Author Topic: question about finding custom bullets  (Read 1484 times)

Offline Jason F

• Trade Count: (261)
question about finding custom bullets
« on: August 17, 2012, 10:29:23 AM »
I have searched everywhere looking for. 379 jacketed bullets.  I was hoping one of you guys that make your own jacketed bullets could point me in the right direction of where to buy them.  Thanks jason
handi rifles- 22 mag      22 hornet    223      7mm-08      308 chip shot     30-30 x2     30-06 shorty      358 cheez whiz     357 max     35 remington     375-08    410 rifled slug     454 casull     460 s&w     45 smokeless muzzleloader x2     45-70    50 huntsman    50-70 government shikari     20 ga.ush     12 ga.ush    12 ga.3 1/2     10 ga.imp.cyl. slug gun

Offline AtlLaw

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (58)
  • A good woman, nice bike and fine guns!
Re: question about finding custom bullets
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 02:02:04 PM »
Just sent you a PM Jason.   ;)
Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute.  Currently a Gentleman of leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club

Offline talon

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 03:31:56 PM »
This is one of the bullets I make and sell. PM me if you still interested.

Offline Drilling Man

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 02:40:00 AM »
This is one of the bullets I make and sell. PM me if you still interested.

I don't see a bullet???  Where is it??

DM

Offline iiranger

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 06:43:28 AM »
No disrespect to Mr. T, but in addition, Dave Corbin, swage.com and other sites, has a directory of many, many bullet makers that lists the diameter bullets they make. (Of course he hopes they use Corbin equipment... of course.) If you visit his site and roam a bit this should come up and if you wish you could purchase the book in hard copy...

I am guessing you have a .38/55 or .38/56 from yesteryear. Great medium bores at close range. And you slugged your barrel... Years ago I had a price list from Barnes, before Fred sold out, and he had all sorts of odd diameters and several jacket thicknesses to adapt to the gun firing and the target. You might try the Barnes factory. Don't know anyone who stocks everything. LUCK. Happy trails.

Offline Rick Teal

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 12:40:32 PM »
No disrespect to Mr. T, but in addition, Dave Corbin, swage.com and other sites, has a directory of many, many bullet makers that lists the diameter bullets they make. (Of course he hopes they use Corbin equipment... of course.) If you visit his site and roam a bit this should come up and if you wish you could purchase the book in hard copy...

I am guessing you have a .38/55 or .38/56 from yesteryear. Great medium bores at close range. And you slugged your barrel... Years ago I had a price list from Barnes, before Fred sold out, and he had all sorts of odd diameters and several jacket thicknesses to adapt to the gun firing and the target. You might try the Barnes factory. Don't know anyone who stocks everything. LUCK. Happy trails.

Talon used Corbin equipment, and has been a long time customer of theirs.
Hunting is Exciting!  Bolt actions are BORING!!
Don't mix the two!