Author Topic: 10 Gauge Turkey gun  (Read 810 times)

Offline Blazer.

• Trade Count: (0)
10 Gauge Turkey gun
« on: February 07, 2004, 06:12:57 PM »
Whats the average going rate for a 10 Gauge turkey gun?Wanna know seeing the government is gonna let me have some of my money back. :music:
"If your gonna be dumb,you gotta be tough."

Offline VarmintController

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
10 Gauge Turkey gun
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2004, 01:27:20 AM »
:D my local gunshop has the brand new 10ga. camo waterfowl gun for $189.95 or i thinks its the waterfowl gun, it looks like it. i did not pick it up or anything as i already have a 10ga semi for waterfowl. if that one is $189.95, then it would stand to reason that a turkey model would not be much if any more. :-D  :-D  :-D
The Proud Owner Of AMERICAN Made Guns!

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
10 Gauge Turkey gun
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2004, 08:19:31 AM »
I paid $155 for my 10GA turkey gun three years ago...You may be able to find one cheaper or not...Don't really know.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline rimfire

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
10 guage turkey
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2004, 02:05:11 PM »
Strongly recommend you consider the 12 guage version instead or some other gun.

I have seen several of these and shot one I owned for a year.  My 12 guage 870 patterned better and kicked a whole lot less.  One of the 12 guages, especially with hevi-shot, would likely pattern better than the 10 G with lead, and most assuredly kick less.

Nice to practice with your 12 with light upland loads also to confirm where it hits.  If you have a scope or adjustable sites you can site in with light field loads.  Hard to find light field loads in a 10 guage.

Good luck either way.
Be honest with yourself.  Can you guarantee you would hit a paper plate at 250 yards...100 yards...50 yards?  Then you have no business replacing the plate with a live animal.

Offline Blazer.

• Trade Count: (0)
10 Gauge Turkey gun
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2004, 03:30:45 PM »
Thanks rimfire but i forgot to mention i have a twelve and a 20 gauge.I'm still young(and dumb) and the kick is what i love about shotguns.I have never shot a 10 gauge but i would like to get one for turkey hunting.I have also read that the recoil from a 3.5 inch 12 gauge shell is more punishing than a 3.5 inch 10 gauge shell.Anymore feedback on that issue would be appreciated. :blaster:                :bye:
"If your gonna be dumb,you gotta be tough."