Author Topic: VC MADE IT OVER  (Read 676 times)

Offline VarmintController

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
VC MADE IT OVER
« on: February 07, 2004, 08:17:25 AM »
hi all your guys from the old board. i made it over, i dont know if i like the idea of this guy banning BM or other people for that matter, but i am going to give this board a shot, and see what happens.
The Proud Owner Of AMERICAN Made Guns!

Offline bubba

• Trade Count: (62)
VC MADE IT OVER
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2004, 08:31:02 AM »
Hey VC welcome. Big Mortie was banned from here long before this forum opened up.  He just does not fit in here
”A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.”

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
VC MADE IT OVER
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2004, 08:59:42 AM »
:D , Hi VC, glad your here. Re: BM, for some reason I was blamed for his being banned however I understand he was banned from here long ago, long before we (displaced H&R people) started coming here and long before I ever knew of this place (2 days ago). If anyone really misses BM's witty stories he may be coming to other sites according to "rogmatt" who says  BM contacted him (?) to advise him he would be coming back.  This seems like a good place to be, most of us are showing up, if anyone knows of someone who has not been advised where we are please take in on yourself to notify them....<><.... :D
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline 10ga.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
VC MADE IT OVER
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2004, 09:31:24 AM »
Think of it this way , would you rather be on a site because he(BM) is there or would you rather be here with everyone else from the old forum. I think the choice is clear.  Silly humor or unlimited information on H&R/NEF products??  Thats a no brainer :grin:
Paul Corbett
NEF 10ga SB2-MAB 
Handi-Rifle 30-06 Synthetic
H&R 12ga SB2-980 Ultra Slug
S&W .357 Model 586
"Peace Through Superior Firepower"

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
VC MADE IT OVER
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2004, 09:38:22 AM »
Hey VC  :D  Glad to see you made it. I'm still debating that smooth bore barrel issue. Let you know soon, OK?
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

• Avid Poster
VC MADE IT OVER
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2004, 09:56:47 AM »
good old bm got himself banned???? thats a big surprise. its not so much not having him here that bothered me. it was the idea of them banning people. who knows maybe i will be next because i say something they dont like??? it just does not seem really right, i know big mortie could be a real Pain in the *** at times. but as much as i hate to say it, he has the right to what he thinks too. now we all know BM was just somebody screwing around behind a fake name. could have been me for all you know, or could have been any of you for all i know. i used to bash on him too, but then i got to thinking about it, and decided i might as well laugh at his "inbreed" humor, and after a while i too found it kinda entertaining :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  yes i too found him funny.  so its not so much him as the thought of people getting banned just because other people dont like what they say.

Offline GBO MGMT

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
VC MADE IT OVER
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2004, 11:20:37 AM »
FOR THE RECORD:

BM was NOT banned from this site. His account was deactivated. Yes there is a difference. What this means is the actual person behind the BM character is still free to post here. BUT BM as a character is not welcome.

He was give far more than a fair chance to follow the rules here. He chose not to do so. He made personal attacks on both me and my moderators and used foul language. Yes these are things that will get you deactivated or even banned if need be. I pay the bills here and I make the rules. They will be followed or else. He chose or else, it wasn't forced on him.

Humor is one thing. What he did here WAS NOT humor.

GB

• Avid Poster
VC MADE IT OVER
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2004, 11:59:42 AM »
:D GBO<-------- personal attacks???? bad language?????? sorry but that does not sound like the BM i know. maybe it was a fake BM we had on the H&R board???  and yes its your site, and you pay for it. so you can do what you want to. but you got to understand, from someone just joining it did kinda sound like if people said things you did not like they would get banned. or that was how i took it. if you gave him a "FAR" chance then you did nothing wrong. but the Big Mortie i know i dont think ever used foul language, and as far as the personal attack thing goes, other then little poking at people in fun like many of us have done. i never saw any of that either.