S IN JACKSONVILLE THIS YEAR!

Offline BIGBOREFAN

• A Real Regular
H&R site back up
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2004, 05:01:17 AM »
Guess I won't get to voice my aggevation to H&R. Just as well we have a great site here.

BBF
LETS GO STEELER'S. BIG BEN JUST KEEPS ON TICKEN. STEELER'S IN JACKSONVILLE THIS YEAR!

Offline PA-Joe

• A Real Regular
H&R site back up
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2004, 05:03:53 AM »
Like the Marlin site, it is only open for a few days in read only format. This was done to allow people to download data before the site closes.

Offline .308

• Contributor
H&R site back up
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2004, 05:19:48 AM »
Thanks BBF for the info. Just goes to show you sometimes it helps to 'let 'em know how ya feel.' I think they wouldn't have given it a second thought otherwise. Good work, guys. Another thing, they may wish they hadn't done it when it gets to hurting them in the pocketbook. We'll have to wait and see. :roll:

I went to the old H/R site and got all the email addys I could of folks that haven't show up here or other places yet. Not too many had made their email available. Sourdough's and Snowbound's weren't there to name a couple, and a whole bunch more. :(

Offline BIGBOREFAN

• A Real Regular
H&R site back up
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2004, 05:23:01 AM »
308 I was just over there for that purpose and couldn't find anybodys. So I checked yours, because I was sure you had yours listed. But yours was not available either. I think H&R is not displaying our e-mail to others. Like maybe they don't want us to contact the others. I could be wrong or just paranoid.

BBF

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
H&R site back up
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2004, 05:23:12 AM »
Guess I won't get to voice my aggevation to H&R. Just as well we have a great site here.

BIGBOREFAN,

Sure you can, e-mail them, I did and let them know what I thought about their marketing decision. :evil:

hr1871@hr1871.com

I think they would love to hear from everyone!  :twisted:
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline .308

• Contributor
H&R site back up
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2004, 05:28:26 AM »
Quote from: BIGBOREFAN

BBF

You can let 'em know how you feel about it, if they ain't shut down their email: hr1871@hr1871.com

I did, and I was polite, too. Really I was. :wink:

Offline Wlscott

• A Real Regular
H&R site back up
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2004, 05:46:13 AM »
I did get Varmit Callers email off of the old site.  If they were available, you should be able to click on the email button on one of their posts and send them a message.
You haven't hunted......Until you've hunted the hunters

Offline .308

• Contributor
H&R site back up
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2004, 05:47:06 AM »
Quote from: BIGBOREFAN
308 I was just over there for that purpose and couldn't find anybodys. So I checked yours, because I was sure you had yours listed. But yours was not available either. I think H&R is not displaying our e-mail to others. Like maybe they don't want us to contact the others. I could be wrong or just paranoid.
BBF

I didn't check mine, but found a few.  Like Varmit Caller, Jim Babcock, and the Montanan. Found OLDOC too, yesss I did. Don't know why mine didn't show up, I'm pretty sure I had it turned on. Varmint Controller's wasn't available, neither was Crazy Horse's, Major's, Toddfilo's, Carolina Boy's, or zermatt7's. Lots of them ain't there. I will send an email to the ones I could find.

Don't look like they would put the thing back up and fix it so we couldn't get the email addresses, etc. Who knows how they think, after reading their reason as to why the turned it off. Suppose they are a bit 'Gunshy' :wink: if what I heard is true about their past problems with lawsuits and all. :(

Offline .308

• Contributor
H&R site back up
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2004, 05:49:40 AM »
Quote from: Wlscott
I did get Varmit Callers email off of the old site.  If they were available, you should be able to click on the email button on one of their posts and send them a message.

Yep, got one of them V/C's, the other one wasn't there. Dang it.... :x It won't hurt if they all get several emails from us. :wink:

Offline Roggie L Hunter

Finally found you fellows
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2004, 06:08:25 AM »
Got a message from Markus about where to go.  Now I'm not so lost.  Sourdough!  Just for the record my e-mail address is: rhunter@alaska.com
You can be under gunned, But never over gunned.
Gun Control means hitting your target.

Offline .308

• Contributor
H&R site back up
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2004, 06:17:46 AM »
Well awright, so glad to see you made it here Sourdough.  :D Maybe you'll favor is with a story soon.  :wink: I'm starting to have withdrawl symptoms, seen a pink elephant just yesterday. :shock:

Offline 10ga.

• Avid Poster
Re: Finally found you fellows
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2004, 02:36:56 PM »
Quote from: Roggie L Hunter
Got a message from Markus about where to go.  Now I'm not so lost.  Sourdough!  Just for the record my e-mail address is: rhunter@alaska.com

:D Glad to see you made it :grin: .  I had just started to go back in the archives and read your old posts and was enjoying your stories when we were evicted :(
Looking forward to some new ones.

Paul
Paul Corbett
NEF 10ga SB2-MAB 
Handi-Rifle 30-06 Synthetic
H&R 12ga SB2-980 Ultra Slug
S&W .357 Model 586
"Peace Through Superior Firepower"

Offline t-roy

H&R site back up
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2004, 04:01:51 AM »
so what is the story on the shut-down.  i just keep seeing different people joining other forums and saying that it has shut down, but i can't find out why

Offline whitedogone

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
H&R site back up
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2004, 04:38:10 AM »
Quote from: t-roy
so what is the story on the shut-down.  i just keep seeing different people joining other forums and saying that it has shut down, but i can't find out why

TROLL
Beretta S686 Sporting 12g 30"
Beretta Silver Pigeon Sporting 20g 28"
Ithaca (SKB) Model 500 Skeet 28g 28"
Browning BPS Syn. 12g 3.5" 26"
Browning BPS rifled w/ Pentax 2x5x20
Tikka M595 in .223 w/ Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16x40
Savage 93 in 17HMR w/ Mueller APV 4.5-14
Winchester 94 mint Built in 1951
Ruger Redhawk 7 1/2" 44 Mag

http://www.illinoiscarry.com/

Offline GBO MGMT

• Administrator
  • Avid Poster
H&R site back up
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2004, 06:39:02 AM »
TROLL

Why would you say that? I've read all his posts on this site so far and see no such indication. Is this from known past behavior?

GB

Offline t-roy

H&R site back up
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2004, 08:32:48 AM »
are you calling me a troll?  i don't think i know you dude, so you better watch what you say.  maybe you had better explain yourself a little better.

all i did was ask a simple question about the old h&rtalk forum, and i get some dude calling me names...this must be a great site

Offline t-roy

H&R site back up
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2004, 10:08:00 AM »
it looks like you can still send pm's on the old hrtalk site

Offline scruffy

• A Real Regular
H&R site back up
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2004, 10:18:24 AM »
Whitedogone is saying he thinks H&R talk was shut down because of a troll, answering t-roys question.  He wasn't calling t-roy a troll.

If I'm wrong whitedogone will correct me, but I know he's not calling t-roy a troll.

And yes t-roy, PM's seem to be working.  I recieved yours and responded back.  THANKS.

Oh, and t-roy, welcome to the new site.  sorry to see you feathers got ruffled.  knowing whitey for as long as I have (through the internet) I know he wasn't directing an attack at you.

later,
scruffy
Hunting is 99% brain, 1% gun

Offline GBO MGMT

• Administrator
  • Avid Poster
H&R site back up
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2004, 11:14:27 AM »
Now that makes sense. It was an answer to the question rather than what both me and he thought. And T-roy let me handle any problems here or the moderators. Name calling and personal attacks are NOT allowed. I didn't think that's what it was but had already asked. So cool yer jets, lay back and have fun.

GB

Offline whitedogone

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
H&R site back up
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2004, 12:47:16 PM »
Sorry, my post was taken wrong.  Sometimes I get right to the point.  I have only called one person a troll, and he's not allowed here. :)  :)
Beretta S686 Sporting 12g 30"
Beretta Silver Pigeon Sporting 20g 28"
Ithaca (SKB) Model 500 Skeet 28g 28"
Browning BPS Syn. 12g 3.5" 26"
Browning BPS rifled w/ Pentax 2x5x20
Tikka M595 in .223 w/ Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16x40
Savage 93 in 17HMR w/ Mueller APV 4.5-14
Winchester 94 mint Built in 1951
Ruger Redhawk 7 1/2" 44 Mag

http://www.illinoiscarry.com/

Offline t-roy

H&R site back up
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2004, 01:34:53 PM »
ok. i'm calm.  i get it now.  i was really startin to get a little p.o'd.  i had no idea what the hell a troll was, but i get it now.  only reason i said what i did about this place, is to make sure someone looked into why i was a troll.  everytime i got on the h&r site, i couldn't figure out why nobody banned that moron.  i thought maybe he was just playing, and since i was rarely on there, i was missing the joke

Offline Big Blue

• GBO Supporter
H&R site back up
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2004, 02:10:27 PM »
Hey guys, thanks for posting the E-mail address for H+R. I was looking for one on their site and couldn't find it. They have recieved my E-mail.
Don