Author Topic: Scope help needed  (Read 546 times)

Offline msnden

• Trade Count: (0)
Scope help needed
« on: August 27, 2012, 12:11:33 PM »
I mounted my scope using DedNutz (high) rings, they are advertised as being made to fit the H&R USH, I am very happy with the fit & finish, My question has to do with the distance to get at the hammer, it is quite tight, I was hoping I would not have to use the hammer spur, I have read that it may be a cause for misfiring,anyone have any thoughts? should I go without the spur or with?  Thanks msn
It looks pretty close here, but it is not that bad

here is a better picture

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Scope help needed
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 12:20:21 PM »
I use hammer spur extensions all the time on my ~50 or so scoped H&Rs, they've never made a difference with a good hammer spring(preferably a Wolff extra power spring see FAQs), weak factory hammer springs and bad transfer bars or not pulling the trigger all the way to the rear are the biggest reasons for misfires, give it a shot or three.  ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 04:12:50 PM »
I've never had a ftf issue on my 20 ga ush. As Quick says give it a shot or 3.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline msnden

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 09:04:45 AM »
Thanks for the replies, I went to the range today, this gun is Very accurate!!  but I am going to have to move the scope more forward & use the trigger extension, it is just not comfortable with he scope setting back so far
Thanks msn

Offline spikehorn

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (84)
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 10:21:12 AM »
What are you shooting in it?
308 win                 45-70                       12ga         
30-30                    223 stainless steel   20ga TDC
44 mag                  Tracker II 20ga        20ga
45-70 Manlicher     20ga USH                28ga
                                                              410ga

Offline msnden

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 04:35:16 PM »
What are you shooting in it?
spikehorn, Thanks for the interest, I tried a variety of slugs, some shot very well, while other did not. I had purchased a lazer bore sighter which really helped getting on target, the slugs that worked the best were hornady SST, & the Federal Power shok's, The Federal Barnes Expanders worked well also, the Remington Copper solids did not shoot very well at all, I do want to try the Accu-Tips because I have such good shooting with them in my 695. I have the targets & maybe I will take pics and post them.  after the shoot I decided to adjust my scope, so I will give another report then, but I was very pleased as to how this gun shoots. Thanks again msn