Author Topic: Astra A70  (Read 1207 times)

Offline Gunnerd

• The Nerd Who Likes Guns
  • Trade Count: (0)
Astra A70
« on: August 07, 2012, 10:45:06 AM »
Anyone own one? I traded into one last week and was smitten by its feel in my hand. For a small gun, it fit fairly well in my hand. Love the fact it is all steel, should absorb recoil pretty well.

It came with the box, all paperwork, and the biggest selling point, 5 magazines!

Considering they are no longer imported and spare mags start at $36, I believe I got a good deal.
I'm sort of Libertarian; You know, do all the heroin you want and good luck with it, just leave my money alone.

Offline spruce

Re: Astra A70
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 12:16:46 PM »
I had an A75 for a while.  It too was all steel and like you said, had a good solid feel in the hand.

Had no problems with it, but had a greater "need" for something else and traded it off.

I think I saw Astra mags advertised on the CDNN website a while back.  Seems like I read they bought all the Astra factory mags when Astra quit making the guns.

Offline Gunnerd

• The Nerd Who Likes Guns
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 12:55:12 PM »
The A70 is single action, while the A75 is double action. I also saw the A75 mags advertised in CDNN
I'm not sure if they are compatible with my gun, but at $19.99, it might be worth looking into to supplement.

It's going to be the girlfriend's gun or a car gun if it has any accuracy to it. I plan on using 124 grain JHPs for carry, and cast 124 grain bullets for fun
I'm sort of Libertarian; You know, do all the heroin you want and good luck with it, just leave my money alone.

Offline Ladobe

• Trade Count: (91)
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 11:33:54 AM »
Only Astra I ever owned was a Cub, the mini compact 22 Short aroud 50 years ago.   Well made, surprisingly accurate and as you said felt solid in the hand.
Evolution at work. Over two million years ago the genus Homo had small cranial capacity and thick skin to protect them from their environment. One species has evolved into obese cranial fatheads with thin skin in comparison that whines about anything and everything as their shield against their environment. Meus

Offline Savage

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 01:54:34 AM »
I have an A75 in 9mm. Solid little pistol.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline carlsflh

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 09:27:54 AM »
a shooting buddy picked up one at a gunshow a couple of months ago or 275.with 2 mags i've shot it nice accurate 9mm i've owned a astra a8o and a a90 both nice da 45s wish i still had the a80

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 11:16:40 AM »
Isnt that simular to the Firestar?

The Astra firearms where very under rated and shot very well!

If the price is right I would not hesitate in grabbing that up!

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline BAGTIC

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 05:53:59 AM »
I have an A-100 .40S&W and four Astra Constables in .22 LR. All have been very reliable and accurate guns.