Author Topic: Obama Wants to Limit Some Gun Use - Following Massacre  (Read 1089 times)

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
Obama Wants to Limit Some Gun Use - Following Massacre
« on: July 26, 2012, 02:17:06 AM »

"I believe the Second Amendment guarantees an individual the right to bear arms," Obama said. "But I also believe that a lot of gun owners would agree that AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, not on the streets of our cities."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/25/obama-talks-limiting-some-gun-use-in-wake-colorado-massacre/#ixzz21jciIdNl

Hmmmm, wonder what soldiers he is talking about who use an AK??? Certainly not ours....  And I believe Holmes used a S&W M&P AR-15,,,, not an AK-47.   

I really hope he pushes this issue moving up to the election.
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Obama Wants to Limit Some Gun Use - Following Massacre
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 03:15:36 AM »
If the obamination wins this fall you aint seen nothing yet. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 04:18:23 AM »
Liberal Incrementalism is a concept as old as Liberalism
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline saddlebum

• "I ain't never been killed in my life."
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 04:23:14 AM »
I heard a little blip of Obama's speech on a news report. He mentioned that what he would like to see as far as gun control would not effect hunters. So he really does not understand what the 2nd Ammendment is all about, or he knows but is hoping no one else does. It has nothing to do with hunting!! Obamanites should get some schooling by Ice-T. Even the celebrity rapper guy gets it.

"The right to bear arms is because that’s the last form of defense against tyranny. Not to hunt. It's to protect yourself from the police," said the rap pioneer. "If somebody wants to kill people, they don't need a gun to do it."
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ice-t-argues-against-gun-control-20120725

This is not to say that I'm a fan of Ice-T. It's just refreshing to here something sensible and intelligent from the celebrity crowd, for a change.

" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline two-blocked

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 05:03:11 AM »
Bit of a misquote there.
He said "........AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, not in the hands of criminals." 

[embed=425,349]http://youtu.be/ixZKI9jS_yY[/embed]

What we wanted to hear was"........AK-47s belong in the hands of redneck patriots, not in the hands of criminals."   8)
 ;) 

PS- real men shoot a mini-14!  :P :P

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 05:23:33 AM »
I kind of prefer my M1 Carbine.
With a few 40 rounders taped together is opposing directions you can lay down as much fire power as a AR semi rifle.
Lighter and more compact as well.

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 01:36:07 PM »
Bit of a misquote there.
He said "........AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, not in the hands of criminals." 

What we wanted to hear was"........AK-47s belong in the hands of redneck patriots, not in the hands of criminals."   8)
 ;) 

Nope!! Real men shoot whatever they want to & don't care what other like minded folks shoot.

Offline 1marty

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 03:34:57 PM »
Since the lunatic used a 870 too they'll want to ban that also.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 04:31:46 PM »
If I have an AK47 and I am not a soldier does that mean that I am a criminal?
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline powderman

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 04:40:09 PM »
I used to have a mini 14 but had to sell it, I ran out of change. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline magooch

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 05:46:00 PM »
If an AK-47 gets Obama going, he'd have a crap-hemorrhage if he knew what I have.
Swingem

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 06:46:29 PM »
I have an M&P-15; does that make me a criminal?  To Obama, it does.....

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline LunaticFringeInc

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 08:02:37 PM »
Bit of a misquote there.

;) 

Hate to split hairs here...but arent criminals usually also civilians as well?  So he said criminals, lets say.  What laws are out there that criminals follow or abide by?  After all if they followed the law there wouldnt be any criminals out there would there?  Just how is it that our fearless "vacationer and cheif" plans to go about ensuring that criminals dont have an AK-47 (Semi Auto version of course) in their hands?  I mean we have seen how well those so called effective"Gun Free Zones" have worked right?  Thats when a long way in protecting people at schools from gun violence hasnt it?  It looks like the only one that benefited from the Theater being a gun free zone was the shooter himself, there was no one there to challange him, just unarmed folks at his mercy or lack there of.

You really cant listen to anything Obama says.  Remember when the fee associated with not particiapating in Obama Care was called a penalty and according to the SCOTUS would have been unconstitutional but as soon as we start calling it a selective tax all the sudden its leagal.  You really have to learn how to read the stiches on a fast ball to understand what Liberals really mean when they say something or claim something.  Once they get their way you often find out they didnt really mean what they said exactly, but that what they really ment when they said that is suddenly a lot different now that they have snow balled the public and gotten their way.  Thats the way Libs work!

Man you know this country has really gone down the tubes and Liberals are out to lunch when someone like Ice-Tea gets it, but they dont!  Good to see at least one celeb whos not brain dead and actually has a clue.  We know for a fact that S. Penn and S. Crow doesnt!!!

Offline Raptor

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 08:14:08 PM »
Another good speech by Obama, to bad the Rumps always have to change his words around all the time....
Romney has said more against these assault weapons wednesday then Obama has done, and Romney also made the
100 round clip illegal in Massachuetts when he was governor over there...

Offline Buckskin

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2012, 12:34:04 AM »
Another good speech by Obama, to bad the Rumps always have to change his words around all the time....
Romney has said more against these assault weapons wednesday then Obama has done, and Romney also made the

The only good speech that waste of space will ever give will be when he concedes the election this fall... And what the heck is a 100 round clip????  Ohhhh, you mean a magazine....  Clips are what women put in their hair...

“ "When it comes to protecting the Second Amendment, I do not support any new gun laws including any new ban on semi-automatic firearms. As President, I will follow President Bush's precedent of opposing any laws that go beyond the restrictions in place when I take office. The laws I do and will support include decades-old restrictions on weapons of unusual lethality like grenades, rocket launchers, fully automatic firearms and what are legally known as destructive devices and would include similar restrictions on new and exotic weapons of similar or even greater lethality. I am proud of my record of defending life and the Second Amendment."
“Dec. 30, 2007 Mitt Romney”
Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please.   --John Wayne

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2012, 04:25:44 AM »

So you are withdrawing your previous assurances that "Obama doesn't want to take away our guns" and replacing it with "Obama only wants to take away some of our guns."?

By the way...This isnt about Romney. The last time I checked Romney isnt yet in any position to champion new gun control legislation and I will not excuse what Obama does in the present because Romney did something similar in the past.
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2012, 01:15:48 AM »
I have an M&P-15; does that make me a criminal?  To Obama, it does.....
ST762
You should provide a quote that indicates that.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline reliquary

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2012, 01:40:11 AM »
A recent Doug Giles column quoted William S. Burroughs...new one to me, but cogent:  "After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it."

Someone in the next press conference ought to ask Obama or his Propaganda Minister, "If AK-47s don't belong in the hands of criminals, why did your Justice Department put them there?"

Offline nomosendero

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2012, 02:11:03 AM »
A recent Doug Giles column quoted William S. Burroughs...new one to me, but cogent:  "After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it."

Someone in the next press conference ought to ask Obama or his Propaganda Minister, "If AK-47s don't belong in the hands of criminals, why did your Justice Department put them there?"

That would be a good question!!

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2012, 02:31:17 AM »
Good line... I'll look forward to hearing the answer, though I can guess what it won't be!
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.