Author Topic: It came in today  (Read 744 times)

Offline msnden

• Trade Count: (0)
It came in today
« on: August 24, 2012, 03:37:01 PM »
20 GA H&R USH, I pick it up from my dealer today, The scope & rings should be here Monday.  Any "What to do" things I should know about?  I will keep the forum posted as things progress. I will admit I was pretty impressed when I opened the box, fit & finish appear to be very good. (I had not looked at one before I purchased) I am really looking forward to a trip to the range, (I am not looking forward to purchasing slugs, I plan on picking up a few different brands & go from there, I will start by using brands I have had luck with in other guns (which is limited) so I may have to ask the forum for advise,

Offline Ol BW

• Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
Re: It came in today
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 09:24:57 PM »
Your new 20 Ga. came with a set of motorcycle tires?   ;D  Just Kiddin'! ;D   Congrats on a great purchase!

Offline Jimbo47

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (25)
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 05:18:46 AM »
Congrats on the new gun!
Now the painful to the pocket part of finding the right slug that will shoot, and not break the bank account.
I'll throw my personal choice out there and maybe it might be a good start, and that would be the Hornady SST's.    They shoot flat and pack a punch, and don't kick bad at all.  Very accurate out of my slug gun.
My culled down Handi's are the 45-70, and then I have a few others to keep it company...357 Mag/Max. .45 LC/.454 Casull Carbine, .243 Ultra, and 20 gauge Tracker II.

Offline msnden

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 02:19:51 PM »
Your new 20 Ga. came with a set of motorcycle tires?   ;D  Just Kiddin'! ;D   Congrats on a great purchase!
I wish!!!!!!!, Thanks for the comment, msn

Offline msnden

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 02:26:01 PM »
Congrats on the new gun!
Now the painful to the pocket part of finding the right slug that will shoot, and not break the bank account.
I'll throw my personal choice out there and maybe it might be a good start, and that would be the Hornady SST's.    They shoot flat and pack a punch, and don't kick bad at all.  Very accurate out of my slug gun.
Hay Jimbo, I hear ya!!! went to the store, gives new meaning to the term "Shell Shock", I picked up a few different brands, Hornady SST's included, I couldn't find much in the line of 3" but did get one box of Federals in 3" I also picked up a lazer Bore sight tool, the scope & rings should be here in a day or two, I hope to get out and shoot towards the end of the week, Thanks for the help!! msn

Offline spikehorn

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (84)
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 06:23:40 PM »
When you find the sabot it likes to shoot you will fall in love with that USH. The best advice I was ever given was to bore sight the scope and then shoot each type of sabot for group size before you start the sight in process. Once you find what it likes to shoot, sighting in the scope will be pretty quick. My sons USH has a Bushnell Banner 1.75X4X32 and will clover leaf Buck hammers at 75 yards. (Yes I know buck hammers are discontinued I bought a whole bunch of them last year when I heard that news)
308 win                 45-70                       12ga         
30-30                    223 stainless steel   20ga TDC
44 mag                  Tracker II 20ga        20ga
45-70 Manlicher     20ga USH                28ga
                                                              410ga