Author Topic: For swing-state voters  (Read 320 times)

Offline thxmrgarand

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
For swing-state voters
« on: August 15, 2012, 05:57:44 PM »
HERE'S SOMETHING TO CONSIDER:

Columnist Andrew McCarthy gives us what probably is
the most important question regarding the upcoming presidential election.

>
                         [/b]If Mitt wins the nomination, I will enthusiastically
support his candidacy. For my friends who have hesitation on that score, I'd
just ask you to keep four things in mind:
[/font]
1.. Justice Scalia just turned 78
2.. Justice Kennedy will turn 78 later this year
3.. Justice Breyer will be 76 in August
4.. Justice Ginsburg turned 81 about a week ago.
[/font]

[/b]In addition,[/b] [/font]

• Justice Ginsburg has Pancreatic Cancer.
      [/b] [/font]

• Justice Stephens has already said he would retire and is just waiting for Obama to be reelected.[/b][/font]
    [/list]

The next president could appoint as many as 4 new Justices over next 8 years. This election is about more than ObamaCare Tax.

We wish them all well, of course, but the brute fact is that whoever we elect as president in November is almost certainly going to choose at least one new member of the Supreme Court, in addition to hundreds of other life-tenured federal judges, all of whom will be making momentous decisions about our lives for decades to come.
    [/b]
    [/font]

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
    • Trade Count: (5)
    Re: For swing-state voters
    « Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 01:51:08 AM »
    It kinda puts this election in a whole new perspective.
    99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
    • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
    « Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 07:24:52 AM »
    Like standing on the edge of the abyss.
    What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline garbhead

• GBO Supporter
    • Trade Count: (114)
    • A Real Regular
    • For every Goliath, there is a stone.
    « Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 07:43:27 AM »
    Yeah, the next "Supremes" might allow something horrendous for American politics, something say like ......Unlimited anonymous political cash contributions !!!!
    12g shortie w/chokes,Tamer .410,12g "Buck" slug gun w/20g extra barrel, 12g smooth bore tracker I, 45/410 w/22vp matched set, 7mm-08, .308 20",

my avatar pic is my 1960 Rambler I bought in 1972 for $175..6 banger 3-on-the-tree...drove it for 5 yrs  22mpg.. was "hot-rodding" (LOL) one night...tore out 1st/reverse gear. Drove it that way for 2 yrs(with no reverse and only 2nd and high)  Had to really plan ahead when parking.
    sold it for $125
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.--Mark Twain

Politicians should only be allowed one term in office, then one term in jail.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
    « Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 07:54:43 AM »
    Why not since it is legal and apparently causes no moral or ethical dilemma to grovel and offer American blood in a foreign country for financial help in a election campaign.

Offline garbhead

• GBO Supporter
    • Trade Count: (114)
    • A Real Regular
    • For every Goliath, there is a stone.
    « Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 08:00:10 AM »
    Why not since it is legal
    It wasn't "legal" until they made it legal....On both sides, do you suppose the individuals and corporations who give millions, expect nothing in return?
    12g shortie w/chokes,Tamer .410,12g "Buck" slug gun w/20g extra barrel, 12g smooth bore tracker I, 45/410 w/22vp matched set, 7mm-08, .308 20",

my avatar pic is my 1960 Rambler I bought in 1972 for $175..6 banger 3-on-the-tree...drove it for 5 yrs  22mpg.. was "hot-rodding" (LOL) one night...tore out 1st/reverse gear. Drove it that way for 2 yrs(with no reverse and only 2nd and high)  Had to really plan ahead when parking.
    sold it for $125
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.--Mark Twain

Politicians should only be allowed one term in office, then one term in jail.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
    « Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 08:19:06 AM »
    Of course they do. However when you deal with a foreign Govt, it opens up a whole new possibility of outside meddling.

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
    • Remember the Starfish......
    « Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 03:15:13 PM »
    John Maynard Keynes had the most applicable quote here "In the long run, we are all dead". (As far as I know that is accurately attributed). My grand children are smart, fast , strong, healthy, and have a first rate education. They are well equipped for whatever comes. That is as much as anyone could ask for the next generation, let them make of it what they will. By the time of the supposed Armageddon I shall be beyond the reach of worldly worries. I don't intend to spend my end days fretting about it. ;)
    1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.