Author Topic: 1" bore cannon video  (Read 1166 times)

Offline de_lok

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
  • ICW
    • My Photo Album
1" bore cannon video
« on: July 24, 2012, 04:28:56 PM »
This is a "backyard production" ;D  video shot a few years ago. Wife was around the corner on the driveway washing her car and had nnnooooooo idea :o  You can hear her disaproval after the BOOOOM ! !  This is why I love this hobby, ha ha.................... 8)       

Offline Doc Brown.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: 1" bore cannon video
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 04:31:53 PM »
Looks like it recoiled 8 feet. Nice boom.

Offline BoomLover

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 05:59:05 PM »
 ;D de_lok, this was the very first cannon firing video I ever copied and saved, always wondered who did that...love your wife's reaction! Nice recoil, too! Thanks for posting!
BoomLover
"Beware the Enemy With-in, for these are perilous times! Those who promise to protect and defend our Constitution, but do neither, should be evicted from public office in disgrace!

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 07:19:56 PM »
 ;D
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline Artilleryman

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 12:25:25 AM »
Good one!

Norm Gibson, 1st SC Vol., ACWSA

Offline de_lok

• Contributor
  • ICW
    • My Photo Album
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 02:11:21 AM »
Thanks guys, glad you like it. I think that video was made 10-12 years ago. Its been around awhile but posted on You Tube just recently. I still giggle hearing my wife in the background ;D . That is the "all steel cannon" in my photo album and now has a flip lock with musket nipple........................
Dewayne

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 04:28:17 PM »
I've looked and listened a few times now; did she call you something nasty, or just say your name(DEEEWAAAYNE)? ;D
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline de_lok

• Contributor
  • ICW
    • My Photo Album
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 12:48:39 AM »
I've looked and listened a few times now; did she call you something nasty, or just say your name(DEEEWAAAYNE)? ;D
If she had said something "nasty" I promise I wouldn't be giggling ;D :o ;D :o 8) , yes she was saying my nnaaaaaaammmee ;D

Offline de_lok

• Contributor
  • ICW
    • My Photo Album
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 12:54:17 AM »
Looks like it recoiled 8 feet. Nice boom.
Whats up Doc? :)  Notice the small oak tree behind it as the fuse is burning and then the distance after the smoke settled. It actually only moved about two feet. That tree was only about 4 to 5 in dia then. Now the flame it belched out is a different story ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Frank46

• A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 04:23:01 PM »
But honey "it go boom". Frank

Offline de_lok

• Contributor
  • ICW
    • My Photo Album
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 05:03:04 AM »
Now this litle cannon looks familiar ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Wonder where it came from 8) 8) 8) 8)   

Its pretty cool surfin' you tube videos and find one of your own cannons somebody else is having a ball with ;D  If the person that posted that video is on this forum I would love to hear from you to get your feedback on it.

Offline de_lok

• Contributor
  • ICW
    • My Photo Album
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 05:28:13 PM »
Got the vid to work ;D

Offline GGaskill

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 06:50:27 PM »
I assume you mean like that.  You have to include the url in youtube tags instead of url tags; sort of like this:

Code: [Select]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrR7OHwECxM[/youtube]
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline de_lok

• Contributor
  • ICW
    • My Photo Album
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2012, 12:58:53 AM »
I assume you mean like that.  You have to include the url in youtube tags instead of url tags; sort of like this:

Code: [Select]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrR7OHwECxM[/youtube]

Thanks G, That is actually what I was doing, when I choose to "post" or "save" it would show up as "invalid link" so I repeated the steps 3-4 times with same results. This morning I go back to  it and what do ya know, the video was there!

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2012, 01:00:41 AM »
Copy and Paste the URL on the address line at the top of your browser from youtube, highlight it and then click on the youtube icon above the reply window and you will end up with the code listed above by George.

Offline de_lok

• Contributor
  • ICW
    • My Photo Album
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 01:25:00 AM »
Copy and Paste the URL on the address line at the top of your browser from youtube, highlight it and then click on the youtube icon above the reply window and you will end up with the code listed above by George.

I had read on an earlier post of yours explaining this and thought, well thats easy enough, however after several attempts it showed as "invalid link". This morning it was working normal for some reason I cant explain. I decided to do the same on the original post in this thread. I chose "modify" them highlighted the link, then clicked the YouTube tab, and it appeared exactly as both you and G illustrated. When I clicked "save" it shows as an invalid link. I am useing a tiny notebook with a limited version of 7, and have other issues at times, and wonder if that could be it.At this writing the original post in this thread shows as "invalid link" on my screen, It may be showing fine on yours/others. Thanks for the reply, we'll gitter figurd out ;D

Offline GGaskill

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2012, 12:27:38 PM »
It's working now because I went into your post and changed the tags.  You had used url/url tags with some other formatting inside them.  I changed them to youtube/youtube tags and removed the other tags. 
GG
--Winston Churchill