Author Topic: Obama Claims his policies are working  (Read 3814 times)

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
Re: Obama Claims his policies are working
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2012, 10:28:02 AM »
Jobs in the Public sector have to rely on jobs in the private sector to support them with taxes.  Private sector jobs have gone down.  We have 30 million more people now than in 2000.  Yet we have fewer employed and a smaller work force.  Obama's bunch is cooking the books.  All 30 million of those aren't children.  50% of college grads can't find a job.  I am working longer than I expected because I don't know what the economy is going to do.  I want to retire.  I can't if Obama stays in office. 

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2012, 11:39:27 AM »
Most folks on this website feel about the current president like I do and want him voted out. Then I see several that always defend him. To them I say, pick up your napkin and wipe that kool aid from the corner of your mouth cause you are still drinking the BHO kool aid. I'm not real excited about this country's choice for the republican candidate but I'll vote for him as I don't think there'll be a country as we know it if BHO gets four more years.

YEP. Good post Sir. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2012, 12:00:12 PM »
Jobs in the Public sector have to rely on jobs in the private sector to support them with taxes.  Private sector jobs have gone down. 

And this is the real failed "trickle down" economics that obama and the democrat party beleive in.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Needles

• Avid Poster
  • What the Thinker thinks the Prover proves.
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2012, 12:26:22 PM »
The hard core obama supporters will go down with his ship. You can confront them with all the facts and data, they just deny the facts. .....

Fact #1: When GWB left office this country was about to shut down.

Fact #2: After BHO took office Great Depression #2 did not happen.

Absolutely correct, sir. And conservatives want to have a second chance at starting a depression, it seems. Reagan RAISED taxes on the middle class 11 times in 8 years. The Bubs are really good about maxxing the charge card then blaming the progressives who have to step in and fix it.
Jim

"There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, the night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."  Patrick Rothfuss

Offline Dixie Dude

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2012, 12:35:02 PM »
Reagan had a democratic congress who raised taxes after his first major tax cut for all. 

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2012, 12:56:09 PM »
The hard core obama supporters will go down with his ship. You can confront them with all the facts and data, they just deny the facts. .....

Absolutely correct, sir. And conservatives want to have a second chance at starting a depression, it seems. Reagan RAISED taxes on the middle class 11 times in 8 years. The Bubs are really good about maxxing the charge card then blaming the progressives who have to step in and fix it.

Now its Regans fault, I guess......Anything to divert attention anyway from obama, the real destroyer in chief. You cant point to a single metric that shows obama is moving the needles in the correct direction. Nothing. He's just a carter in a progressive anti American robe.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline powderman

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2012, 01:04:14 PM »
Now its Regans fault, I guess......Anything to divert attention anyway from obama, the real destroyer in chief. You cant point to a single metric that shows obama is moving the needles in the correct direction. Nothing. He's just a carter in a progressive anti American robe.

You pretty well nailed it. Everybody's fault but obama. POWDERMAN.  ;) ;)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline streak

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2012, 03:18:42 PM »
Jobs in the Public sector have to rely on jobs in the private sector to support them with taxes.  Private sector jobs have gone down.  We have 30 million more people now than in 2000.  Yet we have fewer employed and a smaller work force.  Obama's bunch is cooking the books.  All 30 million of those aren't children.  50% of college grads can't find a job.  I am working longer than I expected because I don't know what the economy is going to do.  I want to retire.  I can't if Obama stays in office.

Dixie Dude,
 I am in the same situation as you!
NRA Life time Member
North American Hunting Club
Second Amendment Foundation
Gun Owners of America
Handgun Hunters International

Offline Needles

• Avid Poster
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2012, 06:23:20 PM »
Reagan had a democratic congress who raised taxes after his first major tax cut for all.

Ronnie had to SIGN the taxes into law.
Jim

"There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, the night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."  Patrick Rothfuss

Offline Needles

• Avid Poster
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2012, 06:25:24 PM »

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/06/01/493849/obama-bush-jobs-record/?mobile=nc
Jim

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2012, 07:08:49 PM »

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/06/01/493849/obama-bush-jobs-record/?mobile=nc

I looked at the above link and found a progressive blogger making enough unsubstantiated claims in the first two paragraphs, that there was no point in reading further.
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline Needles

• Avid Poster
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2012, 07:47:39 PM »
The chart is copied from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Jim

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2012, 12:53:58 AM »
And it doesn't mean squat.  I could create one exactly like it in all particulars except the lines.
And you will duly note that it says "THINKPROGRESS" right next to the BLS "source".

Like the man says, "There are lies, Damned lies, and Statistics."
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2012, 04:18:55 AM »
I think the philosophy is "Tell a lie often enough and people will begin to believe it."

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2012, 04:48:43 AM »

Do you believe that unemployment is 8.2% now and that it has been has high as 10%  for 41 continuous months?
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Needles

• Avid Poster
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2012, 12:17:49 PM »
Nobody owns a fact.
Jim

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2012, 12:30:39 PM »
Nobody owns a fact.

Throwing in the towel? Not a bad idea for you at this point. Those pesky facts, they get in the way of the truth all the time.

Unemployment above 8% for 41 consecutive months is a pretty bad jobs record for obama. He said, unemployment would never go above 8% if he got his stimulus bill. So he is either a liar or just incompetent. In either case, we need someone else to run that place.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Needles

• Avid Poster
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2012, 03:02:24 PM »
News flash! Obama did not lay off the workers, and he can't hire them all. Even if he could, the right wingnuts would scream about "big government" like the little girls they are. It will take at least ten years of recovery to get back to where we were before, no matter who the president is. If you want to complain, complain about the "job creators" who don't. The conservatives need to realize that the Wall Street bailout, which was GW's baby alone, ultimately cost the taxpayers over $19 trillion when you factor in money up front, taxes forgiven, cutting the stocks when reorganizing, etc. THAT's what Obama was handed. As well as the cost of two useless wars. He IS doing pretty well, starting so far in the hole.
Jim

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2012, 03:21:09 PM »
News flash! Obama did not lay off the workers, and he can't hire them all. Even if he could, the right wingnuts would scream about "big government" like the little girls they are. It will take at least ten years of recovery to get back to where we were before, no matter who the president is. If you want to complain, complain about the "job creators" who don't. The conservatives need to realize that the Wall Street bailout, which was GW's baby alone, ultimately cost the taxpayers over $19 trillion when you factor in money up front, taxes forgiven, cutting the stocks when reorganizing, etc. That's what Obama was handed. As well as the cost of two useless wars. He IS doing pretty well, starting so far in the hole.

Obama has not met his own stated objectives. So he his a failure by his own definition. Looks like your arguing with him now.

Obama wants to pass another "Jobs Bill"! I'm confused, according to obama, he can hire and fire anyplace. So...I think you need to revisit this...... Is obama lying to us again about what big government can do to rightsize the ship?

He said, unemployment wont go above 8% if we got his Stimulus Bill. He got it and unemployment rose higher and never got below 8%. Are calling obama a liar?

Take a look for yourself as reported by the White House! Obama sent a Bill to Congress he said would create jobs back in Sep 2011. That Bill failed in the Democrate controlled Senate! You know why it failed, because it was just another pork bill full of fake jobs, wastefull spending of tax payers $$ and political pay backs to his freinds.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/09/12/president-obama-sends-american-jobs-act-congress

Yea... he's doing pretty good all right....

This is all very revealing.....
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2012, 03:30:12 PM »
Reminds me of the old Moonie days ;D I'm thinking it might be stonger than koolade
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline Needles

• Avid Poster
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2012, 05:55:16 PM »
News flash! Obama did not lay off the workers, and he can't hire them all. Even if he could, the right wingnuts would scream about "big government" like the little girls they are. It will take at least ten years of recovery to get back to where we were before, no matter who the president is. If you want to complain, complain about the "job creators" who don't. The conservatives need to realize that the Wall Street bailout, which was GW's baby alone, ultimately cost the taxpayers over $19 trillion when you factor in money up front, taxes forgiven, cutting the stocks when reorganizing, etc. That's what Obama was handed. As well as the cost of two useless wars. He IS doing pretty well, starting so far in the hole.

Obama has not met his own stated objectives. So he his a failure by his own definition. Looks like your arguing with him now.

Obama wants to pass another "Jobs Bill"! I'm confused, according to obama, he can hire and fire anyplace. So...I think you need to revisit this...... Is obama lying to us again about what big government can do to rightsize the ship?

He said, unemployment wont go above 8% if we got his Stimulus Bill. He got it and unemployment rose higher and never got below 8%. Are calling obama a liar?

Take a look for yourself as reported by the White House! Obama sent a Bill to Congress he said would create jobs back in Sep 2011. That Bill failed in the Democrate controlled Senate! You know why it failed, because it was just another pork bill full of fake jobs, wastefull spending of tax payers $$ and political pay backs to his freinds.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/09/12/president-obama-sends-american-jobs-act-congress

Yea... he's doing pretty good all right....

This is all very revealing.....

The jobs bill that passed was only about half what he asked for, so NO, he did not get what he wanted, and that's the reason it didn't work as well as he said it would.
Jim

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2012, 06:16:02 PM »
Well, it should have worked for what he was given but obviously looking at the metrics that's not the case! The unemployment numbers are horrible, still above 8%. When is this president finally going to deliver on a promise? How many people have to suffer because of his incompetence? The bottom line here is simple. His policies and or leadership are a failure. He cant get what he wants as you say, then he needs to go. Its time someone else be given a chance to get us out of the obama depression. If we cant rely on the president to lead the country and convince the people and congress to give him the tools he wants, what do we do? Just continue this for another 4 years?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline Needles

• Avid Poster
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2012, 07:23:05 PM »
Too simplistic. There are almost no simple solutions to complex problems. Nothing is more complex than the economy and unemployment.
Jim

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2012, 10:37:54 PM »
Reminds me of the old Moonie days ;D I'm thinking it might be stonger than koolade
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What can we expect from people like this, who both vote AND reproduce ;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

Then there are the rank & file liberals who get their voting information from comedy shows..DUH..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCN5-ovvFL0
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2012, 10:54:51 PM »

Do you believe that unemployment is 8.2% now and that it has been has high as 10%  for 41 continuous months?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The administration is treating the public like mushrooms..keeping them in the dark and feeding them horse manure..
      In reality, the unemployment rate is nearer 14% !
   The administration counts as unemployed, only those who are actually collecting an unemployment check.  It doesn't count as unemployed, those who have run out of benefits, gone on welfare, given up looking , or are these days, wandering, homeless derelicts.

Listen how the reporter from NEWSWEEK explains the situation;
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNIUwsCsWQM
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Needles

• Avid Poster
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2012, 11:36:10 PM »

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The administration is treating the public like mushrooms..keeping them in the dark and feeding them horse manure..
      In reality, the unemployment rate is nearer 14% !
   The administration counts as unemployed, only those who are actually collecting an unemployment check.  It doesn't count as unemployed, those who have run out of benefits, gone on welfare, given up looking , or are these days, wandering, homeless derelicts.

Listen how the reporter from NEWSWEEK explains the situation;
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNIUwsCsWQM

Exactly why the length of the term for unemployment insurance drops in a Republican administration.
Jim

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2012, 12:10:24 AM »
Another group of people that I have not seen represented in the statistics are people that retire at the earliest possible date because they lost their job and couldn't find another. I have a friend who lost his job,couldn't find another and used up all his unemployment benefits, so he retired as soon as he was eligible, even though he had planned on working for a few more years. The obvious result being instead of money coming into the federal coffers from an employed citizen, it is going out in the form of a social security check. I'm sure there are a lot of baby boomers in the same boat.

Offline DDZ

« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2012, 12:26:42 AM »
Too simplistic. There are almost no simple solutions to complex problems. Nothing is more complex than the economy and unemployment.

Yes Needles, there is a simple solution to the economy and unemployment. Its called keeping government out of it. Way to many people think that more government is needed to fix problems. Its the opposite that will fix the economy and unemployment.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline Needles

• Avid Poster
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2012, 12:40:47 AM »

Yes Needles, there is a simple solution to the economy and unemployment. Its called keeping government out of it. Way to many people think that more government is needed to fix problems. Its the opposite that will fix the economy and unemployment.

That's called "anarchy." It works well if you are among the ones with power. Not so much if anyone else is bigger and stronger.
Jim

Offline DDZ

« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2012, 12:46:08 AM »

That's called "anarchy." It works well if you are among the ones with power. Not so much if anyone else is bigger and stronger.

I think its called capitalism, and its what our government now wants to be rid of. It has to be rid of for communism to work.   
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn