Author Topic: Chick Fil A Appreciation Day  (Read 2888 times)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
Re: Chick Fil A Appreciation Day
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2012, 08:07:22 AM »
Sin is sin.  One is not greater or lesser than another.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline finisher

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2012, 08:56:57 PM »
I love this site because being the LA oddball my views more often than not, just plain grind w/ those of most here. But this is not what I love about it. What it is is that every now and again someone will post something that to me is right on to my way of thinking (or at least 98%) and the person posting will be someone with whom I usually have a very different perspective.

And in this case it is you Dixie Dude.

I'm always saying that in spite of all our differences, if we just try a little to do what IMO is the Christ "like" thing to do and empathise, see the world through different eyes, experience, and perspective; we will find common ground.

I would only go as far as saying, in reference to "hating the sin" and not people, that sin is what it is, in and of itself it is always a choice that will always turn a blind eye to ones disapproval and even approval as well. Why allow it to give rise to ANY kind of HATE.

Hate already has too much power of it's own. Don't give it more. I've always felt that it was one of the challenges that is presented to us by the teachings of Christ, and quite possibly one of the most difficult, to seek to understand (and by this I am not suggesting to condone) the "why" people become what they do in order to change things for the future (I also agree with you on the strong Family Unit).

Sad thing is you're absolutely correct about the behavioral and tactics examples that you give and they are very predatory in nature. Indeed a challenge not to HATE that. As we agree, we all have that right to express our views (this is precious to me) but the positive or negative receptiveness one will receive is always contingent upon ones eloquence, tactfulness, and humility in presentation. And unfortunately the great majority of us come up quite short when it comes to emulating Christ in that respect.

Excellent post Dixie Dude.

Offline lgm270

« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2012, 03:45:18 AM »
They've arrested the  criminal who vandalized a Chick Fil A in Torrance, CA  in the aftermath of Appreciation day:  It's  a 30 year old  Hispanic queer named Manual Castro.    He defended his actions on the ground that he  is an "artist" who used paint to deface other peoples' property and that made it OK.   

I guess his use of paint to mark his territory and deface other people's property   is  some kind of progress in  that he has uplifted himself  beyond  urinating on it like a dog.

Don't judge him too harshly.  According to liberals,  he's morally superior to you! 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/03/chick-fil-a-graffiti-torrance_n_1738807.html

Offline yellowtail3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2012, 03:54:34 AM »
Don't judge him too harshly.  According to liberals,  he's morally superior to you! 

provide a quote from some liberal here, who has made that assertion?
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2012, 04:18:56 AM »
Don't have to YT, liberals always think their smarter and know whats best. Just ask them!! gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2012, 05:13:58 AM »
Don't have to YT, liberals always think their smarter and know whats best. Just ask them!! gypsyman

Yes they "know" whats best for us. ::)  After all, they tell us we don't need guns.  ::)
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.