Author Topic: Lifelong dems finally opening their eyes.  (Read 464 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Lifelong dems finally opening their eyes.
« on: August 25, 2012, 03:56:03 AM »
I'm a lifelong Democrat and I might vote for Romney  By Rob Taub
Published August 24, 2012
FoxNews.com    The Sunday breakfast conversation is always lively and usually about sports at the counter of the Highland’s Cafe at 85th Street and Third Avenue, in New York City.  However, this week’s talk was all about politics and also extremely animated.  The guy to my right had already struck up a conversation with another counter dweller and said: “I’ve always voted Democrat, but I’m worried about my business and Obama’s not showing me anything so I’m gonna give the other guy a chance.”
Like many disgruntled Democrats, he couldn’t utter the name Mitt Romney in public, but it was obvious who he was talking about.  The consensus at the counter was clear: forget about social issues and other Republican agendas – we are scared to death about the economy. 
The discussion focused on the fact that no one believed the federal government runs efficiently or effectively, so the idea of paying more in taxes to wasteful government agencies is like throwing gasoline on the fire instead of water.

I have conducted my own straw polls in various U.S. cities and I’ve yet to find anyone who believes our government is well run, except for President Obama.

I have conducted my own straw polls in various U.S. cities and I’ve yet to find anyone who believes our government is well run, except for President Obama.
Waste and mismanagement are the words frequently used to describe our federal government, yet I can’t recall the president ever championing or even discussing fiscal reform.  Yes, Obama established a bipartisan commission in 2010 to address fiscal reform, but it’s not part of his campaign platform, despite deficit spending surpassing more than one trillion dollars per year.
I’ve been a registered voter for 38 years and I’ve always voted Democrat, straight down the line, but I’m unhappy with out of control spending and incompetent bureaucrats who seem to have no concern or regard about how they spend my hard-earned money.
There are many others like me on the fence – a socially liberal but fiscally concerned silent minority, who are close to or have already abandoned President Obama.
So far, rather than running on issues, President Obama has disappointed me by mounting a Karl Rove-style negative campaign. 
I never thought it would happen, but for the second time in a week, I’m out in public talking about giving the other guy a chance.
Comedian Rob Taub has enjoyed an eclectic career in film, television, theater and print. For more visit his website:http://robtaub.com.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/24/im-lifelong-democrat-and-might-vote-for-romney/#ixzz24Z9gQibn
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
Re: Lifelong dems finally opening their eyes.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 09:15:40 AM »
Clearly Obama has become the exact opposite of what all the Democrats thopught he was.
He said we will have a transparient administration and has done more behind closed doors as well as sealing all records.
He said he will unify the country- all he has done is divide the country with his class warfare.
He has not lead the country in a leadership position to bring peace to the country he has made the world more dangerous by allowing china and Iran to run wild.
He gave a few trillion in the stimulis package to his contributors and supporters and did nothing for the average Democrat except saddle them with debt.
He is beholding to the green goobers that are against Drilling, Mining, refining, manufacturing, and shipping - all union jobs all middle class jobs.
As he continues to increase taxes that increases prices that hurt the poor and middle class with fewer jobs and higher prices.
The American people thought they ellected the second comming of JFK and instead got the evil love child of Jimmy Carter and Richard Nixon.  Incompitant and paranoid.

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 09:47:54 AM »
Donno, but my supervisor, a former union president, has been a democrat all of her adult life. Last week she told me she is changing her party affiliation and is going to vote Republican.

I cannot in good faith tell her that I fully approve, but it's something at least. :-\
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 12:34:12 PM »
Donno, but my supervisor, a former union president, has been a democrat all of her adult life. Last week she told me she is changing her party affiliation and is going to vote Republican.

I cannot in good faith tell her that I fully approve, but it's something at least. :-\
At least it is a start.  Both for her and for you.  8)

Offline hillbill

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 01:05:08 PM »
we will see what happens. the dummy vote in the US is still such a huge factor that i still dont feel confident about our chances.when almost 50 percent of our citizens are on the dole.i just dont see them voting against the hand that feeds them?however ther are a few dems that do work for a liviing, very few. they might see the increase in food and fuel prices and change their mind, but im not sure they are smart enuf to put 2 and 2 together.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 03:09:58 AM »
Not all democrats are waking up. The latest poll in my state shows Obama with a 14 point lead and the incumbent demo candidate for senator with a 7 point lead over his opponent although he is just an Obama lapdog. Of course if it weren't for Mississippi we would be the lowest state in everything. Per capita income, education, etc. Lots of people depending on the government handouts.

The only light in this is we have so few elector votes our impact on the election is minimal.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 03:16:42 AM »
  Although of those few in my immediate area who voted Obama in 2008, it appears as though a sizeable portion (the non-obama supporters) will be voting Republican..that doesn't mean the Reps are gaining strength here.  Most who are changing affiliation ...are going independent, and that includes some Reps..although most are Dems.
   Let's hope this signals a return to "think before you vote"..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2012, 03:58:50 AM »
Not all democrats are waking up. The latest poll in my state shows Obama with a 14 point lead and the incumbent demo candidate for senator with a 7 point lead over his opponent although he is just an Obama lapdog. Of course if it weren't for Mississippi we would be the lowest state in everything. Per capita income, education, etc. Lots of people depending on the government handouts.

The only light in this is we have so few elector votes our impact on the election is minimal.

Wow!!  Would that be NM ? Is it the Hispanic vote?
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline saddlebum

• "I ain't never been killed in my life."
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2012, 02:35:31 PM »
Former Dem Congressman Who Seconded Obama’s Nomination in 2008 Will Speak at GOP Convention

The former Alabama Democratic congressman who seconded President Barack Obama’s nomination at the Democratic National Convention in 2008 will make another convention appearance this year — with the Republicans.

Rep. Artur Davis, once described as “Obama from Alabama,” served as a Democrat in the House from 2003 to 2011. He occasionally bucked his party during that time, even voting against Obama’s signature health care overhaul. He made a failed bid for Alabama governor in 2010, then in May said he was becoming a Republican.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/former-dem-congressman-who-seconded-obamas-nomination-in-2008-to-speak-at-gop-convention/
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2012, 03:17:41 PM »
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)