Author Topic: Why not a little wager  (Read 956 times)

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
Why not a little wager
« on: August 17, 2012, 05:04:26 AM »
Harry Reid and by extension, the Dumycrat Party believes that Mitt Romney has not paid income taxes for ten years.  I would propose that Mitt offer a one million dollar bet with Harry.  The tax returns need not be opened for inspection--just verified by the IRS.  How about it Harry; put up, or shut up.
Swingem

Offline DDZ

Re: Why not a little wager
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 10:03:04 AM »
Harry reid will make up any lie to trash anyone other than a democrat, especially if that anyone has a chance of beating a democrat in an election. Harry doesn't need to make a wager. There are enough clueless voters that will believe his lies. Look how many times he has been elected. Its beyond me what people see in Harry to cause them to vote for him. I'm sure a big part of it is people taking in his lies hook-line-and sinker. One thing politicians do well is lie, and democrats definitely are very good at it.
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline mcbammer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 10:31:57 AM »
A  13  percent   tax  rate  is  almost   as  equal   to  not  paying  any   taxes.

Offline DDZ

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 10:53:32 AM »
A  13  percent   tax  rate  is  almost   as  equal   to  not  paying  any   taxes.

Really??? Romney made 21 million in 2010. 13% of that is 2,730,000. Thats one heck of a tax bill, and thats just federal income tax. I believe Romney also donates a lot of money to charity, which helps people way more than government taking your money via taxes, and expanding government with it.

I guess if you are part of the "rich guys owe us" crowd, I understand where you are coming from, but don't try to tell us, Romney paying 13% in taxes is like paying nothing.   
Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.    Wm. Penn

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 12:06:08 PM »

Really??? Romney made 21 million in 2010. 13% of that is 2,730,000. Thats one heck of a tax bill, and thats just federal income tax. I believe Romney also donates a lot of money to charity, which helps people way more than government taking your money via taxes, and expanding government with it.

I guess if you are part of the "rich guys owe us" crowd, I understand where you are coming from, but don't try to tell us, Romney paying 13% in taxes is like paying nothing.
Im   for   fair   taxation  for  everybody  .   I  have  never   made   over   30  thousand  a  year .  I   could   have  sure   used  a  13%    tax   bracket.  I  am   a  pro   flat   tax  proponent.  13%   accross   the  board  for  all.

Offline Lon371

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (53)
  • Why Not a Handi?
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 01:40:07 PM »

Im   for   fair   taxation  for  everybody  .   I  have  never   made   over   30  thousand  a  year .  I   could   have  sure   used  a  13%    tax   bracket.  I  am   a  pro   flat   tax  proponent.  13%   accross   the  board  for  all.

If you have never made over 30,000,  I am enclined to believe most of your taxes you paid were returned to you. In which case a flat tax would tear you up when you go shopping. Then you would say "what was I thinking"

Offline justme

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 03:07:14 PM »
If you have never made over 30k, what is it that you are doing wrong? No education? No skills? Lazy? Why not apply for food stamps like the rest....

Offline hillbill

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 04:47:06 PM »

If you have never made over 30,000,  I am enclined to believe most of your taxes you paid were returned to you. In which case a flat tax would tear you up when you go shopping. Then you would say "what was I thinking"

umm dont know where you get your info? i make less than 30 k and always end up getting very little back and in fact pay between 2 and 3 k a year in state and federal taxes. i cant claim either of my 2 minor children even tho i support them to the tune of around 800$ a month in child support and insurance. and for the poster that said if yu make less than 30 k you should apply for food stamps? ha, try it and see what happens in MO. you will get nothing!
however i live very well on what i make. just pisses me off to hear people say if your low income yu dont pay taxes!i wish that was the case but it isnt.

Offline powderman

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 03:43:05 AM »
If you have never made over 30k, what is it that you are doing wrong? No education? No skills? Lazy? Why not apply for food stamps like the rest....

That was rude and uncalled for. I worked all my life and I never made $30,000 in a year either. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2012, 03:49:01 AM »
I think Romney should offer to show the tax returns if Obama can show us were the jobs are....
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline magooch

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2012, 05:46:38 AM »
Romney absolutely should not agree to show any more tax returns than he already has.  For him to show more returns is just a stupid Dumycrat ploy to try to hang him with his own rope.  Even if everything in his returns is completely beyond reproach, that wouldn't make one little bit of difference to the Dumycrats.

What I'm saying is that Romney should call their bluff and allow the IRS to merely confirm whether, or not he has complied with the law sufficiently to satisfy his legal obligations.  There should be a price to pay for this disclosure though and that should be in the form of the loss of the bet--be it Harry, or Mitt.

I think if Romney proposed the wager in the right way, it would embarrass the hell out of Harry Reid.  Offer to donate the proceeds of the wager to a deserving charity.  And if Harry weasels out of it, Mitt should say fine and donate the million dollars anyway.  The publicity would be worth many times the million bucks and would put Harry Reid out of business. 
Swingem

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2012, 06:11:51 AM »
Your   ?s    lead   me  to  believe   you   were  not  in  the   workforce  during   Ron   Reagans  trickel  down  economics.  30k   was   good   wages,  especially   in  a   right   to  work  state.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2012, 10:51:58 AM »
Whats this Reagan "trickle down"? How does that compare to Obama's "trickle down" theory of economics?
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline powderman

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2012, 11:55:28 AM »
I think Romney should offer to show the tax returns if Obama can show us were the jobs are....

C4. China has benefitted by many jobs after obummer helped gm build new plants there and mexico has benefitted too, so have the criminal invaders thanks to the illegal kenyan and those who support him. Jobs for Americans ?? Nope. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline justme

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2012, 12:22:28 PM »

That was rude and uncalled for. I worked all my life and I never made $30,000 in a year either. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(

Not trying to be rude, was thinking more about TODAY, 30k won't get you very far these days. It was certainly a good wage in the past.

Offline highwayman

• Contributor
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2012, 01:24:17 PM »
romney should tell obama '' i will release my tax returns when you release your collage transcripes''

Offline Dee

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2012, 02:25:29 AM »
romney should tell obama '' i will release my tax returns when you release your collage transcripes''

I don't want to see his transcripts. I already know he's an idiot. I want to see his "ENROLLMENT RECORDS"!
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline mcbammer

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2012, 02:33:19 AM »
Whats this Reagan "trickle down"? How does that compare to Obama's "trickle down" theory of economics?
Definition-   Corn  is   fed  to  a  steer   ,after  the   beauracracy   of   digestion  the  birds  get  to  scratch  out  a  living  in  the   leftovers.  Obie  starves  the  steer  ,puts   the  corn  directly  into   birdfeeders.  :o :o :o

Offline powderman

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2012, 04:19:27 AM »

I don't want to see his transcripts. I already know he's an idiot. I want to see his "ENROLLMENT RECORDS"!

DEE. You mean the ones stating nationality??

MCBAMMER. Good analogy. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Offline magooch

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2012, 05:01:22 AM »
Yes, I'm sure it would be interesting to see a lot of Obama's papers, but Romney does not want to get into a peeing contest which does nothing but distract from the most important reasons he is trying to get rid of the communist.  The Dumycrats and Obama's campaign would love a tit for tat game and a chance to roll around in the mud.  They're pros at it and it would do nothing but bring Romney and Ryan down to their level.

Hopefully, there are surrogates out there who will gladly enter the fray and uncloak the most transparent communist ever (the Obamunist).
Swingem

Offline Dee

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2012, 08:53:03 AM »
Getting rid of the communist is as easy as looking at he "enrollment records".
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2012, 03:56:00 PM »

That's all he has to say & the matter will be dropped by Obama & the Media.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline magooch

« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2012, 04:21:14 AM »

That's all he has to say & the matter will be dropped by Obama & the Media.

I think you underestimate the lame stream media and the likes of the Dumycrat Party apparatchiks.
Swingem