Author Topic: Torture  (Read 312 times)

Offline rio grande

• Trade Count: (39)
Torture
« on: August 05, 2012, 03:25:55 AM »
Torture of prisoners is never justified.  Not legally or morally.
It's a black mark on our nation that we ever found it acceptable.

"...still unknown to many U.S. citizens, is that the UN Convention Against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment, which Ronald Reagan signed in 1988, confirms that there are never, ever any excuses for the use of torture. Article 2.2 states unambiguously, “No exceptional circumstances whatsoever, whether a state of war or a threat of war, internal political instability or any other public emergency, may be invoked as a justification of torture.”

http://www.fff.org/comment/com1208c.asp

http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/torture-under-obama

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Torture
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 03:50:03 AM »
Over the years, I read in the papers, and watched on the TV news, stories of murderers, pedophiles, and rapists, torturing, killing, and disposing the bodies of family members of folks, and then on capture refusing to tell the police and families of the where abouts of these "victim" loved ones.
I was only on one occasion fortunate enough (if that's what you want to call it) in finding a hidin murder victim, whom had been buried in the middle of a cow trail. It was luck, as I was hunting the killer himself, but it did give the family some peace in being able to bury their loved one, and yes, I did catch the killer, and he wasn't gonna tell me squat.

Now your wondering what the above has to do with the topic? I have always said, that if this were to happen to one of my family members, me and the suspect would go deer huntin. Just me and him, and we would have a nice hot fire, and a good "enlightening conversation" concerning the topic of my family member's whereabouts.

Barbaric? YEP! Cruel? YEP! Yet sadistically and necessarily informative. ;)

Both my son's have been in harms way. My youngest had 3 tours. If someone knew, and wouldn't tell, how to save my son's life, or the son's of others, then get out the matches and the runnin iron, and if you don't have the stomach for it, come back later, because I do. Call me what you will. Think what you wish. But I have seen the bad side of men, and I accept the terms of engagement, and fact finding, and they are: What ever it takes!
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline kynardsj

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (54)
  • Sweet Home Alabama
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 04:30:37 AM »
Torture is a terrible thing......................but....................I agree with Dee......................If a bad person won't tell you things that will give a family closure, or a terrorist won't divulge plans that will kill hundreds or even thousands of people as in 9-11.......................do what you have to do to protect the innocent. If a small amount of evil will stop a tremendous amount of evil then I choose the small amount. It's a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation.
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die the world cries and you rejoice.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 06:35:12 AM »
I don't see extracting information out of a cur as evil. He (or she) opened the ball, and set the music. Let them also, dance to the music they chose. So! He (or she) set the rules to start with, and the rules is: They ain't no rules! ;)
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2012, 09:02:56 AM »
Ya can't love the information out of these vile animals. If it works it's worth it.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.