Author Topic: Latest numbers look bad for the zero.  (Read 694 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Latest numbers look bad for the zero.
« on: July 27, 2012, 03:34:02 PM »
 The Latest YouGov Numbers Look Bad for Obama  7/27/12
The Economist/YouGov conducted a poll from July 21-23, 2012 [PDF]. You won't see these numbers widely published because they conduct their poll via an online sample -- generally deemed to be less scientific because the sample itself is opt-in.
But nevertheless, we still track what they have to say and we see Obama's approval numbers, according to YouGov, among blacks drop to their lowest level EVER, 64%.
yougov obama
We also see another troubling statistic. Obama's approval rating among the youngest 18-29 year old base is horrible on the issues.
Their approval of Obama is lower than the average for every single issue. He does the worst on:

• social security
  • budget deficit
  • economy
  • immigration
Lastly, Obama's executive order on immigration may not have helped him with Hispanics. He gets just a 40% approval rating on immigration.
His statements on gay rights has been particularly damaging among Hispanics, as they have just a 30% approval rating of him on that topic.
Obama is going to have a tough time getting out the young vote if only 26% of them approve of him.
But keep in mind that this is the reason why this type of poll is worrisome. Most 18-29 year olds are not politically active. The ones that are active enough to OPT-IN to this internet survey may already have an anti-Obama bias coming in.
But we focus on the trend. Not great.

Obama's approval rating on the economy among 18-29 year olds.
Early 2011 [PDF] Early 2012 [PDF] Now
Read more at http://www.nationalpolls.com/stories/2012/0727-yougov.html#9HZiapbkzsTVrJlS.99
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Needles

• Avid Poster
  • What the Thinker thinks the Prover proves.
Re: Latest numbers look bad for the zero.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 08:18:15 PM »
The problem with opt-in polls is that only people who read that publication are even aware of the poll. The Economist is owned by the Rothchilds, of banking fame. It is a conservative capitalist publication, read by conservative capitalists. So, of course only people who already disapprove of the President were going to respond to the poll. The latest PEW poll, by the way, shows Obama leading Romney by 6 points before Romney went to get money from his European backers.
Jim

"There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, the night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."  Patrick Rothfuss

Offline powderman

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 05:28:40 AM »
The latest PEW poll, by the way, shows Obama leading Romney by 6 points before Romney went to get money from his European backers. 
     I'd say the poll is named appropriately. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline josiah712

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 06:52:12 AM »
Needles, you are saying that this poll has a built in conservative bias.  That may be true, but nevertheless, they are comparing their polling numbers with their own previous polling numbers.  So the point that there is some decline in Obama's standing, would still be valid.
"It is when the people forget God, that tyrants forge their chains"

Patrick Henry

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 07:34:17 AM »
Needles, you are saying that this poll has a built in conservative bias.  That may be true, but nevertheless, they are comparing their polling numbers with their own previous polling numbers.  So the point that there is some decline in Obama's standing, would still be valid.

Good point
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline Needles

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 12:16:39 PM »
Valid? You're saying that, among people that already hate Obama, even more hate him now. Go figure.
Jim

"There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, the night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."  Patrick Rothfuss

Offline josiah712

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 12:36:09 PM »
So both the ones in the early polls, and the ones in the current polls, who approved of Obama, were Obama haters?

Patrick Henry

Offline Needles

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 03:05:00 PM »
I'm saying if you start with a biased poll group, your results will be biased. Garbage in, garbage out.
Jim

Offline josiah712

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 03:10:29 PM »
Basically all polling groups and their administrative personnel are biased.  They are voters, and you cannot vote without a bias.

Patrick Henry

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2012, 03:15:04 PM »
Valid? You're saying that, among people that already hate Obama, even more hate him now. Go figure.

Don't need to figure, it's already been done ;D But it didn't say these people that have second thoughts, be they Black or Brown now hate Obama, it is about approval numbers, not hate numbers.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline Needles

• Avid Poster
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2012, 11:49:36 PM »
Facts don't care whether you believe in them or not. They don't care if you believe in the source or not. The numbers reported in this "poll" are opinions, not facts. On an opt-in poll, all the increase shows is that more people opted-in the longer the "poll" was open. Not valid, not scientific, not credible.
Jim

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2012, 11:59:24 PM »
FACTS, we don't need no stinking facts!! ;) B.H.O.  gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Needles

• Avid Poster
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2012, 12:43:50 AM »
FACTS, we don't need no stinking facts!! ;) B.H.O.  gypsyman

Pretty well the problem with conservative policies, as I see it.
Jim

Offline magooch

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2012, 03:25:29 AM »
For the facts on Dumycrat policies, one needs only to look at the state of our country.  We're in debt up to our eyebrows, the jobless rate is horrible, the most ever people on food stamps and on and on.  Now the Dumycrats are about to push the same lending policies that brought on the economic decline when they got control of Congress in 2007.  Economists are predicting a depression next year if the Dumycrats are not thrown out with their stupid communist leader.
Swingem

Offline Needles

• Avid Poster
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2012, 04:17:53 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D As opposed to what, the downward plunge and loss of 700000 jobs per month that the regressives gave us?  ::) I'll take this, thank you.  ;D
Jim

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2012, 04:38:47 AM »
Great post! They didn't ask me either.
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.

Offline rickt300

• Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2012, 04:40:16 AM »
;D ;D ;D As opposed to what, the downward plunge and loss of 700000 jobs per month that the regressives gave us?  ::) I'll take this, thank you.  ;D
Are you still saying it's Bush's fault? When is Obama going to step up and be president?
I have been identified as Anti-Federalist, I prefer Advocate for Anarchy.