Author Topic: BM SUBJECT DONE  (Read 2195 times)

Offline Rogmatt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
BM SUBJECT DONE
« on: February 06, 2004, 03:54:43 PM »
Subject OVER

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
BM SUBJECT DONE
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2004, 04:06:34 PM »
:eek: I really hope he is unable to find this place(rogmatt). I have heard that Graybeard is a good guy and will keep BM away, please....<><.... :(
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Big Blue

• GBO Supporter
Re: BIG MORTIE IS COMING HERE
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2004, 04:06:45 PM »
Quote from: Rogmatt
 Just got a message from him, look for him soon. :-D  :-D  :-D  :)  :)  :)  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:

I do hope your right, I would miss hearing about the Squills. The message I get is that he's banned here? Hope that's not the case.
Don

Offline Wlscott

• A Real Regular
BM SUBJECT DONE
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2004, 04:10:10 PM »
Just got a message from him, look for him soon.          

Why do I get the funny feeling that he's already here?  

You know, if Morty really was just a back woods country hick that didn't know any better, it really wouldn't bother me at all.  But the thing is, I get the feeling that it's really someone just poking fun at the redneck gun nuts.  

That's my take on it anyway.
You haven't hunted......Until you've hunted the hunters

Offline Big Blue

• GBO Supporter
BM SUBJECT DONE
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2004, 04:19:26 PM »
I just took his antics as good hearted shtick. It gave me a smile more than once, and sometimes that's enough to help you through a bad day. Everybody needs a character, and he was ours.
Don

Offline JPH45

BM SUBJECT DONE
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2004, 05:05:55 PM »
Amen, Big Blue, Amen
Boycott Natchez Shooters Supplies, Inc

Offline Duce

• Avid Poster
BM SUBJECT DONE
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2004, 06:01:10 PM »
Rogmatt: I checked on the moderators forum, Big Morties was banned here long ago. He  made his bed let him lie in it. I registerd over at SGW and did a search tring to find him, are you sure he's over there???
BM is old news just let things lie, no use in tring to stir up trouble right off the bat. <>< :grin: Duce:
What ever you'll put up with, is exactly what you'll get!!!!!

Offline Badnews Bob

• Trade Count: (34)
BM SUBJECT DONE
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2004, 06:03:24 PM »
:? I know in my heart that ole biggin was just funnin with us he slipped up and made smart comments to often. Bob Hope made fun of every body and everything, look what he did for or troops, I hope gods taking very good care of him. Big Mortie... I can take him or leave him, but man he was funny sometimes and brought out the humor in the rest of us. 8)
Badnews Bob
AE-2 USN retired

Offline Rogmatt

• Contributor
BM SUBJECT DONE
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2004, 06:06:31 PM »
DONE

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
BM SUBJECT DONE
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2004, 06:12:31 PM »
We tried really hard to work with BM and allow him to fit in. He rebuked all attempts and finally just went too far over the line. You will find this site has little use for trouble makers. Anyone who feels the need to make trouble or feels their speech must be totally unencumbered please contact me off forum and I'll provide you with a URL to suit your needs. This ain't it.

We keep this one clean and fit for the entire family. We do not allow vulgarity, nudity, personal attacks or name calling or anyone who makes shooters and hunters look like buffoons. Let's just let the subject of Big Mortie end here. He is not welcome. The person who played BM might be if he knew how to behave.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Rogmatt

• Contributor
BM SUBJECT DONE
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2004, 06:18:20 PM »
10-4 Graybeard, I believe someone was impersonating him. Subject done

Offline Badnews Bob

BM SUBJECT DONE
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2004, 06:29:25 PM »
:agree: I have no problems with your standards GB but I love to laugh. Will just have to do it without BM 8)
Badnews Bob
AE-2 USN retired

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
BM SUBJECT DONE
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2004, 06:54:52 PM »
Yup Bob, me too. I'm sure you'll find plenty to laugh about without him.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Duce

• Avid Poster
BM SUBJECT DONE
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2004, 03:08:08 AM »
Thanks Guys In a pinch you always did show your good sides. <>< :grin: Duce:

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
BM SUBJECT DONE
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2004, 04:41:33 AM »
:-) Thanks to both Graybeard and Duce, It seems I spoke briefly about my dislike of the antics and behavior of BM and I was attacked by the same member on this (and 2 other boards as well!) as having a crusade against BM. If the truth be told I have never been afraid to stand for my convictions but have over the past several months tried to remain out of the ranting and complaining on both sides of the BM issue, knowing it was fruitless. Thanks again the Duce. our own volunteer moderator and to our host Graybeard for also having the strength of thier convictions and keeping this a wholesome and intelligent forum...<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
Buffooon
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2004, 04:53:57 AM »
I for one am glad he isn't allowed here..He's is probably one of the many reasons the H&R forums was shut down.

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
BM SUBJECT DONE
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2004, 05:18:14 AM »
:D Thanks Mac, did not mean to slight you by leaving you out as one our 2 dedicated volunteer moderators, with some effort on all our parts we should have as great or better a site here than we have had prevoiusly, Thanks again and "Carry On!!"....<><.... :grin:

Offline Wlscott

• A Real Regular
BM SUBJECT DONE
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2004, 07:11:45 AM »
We do not allow vulgarity, nudity, personal attacks or name calling or anyone who makes shooters and hunters look like buffoons.

My opinion....The last nine words of this sentence pretty much sums up what BM was all about.  

I'd be lyin' if I said I didn't crack a smile occasionally at some of his posts, but I still think we're better off w/o him.

Thanks GB, Duce and Mac.

I've said it before and I'll say it again......GREAT SITE!!
You haven't hunted......Until you've hunted the hunters

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
BM SUBJECT DONE
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2004, 07:25:08 AM »
Quote from: MSP Ret
:D Thanks Mac, did not mean to slight you by leaving you out as one our 2 dedicated volunteer moderators, with some effort on all our parts we should have as great or better a site here than we have had prevoiusly, Thanks again and "Carry On!!"....<><.... :grin:

I didn't take it as a slight at all....just putting in my $.02 :wink:

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline VarmintController

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
NO BIG MORTIE
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2004, 08:14:49 AM »
:roll:  :roll:  :roll:  yep that is free speach at its best. i know he had his moments, but i got a kick out of him. and i just think he should be given a chance. BY THE WAY HI GUYS!!!!!!!!!!
The Proud Owner Of AMERICAN Made Guns!

Offline GBO MGMT

• Administrator
  • Avid Poster
BM SUBJECT DONE
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2004, 11:25:49 AM »
yep that is free speach at its best. i know he had his moments, but i got a kick out of him. and i just think he should be given a chance.

He was given way more than a chance. He was given many chances. He spit in our face instead. Cussed me and my moderators and made personal attacks. That ABSOLUTELY AND POSITIVELY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED ON THIS SITE.

Free speech has it's limits in this country and for sure on this site. If you feel the need to be among those who do not care what is said or done please e-mail or PM me. I'll give you an address of where to go. On this site folks follow the rules.

Let's end this discussion on the subject of the character Big Mortie. He made his bed here long before you guys ever came here. Now he must lie in it.

GB

• Avid Poster
BM SUBJECT DONE
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2004, 12:03:37 PM »
:D GBO<-------- personal attacks???? bad language?????? sorry but that does not sound like the BM i know. maybe it was a fake BM we had on the H&R board??? and yes its your site, and you pay for it. so you can do what you want to. but you got to understand, from someone just joining it did kinda sound like if people said things you did not like they would get banned. or that was how i took it. if you gave him a "FAR" chance then you did nothing wrong. but the Big Mortie i know i dont think ever used foul language, and as far as the personal attack thing goes, other then little poking at people in fun like many of us have done. i never saw any of that either.

• Avid Poster
BM SUBJECT DONE
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2004, 12:07:46 PM »
and i almost forgot please dont ban me now  :bird:  :biggun:   :eek:  :eek:  :lol:  :eek:  :lol:  i am a great fun lovin' coutry boy who just loves hunting, shootin' and HAVING FUN :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  just ask the other guys out here from the old board. i mean no harm man for the record the emotions really are GREAT!!!!!!!

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
BM SUBJECT DONE
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2004, 02:36:53 PM »
VarmintController,  :oh:  :yeah:  but how do ya like the emoticons is what I wanna know?  :-D  :D

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline Blazer.

BM SUBJECT DONE
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2004, 05:51:42 PM »
V/C is right about the cussing part.I never read a post with BM using any fowl language. :money:
"If your gonna be dumb,you gotta be tough."

Offline Dean Cascio

I made it!
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2004, 06:06:40 PM »
I always thought BM's writing was fun to read.
Dean
If they don't trust us with guns, how can we trust them with the government?

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
BM SUBJECT DONE
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2004, 06:07:39 PM »
I only know how the BM posting here acted. It wasn't nice. Who it was doing it I do not know. The name is not allowed here as he registered it and now has been deactivated so the name is still taken so to speak. We judge each poster on their behavior. Folks who follow our simple rules get no hassle. Folks who continue to violate them after being warned cease to be welcome. All I know is that's what happened with the BM we had here.

GB

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline Deadeye47

BM SUBJECT DONE
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2004, 06:38:56 PM »
Hello folks! :D  Good to be here...and it was a rough road for me too I might add! Isn't that right greybeard?! LOL  The first thread I saw was this one about B-M.....Just like Clem Kadiddlehopper I know he meant no harm to anyone as he I S  just a persona and having fun in his own way..I enjoyed his posts also. Like Old Clem surely no one thought he was real? Did they? Yikes apparently some did!! .......hope everyone will bare with me at times...I get bored with the mater of fact dialogs some time and like to inject a little humor here and there.  I'm NOT easily offended and if ya don't like it just tell me to shut up and I'll can it....  :grin:   And No I'm not Big Mortie!  I'm Deadeye, I do like squirrel but  I ain't married!!
" I believe that forgiving them [terrorists] is God''s function. OUR JOB is to arrange the meeting." Gen. Schwartzkopf........AMEN  Norman  :agree:

DECEASED 10-09-05

Offline Duce

• Avid Poster
BM SUBJECT DONE
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2004, 07:09:33 PM »
Fellars: I don't understand what the hub-bub is about. You forget one thing I was member # 174 over there, long befor BM or one of his many guises was. I don't remember him using foul language, what I heard was him asking how many cases of beer do you take when you go shooting????  Or bragging about blasting turkeys cutting off the beards and throwing them in the creek. Hunting over a salt block, blasting squirrels with a 06, what's funny about randomly firing a highpowered rifle into the air?????  My only weapon was to follow him and post the troll paper on him till he finally turned and attacked me on the board and thru PM. It must have had some effect or he was running out of e-mail addresses to dummy up to re-register, the last month or so he had settled?? down somewhat. Was he the cause of the shut down, don't know, doubt if he helped things, wouldn't be surprise that he's not somewhere bragging that he was. Now GB has welcome us here and anyone has the keyhonees to question his banning of a single person. Everyone likes to throw free speech into the mix, ignoring the responsibility that goes with it. If BM were to walk into any gunshop and start talking his trash, at best most would ask him to leave, maybe under arrest bragging about poaching, or maybe get his nose really outta joint, because it's broken. To me it is honestly a dead subject and a waste of space. He made his own decisions and must live with them. There's enough old members out here, to be found and information to be be retrieved, rather than worry about BM. <>< :grin: Duce:

Offline Slug-Gunner

Founding Member of H&R Talk Forum
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2004, 08:13:29 PM »
Somewhat like Duce, I was one of the "founding members" of the H&R Talk Forum (Member #43). Big Mortie (or his act/sound-a-like twin) had previously came to that forum under 2-4 different screen names - the first couple of them being OUTRIGHT OBNOXIOUS & INSULTING to anyone who disagreed with or criticized him. In fact, I'm sure they were THE ONLY ONES that ever got "banned" or "removed" from that forum by the administrator when he told him to GoToH*** in no uncertain terms and language when asked to "tone down" his language on the forum. The latest Big Mortie was his MOST POLITE version though, even though it offended many users there.

I've spent most of my military career as a technical writer and supervisor and had to write and read (proof read) a lot of technical and personnel reports and information. One of the things I was taught was to watch for the use of repeated phrases/words or the use/misuse & misspelling of certain words and phrases. This is what usually "identified" Big Mortie as he used his different "alias" screen names (often even answering his own postings under an "alias" screen name). Some of the "early members" of the forum also noticed this and posted their thoughts on it. At first they were denied, but then confronted by "exact quotes" of identical "pet phrases" under different "alias" postings. The "alias's" suddenly were deleted from the member list when one "savy" information technology tech started listing the methods that could be used to track a computer user to both his internet provider and his account number and identify the computer used. (This is exactly how the FBI/FCC tracks down pediophiles and the music industry tracked down those who were pirating music videos and DVD's off the Internet using illegal downloads.)

Whoever the "Big Mortie" is that confronted Greybeard we're not sure of. The one thing we NEED TO DO, is put BM behind us and spend our time here on GBO in a more "constructive" and "informative" manner and PUT THE PAST BEHIND US. There's a lot of good people on the GBO forum who will go "out of their way" to help others with a problem or who need information. All that is asked is that you treat others with the same "repect" and "courtesy" you would like yourself and your family members be given.

:eek:  :)  :wink:  :roll:  :idea:
HUNT SAFELY - THINK AT ALL TIMES!