Author Topic: A vote for OBama  (Read 1518 times)

Offline buffermop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
A vote for OBama
« on: August 08, 2012, 11:32:10 AM »
A vote for OBama is a vote to kill the innocent  unborn babies!!!

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
Re: A vote for OBama
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 11:37:03 AM »
I think a vote for Obama, is a vote for Obama, unless killing innocent babies is on the ballot.
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 11:42:51 AM »
A vote for Obama or a vote for Romney, it doesn't matter when it comes to the killing of innocent babies.

ROMNEY ON ABORTION: "I will preserve   and protect a woman's right to choose, and I am devoted and dedicated to   honoring my word in that regard."
 Televised   Massachusetts Governor's race debate, 2002.

When running for   Governor of Massachusetts, Mitt Romney sought Planned Parenthood's endorsement   and filled out their "candidate survey" as a strong "pro-choice" candidate.

For example:
 Planned Parenthood   Question: Do you support state   funding of abortion services through Medicaid for low-income   women?

Mitt Romney Answer: YES.

As a candidate for   governor, Mitt Romney told Planned Parenthood he:
SUPPORTS: Roe v. Wade - state funding for abortions - requiring insurance to cover contraception - increased access to emergency contraception
  Mitt Romney's wife   Ann personally donated to Planned Parenthood!
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline saddlebum

• "I ain't never been killed in my life."
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 07:40:52 AM »
Concerning Romney's "flip-flop" on abortion.
It appears he had an epiphany while governor of Mass. and changed his Libertarian point of view on the matter and decided to go with his conscience instead. Nothing wrong with repentance.

Q: Why such a dramatic and profound change after pledging never to waiver on a woman’s right to choose?

A: I was always personally opposed to abortion, as I think almost everyone in this nation is. And the question for me was, what is the role of government? And it was quite theoretical and philosophical to consider what the role of government should be in this regard, and I felt that the Supreme Court had spoken and that government shouldn’t be involved and let people make their own decision. That all made a lot of sense to me. Then I became governor and the theoretical became reality. A bill came to my desk which related to the preservation of life. I recognized that I simply could not be part of an effort that would cause the destruction of human life. And I didn’t hide from that change of heart. I recognize it’s a change. Every piece of legislation which came to my desk in the coming years as the governor, I came down on the side of preserving the sanctity of life.
http://www.ontheissues.org/Governor/Mitt_Romney_Abortion.htm
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 04:34:20 PM »
Not saying who is right or taking sides on this one.
Just making a statement!!!

If I may put a slant on this.
I, myself hate the idea of abortion for the sake of a quick, one night stand or we made a mistake.
Tough, that was your fault, live with it.

On the other hand, what if the woman was raped?
Should she be forced to bear a child conceived from such a brutal assult?
I mean truly raped, not just a claim.
I know I wouldn't want my daughter (if I had one. We have two boys) to have to carry some whatever's child.
What if it meant the life of the woman.
Again, I mean she WILL DIE if she gives birth, NO QUESTION!
So where do I stand on abortion.
I am against it but I am glad we have it.
Am I a flip-flop?
Am I a hypocrite?
What if it was your wife or daughter?
How would you feel about it?
Kind of a tough call ain't it!

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 04:54:48 PM »
A vote for Obama or a vote for Romney, it doesn't matter when it comes to the killing of innocent babies.

ROMNEY ON ABORTION: "I will preserve   and protect a woman's right to choose, and I am devoted and dedicated to   honoring my word in that regard."
 Televised   Massachusetts Governor's race debate, 2002.

When running for   Governor of Massachusetts, Mitt Romney sought Planned Parenthood's endorsement   and filled out their "candidate survey" as a strong "pro-choice" candidate.

For example:
 Planned Parenthood   Question: Do you support state   funding of abortion services through Medicaid for low-income   women?

Mitt Romney Answer: YES.

As a candidate for   governor, Mitt Romney told Planned Parenthood he:
SUPPORTS: Roe v. Wade - state funding for abortions - requiring insurance to cover contraception - increased access to emergency contraception
  Mitt Romney's wife   Ann personally donated to Planned Parenthood!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Doublebass;

Does this mean a man should be incapable of changing his mind when he discovers new evidence? 
 What do you think of a man who, when perhaps confronted with new evidence...is still incapable of changing his stance?

Since you make a point of Romney's pro-life position, let's look at it this way ..

With Romney/Ryan you have one who has recently seen the wisdom and one man who has always been pro-life..

With the Obama/Biden team, you have  one who is anti-life...and a second who is anti-life..

That is not hard to decipher and approve of the RR team; .. unless one happens to be pro-death himself.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline saddlebum

• "I ain't never been killed in my life."
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 05:03:40 PM »
Oh, by the way, concerning the original post.

There has never been a more true statement.
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline magooch

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 04:19:40 AM »
More to the real point--a vote for Obama is a vote for the death of our country.
Swingem

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 05:02:11 AM »
More to the real point--a vote for Obama is a vote for the death of our country.

agree with this

those unable to become pregnant are not entitle to an opinion posed in the OP
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 07:25:47 AM »

Agreed one more time.

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 11:44:29 AM »
"I will preserve   and protect a woman's right to choose, and I am devoted and dedicated to   honoring my word in that regard."

Sounds like flip flopping to me! A man who uses words like Devoted, Dedicated, and Honoring to describe his positionand then changes his stance because of the winds of politics.......well he's not someone I can trust, now can I?

Past performance is the single best indicator of future performance.
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline twoshooter

• Remember the Starfish......
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2012, 03:43:58 PM »
My family was here..... before there was a country. I dont need someone who just fell off a turnip truck telling me about my citizenship. If you dont want a gun , dont buy one, if you dont like smoke, dont smoke, and if you dont like abortion..... dont have one. When you decide to get all ugly about limiting OTHERS freedom, you are voting against FREEDOM. When you create the mechanism of and for control it IS ABOUT CONTROL, it is mindless, like a weapon, it does not care whom it cuts, whom it shoots, it will exist and grow to further its own survival. You know how many here rant about the size and scope of the government.......and you want to create a NEW bureau, with broad invasive powers, a large budget, resource needs, etc,etc,  ???? You need to realize that the FIRST action you need to take if you actually want a smaller government is to give up your desire to be able to tell others what to do, and how to live their lives. In return, they must reciprocate, that is the deal, the bargain struck. Or the long war goes on. So be it.
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 04:54:06 PM »
"I will preserve   and protect a woman's right to choose, and I am devoted and dedicated to   honoring my word in that regard."

Sounds like flip flopping to me! A man who uses words like Devoted, Dedicated, and Honoring to describe his positionand then changes his stance because of the winds of politics.......well he's not someone I can trust, now can I?

Past performance is the single best indicator of future performance.

Some people would rather believe the BS coming from Romney's mouth because it sounds good than to look at his record to see the damage he has done.

In Massachusetts, under Romneycare a low income woman can get a FREE abortion at the expense of the taxpayers. If you're against abortion it doesn't matter, you still have to pay taxes to fund it for other people.

Romney to NARAL in 2002: You Should Have a Friend Like Me in Washington

The Washington Post ran a piece on Mitt Romney in Massachusetts and his efforts to re-assure liberals:

Mitt Romney was firm and direct with the abortion rights advocates sitting in his office nine years ago, assuring the group that if elected Massachusetts governor, he would protect the state’s abortion laws.

Then, as the meeting drew to a close, the businessman offered an intriguing suggestion — that he would rise to national prominence in the Republican Party as a victor in a liberal state and could use his influence to soften the GOP’s hard-line opposition to abortion.

He would be a “good voice in the party” for their cause, and his moderation on the issue would be “widely written about,” he said, according to detailed notes taken by an officer of the group, NARAL Pro-Choice Massachusetts.

“You need someone like me in Washington,” several participants recalled Romney saying that day in September 2002, an apparent reference to his future ambitions.

Romney made similar assurances to activists for gay rights and the environment, according to people familiar with the discussions, both as a candidate for governor and then in the early days of his term.

Within five years, Romney would be campaigning as an uber-prolifer and advocate of a Federal Marriage Amendment. In defense of Romney, this story was released in 2007, but due to the ADD nature of Americans, it’s not a revelations most people will remember.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2012, 05:01:52 PM »

I think a vote for Obama is a vote for a lying politician. I think a vote for Romney is a vote for a liar.Obviously, both are liars, and pretty good at it or they wouldn't be in the position they are in.
I believe this statement below explains it well!
Politicians tell lies because politics is an art of deception and diplomacy.They are skillful orators and know the weakness of the gullible people who have in political history displayed a foolish credulous temperament to be always subservient to authority, be it a monarchy or a democratic government.They tell lies because people are willing to listen to them.
I know I use to fit the description of being a gullible voter that accepted the lies of Republicans over the lies of Democrats.I don't want to do that anymore, so I try to find the true worth of these people who would (Represent us) ::) If they lie to you once, chances are great they will do it again and again.Why not? They know we would rather hear a good lie, over bad truth.A vote for a mangy hound would be better than one for a known LIAR!Don't ya think?

Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline twoshooter

• Remember the Starfish......
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 05:27:26 PM »
I think you are right. I think the quote from Nicholson says it best " you can't handle the truth". It will be a shocker regardless...........
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 04:25:23 AM »
They know we would rather hear a good lie, over bad truth.

Now  that one is a classic! Mind if I use it elsewhere?

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline LONGTOM

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 08:40:10 AM »
So NW, the question for you is are you voteing for Romney?
You said it yourself, " A vote for a mangy hound would be better than one for a known LIAR! Don't ya think? "
We already know the one who is in there now is an out & out LIAR!

Do I like Mitt, not all that much.
Do I like THE LIAR IN THE WHITE HOUSE, NO WAY.
Not because of his race but for the things he has done to this country and it's people.

Do I believe Romny?
Some but not all of what he says.
Do I believe the other LIAR?
Not at all.

We know what the one who is in there now has done and said and none of it has worked.
Let's try someone else's ideas and see how that goes.
If we don't like them then we can vote him out also.

To those that decide to not vote this time around, you have no say in the matter.
Sure it is your right to not vote but it is also the only time your voice will be heard.
I would rather vote the lesser of two evils then to not vote at all.
At least it gives me the right to complain!

LONGTOM
NAHC Life Member
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 08:48:11 AM »
I think a vote for Obama, is a vote for Obama, unless killing innocent babies is on the ballot.
Is his platform not what you vote for ? A vote for anyone is a vote of confidence in his leadership and all that he brings with him be it an agenda or good leadership or not . So if a politican has supported an issue one could expect more of the same if voted in. To think otherwise is foolish really.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline rio grande

• Trade Count: (39)
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 09:22:41 AM »
Can you handle the truth?
Romney profited from abortion.

"Obama does not financially profit from the abortion industry. Romney does. Bain Capital, in the time Romney was listed as its legal head and even when he was attending Bain board meetings, was an owner of Stericycle, a major disposer of the dead bodies of aborted children in the United States."

http://ncronline.org/news/politics/which-presidential-candidate-truly-pro-life#.UCl67EL_Rak.facebook

I see no real choice in this election. I could not hold my breath long enough to get through the voting process.  Both Romney and Obama stink.

And I feel I will have more right to complain after the election than someone who votes for "the lesser of two evils".

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2012, 09:51:41 AM »
So NW, the question for you is are you voteing for Romney?
You said it yourself, " A vote for a mangy hound would be better than one for a known LIAR! Don't ya think? "
We already know the one who is in there now is an out & out LIAR!

Do I like Mitt, not all that much.
Do I like THE LIAR IN THE WHITE HOUSE, NO WAY.
Not because of his race but for the things he has done to this country and it's people.

Do I believe Romny?
Some but not all of what he says.
Do I believe the other LIAR?
Not at all.

We know what the one who is in there now has done and said and none of it has worked.
Let's try someone else's ideas and see how that goes.
If we don't like them then we can vote him out also.

To those that decide to not vote this time around, you have no say in the matter.
Sure it is your right to not vote but it is also the only time your voice will be heard.
I would rather vote the lesser of two evils then to not vote at all.
At least it gives me the right to complain!

LONGTOM

For most of my voting years I believed ........If you don't vote, you have no say. I now know that is hogwash!If you truly believe none of the chosen on the ballot are worth having in office, then abstaining or a write in vote is the right vote for you, and in no way diminishes your right to participate in the process or to complain about it.

If the ex gov. of NM....Gary Johnson is on the Libertarian ticket in Oregon, he will get my vote.
Neither the LIAR occupying the office now, or the LIAR trying to upset him will.

You see things in a different light, and that is your right!I don't have a problem with that, or who you vote for. I'm sure I won't agree with your choice as you won't mine, but that's what makes it great to be American.......RIGHT? On the forum we have the right to respectfully disagree. ;)
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2012, 10:09:09 AM »
if you pay taxes in america

YOU ARE FUNDING ABORTIONS

AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.

Offline LONGTOM

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2012, 10:31:10 AM »
I do agree with you NW on the part about voting for a third party.
If there turns out to be one I may vote that way myself if I think they are better then the two that is running now.

rio grande:
From what I read, and I may have missed something, but I didn't see where it said Stericycle did the abortions.
It said it was "a major disposer of the dead bodies of aborted children in the United States."
There is a difference.
If an undertaker were to bury the fetus from an abortion that doesn't make him an abortionist.

45-70.gov
"if you pay taxes in america

YOU ARE FUNDING ABORTIONS"

True!

LONGTOM

NAHC Life Member
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member

THOMAS JEFFERSON

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2012, 03:47:44 PM »
Please try to stay on topic. This topic is about abortion and obama. At for those of you need a place to regurgitate your lesser of 2 evils sentence, you know the appropriate place.  If you would like to talk about the moderating please contact 1 of us by pm.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2012, 03:54:57 PM »
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

But killing babies is on the ballot..right along with the leading Democrats..you ought to quit your spinning.  Nobody with a modicum of experience or knowledge doubts that the Democrats are the pro-death for infants.  Fact is, most of them vote in favor of the most barbaric form of infanticide... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6QzXZ0KNFY
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline powderman

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2012, 04:10:41 PM »

BUFFERMOP. AMEN. Worst part is the obama supporters know it and don't care. POWDERMAN.  :( :(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2012, 05:43:43 PM »
A vote for BHO is!!!!
A vote for baby killing!

A vote for communism/socialism.

A vote for undermining The basic fundamentals of American society.

A vote for class/race warfare.

A vote for treason.

99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2012, 02:06:47 AM »
Can you handle the truth?
Romney profited from abortion.

"Obama does not financially profit from the abortion industry.no not financially unless you consider his pay for being president you see some want him in because they want to live a less moral lifestyle and know he will allow it as that plays into forcing America to soicalism. Romney does yes and so do many churches when people realize their sin and turn to church seeking giudence for recovering their life and getting back on the stright and narrow and place money in the offering plate . Bain Capital, in the time Romney was listed as its legal head and even when he was attending Bain board meetings, was an owner of Stericycle, a major disposer of the dead bodies of aborted children in the United States Their death is a sin for sure but did not someone need to handle this arwful job ? would you or anyone else have taken it on for free ? ."

http://ncronline.org/news/politics/which-presidential-candidate-truly-pro-life#.UCl67EL_Rak.facebook

I see no real choice in this election I couldn't agree with you more . I could not hold my breath long enough to get through the voting process.  Both Romney and Obama stink yep it will be like trying to get a breath of fresh air in a sewer .

And I feel I will have more right to complain after the election than someone who votes for "the lesser of two evils".
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline magooch

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2012, 03:12:15 AM »
I would bet that most of the women who have abortions are liberals and probably Dumycrats, or vote exclusively for Dumycrats.  Chances are that if they have those babies, they will grow up to be Dumycrats.  The Dumycrats of today are essentially communists.  I have no problem at all figuring out that communism is bad.  Obama is a communist of the absolute worst order.  Romney is not.  One, or the other is going to be the next President.  This is not a hard choice.
Swingem

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2012, 05:18:17 AM »
I would bet that most of the women who have abortions are liberals and probably Dumycrats, or vote exclusively for Dumycrats.  Chances are that if they have those babies, they will grow up to be Dumycrats.  The Dumycrats of today are essentially communists.  I have no problem at all figuring out that communism is bad.  Obama is a communist of the absolute worst order.  Romney is not.  One, or the other is going to be the next President.  This is not a hard choice.

ever think that  maybe abortion  is part of GODS too rid of  us  bad people??

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2012, 05:41:44 AM »

ever think that  maybe abortion  is part of GODS too rid of  us  bad people??

Noooo.......but I might be supportive of it if we could make it retroactive. ;)