Author Topic: Unique 5 pounder  (Read 867 times)

Offline subdjoe

• Trade Count: (0)
Unique 5 pounder
« on: August 20, 2012, 05:04:46 AM »
Anyone seen any more documentation on this?

http://wesclark.com/jw/hal_3.html
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
Re: Unique 5 pounder
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 05:32:56 AM »
That might work better if the guy with the weight on his back squatted down and planted the cascabel knob in the ground; early form of Stokes mortar.
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline Artilleryman

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 05:58:15 AM »
Sounds like the story of the mountain howitzer that was fired from the back of a mule.  That didn't work out very well either.
Norm Gibson, 1st SC Vol., ACWSA

Offline KABAR2

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 01:20:37 PM »
Sounds like the story of the mountain howitzer that was fired from the back of a mule.  That didn't work out very well either.

Yes from what I remember the Indians were not impressed by the demonstration of this weapon.....
Great art work reminds me of the guy back in the 50's who had all the really wierd inventions drawn up to do simple tasks....
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline robbob

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 03:00:24 PM »
Yup.  Google "Rube Golberg Machine". Neat stuff. I have a print around somewhere that belonged to my mom I was going to have framed. My "interior consultant" put a stop to that idea. :)

Offline exlimey

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 10:34:59 AM »
Check out "Halbritters Arms through the ages" a great book on ficticious weopanry   (sp)   

Offline subdjoe

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 11:59:32 AM »
Check out "Halbritters Arms through the ages" a great book on ficticious weopanry   (sp)

I think that drawing may have been lifted from that.  Not sure though.
Your ob't & etc,
Joseph Lovell

Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 01:32:35 PM »
Guys, open the link and look at the bottom of the page; "next" will show you more drawings, and "go back" will do the same until you reach a page that informs you of their source.
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.