Author Topic: It was a stupid move...  (Read 303 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
It was a stupid move...
« on: August 03, 2012, 02:45:12 AM »
  It was a stupid move at the time and I called it back then, I can't imagine why the Republicans involved, couldn't see through the smoke screen;
   The "sequestration" idea said that if the Democrats & Republicans on the committee could not come to agreement, automatic cuts would take place, chiefly to our own defense..
    http://www.newsmax.com/
  I said then that the Democrats would go into "sequestration" with the plan being to scuttle the whole thing, in order to lower our defenses.
   Where the Republicans involved were downright stupid... is that they trusted the Democrats to be honest, upstanding and to have our nation's best interests at heart.
   ...They should have known better..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: It was a stupid move...
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 03:14:47 AM »
Often there is no good choice in these matters.  Anyone who gambles on the Dumycrats to do the right thing is always going to lose.  Remember how illegal immigration would be stopped after the Reagan amnesty?  Remember the $2 cuts in spending for each new dollar in tax increases?  And yes I know that Republicans are not blameless in these matters, but there is a huge difference between scratching your butt and tearing a hole in it.  The Dumycrats always leave a hole.
Swingem

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 10:53:11 AM »
as I recall, the republicans could avoid that by coming to some kind of agreement..........NO Republican trusted a Democrat on anything, or vice versa, nor was there any real doubt as to what would happen, both sides wanted a way to kick the can down the road. Soon, it will be time to kick the can again........Everyone could have bit the bullet, there was a lopsided offer on the table- 5 to one, savings vs tax hikes, but no one would deal. We deserve whatever we get. I am looking forward to this catastrophe, I have never actually taken part in a cataclysmic event, and this is my big chance. I really hope you aren't just crying wolf, because I have a 5 year supply of Cream O' Wheat and Bisquick set back and if this does not come to pass, thats a hell of a lot of waffles............
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.

Offline clum sum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 11:43:37 AM »
Two shooter for congress ! If and I hope You do needsomeone to help You to eat the waffles I may cume up with a lot of syrup.
A man's hand shake is his bond.
                     Joe R. Risley Jr.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 11:45:43 AM »
  There was no chance of an agreement to start.  The Democrats went into sequestration with no intentions to reach an agreement...even though they said they would try very hard to do so.
  The Republicans are at fault..sinply because they believed the Democrats..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)