Author Topic: I made it!  (Read 782 times)

Offline whitedogone

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
I made it!
« on: February 07, 2004, 02:41:13 AM »
Thanks to all you guys that sent me PM's.  When I saw that dreaded message that the NEF site was closed, I felt like I lost contact with a family member.  I know this board is going to be even better!
   I said that long ago over on the other NEF board,the thing that the NEF board was missing was a moderator.   I have been crusing forums since the internet was in it's infancy,just a small network of computers around the world.  I have seen many boards come and go.  The common thing about most of the ones that have folded is the lack of a active moderator.  What I tried to convey to the guys over at the other board was that we as members needed to do that job ourselves.  But some members just thought it was cute and funny.  They continued  to post to "the" individual.  They told me and others that wouldn't post replies to ANYTHING  that "the" guy posted to lighten up.  Sorry for the rant, I will not say anything more on the subject.  I'm so sorry it ruined the NEF site.  But on the other hand, maybe it's for the better.  We have a new board with real mods!  Thanks very much to Duce and Mac.  I'm sure they will delete some of my posts.  But that's OK that's what they are here for.   My only hope is that they will allow this board to 'Go" off topic at times.  As most of you know I can definitely go off on a tangent at times.
Beretta S686 Sporting 12g 30"
Beretta Silver Pigeon Sporting 20g 28"
Ithaca (SKB) Model 500 Skeet 28g 28"
Browning BPS Syn. 12g 3.5" 26"
Browning BPS rifled w/ Pentax 2x5x20
Tikka M595 in .223 w/ Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16x40
Savage 93 in 17HMR w/ Mueller APV 4.5-14
Winchester 94 mint Built in 1951
Ruger Redhawk 7 1/2" 44 Mag

http://www.illinoiscarry.com/

Offline BIGBOREFAN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
I made it!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2004, 02:43:01 AM »
Glad to see you made it WDG. :D This a pretty good site.

BBF
LETS GO STEELER'S. BIG BEN JUST KEEPS ON TICKEN. STEELER'S IN JACKSONVILLE THIS YEAR!

Offline Duce

• Avid Poster
I made it!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2004, 02:55:12 AM »
Whitedogone: Amen!!!!!
I for one, unless told by the boss, intend to be pretty broad on off topic, this is family. Sorry to say I've already had to do my job a couple of time. Some wantd to start a fight, right off the bat, over an old, tired subject, that has been banned here long ago. It's getting more like home all the time!! <>< :grin: Duce:
What ever you'll put up with, is exactly what you'll get!!!!!

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
I made it!
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2004, 02:58:46 AM »
:D  WDG, great to have you aboard, and as usual after reading your above post I have I have strengthened my opinion that you are a very inciteful observer....<><.... :-)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
I made it!
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2004, 02:59:40 AM »
:D  WELCOME!  :D   Always enjoyed your posts at the "other" forum and look forward to more of the same here. Good to have ya back!   :grin:
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline hellacatcher

• A Real Regular
I made it!
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2004, 03:06:47 AM »
:D  :-D  :grin:  :)  :-)
from Tennessee---Paul

Offline jeff223

I made it!
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2004, 03:22:10 AM »
glad you got that PM whitedogone.glad your here now

Offline GBO MGMT

• Administrator
  • Avid Poster
I made it!
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2004, 04:44:34 AM »
This one is yours to enjoy. You will determine content for the most part. All I ask is you stay within the general guidelines of the entire site so it stays clean and safe for the entire family.

No personal attacks, no name calling, no foul language, no nudity and no advertising on the discussion forums (we have three Classifieds for that).

GB

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
I made it!
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2004, 05:50:47 AM »
as a long time member of GB outdoors I know you guys will find it a great site to share knowledge as well as a good laugh. Also as a member of the H&R site I must say I was surprised they left it up a slong as they did. There was a lot of liability there and the petty arguing was getting out of hand to the point I was not visiting very often.  It will be great here. Thanks Bill for the new forum and duce if you need any help let me know.  On H&R I was bubba58 here I am just bubba.
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Wlscott

• A Real Regular
I made it!
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2004, 07:05:25 AM »
:D Good to see ya made it WDG :D

I was starting to wonder if ya fell off the side of the earth :lol:
You haven't hunted......Until you've hunted the hunters

Offline nipprdog

• Avid Poster
I made it!
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2004, 01:22:05 PM »
the circle is now complete.

Offline Big Blue

• GBO Supporter
I made it!
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2004, 01:36:55 PM »
WDG,
  Glad you found your way to our new home. I tried to vote five bullets for you already, but........ :)
Don