Author Topic: More and more bullets for the government.....  (Read 1541 times)

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (32)
More and more bullets for the government.....
« on: August 28, 2012, 11:18:45 AM »
I cannot vouch for this website, but it makes for interesting reading.  You decide.

Ben

http://proparanoid.wordpress.com/2012/08/25/raw-numbers-prove-dhs-gearing-up-for-revolution-martial-law-or-chinese-invasion/#
Molon Labe, (King Leonidas of the Spartan Army)

Offline Mike in Virginia

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: More and more bullets for the government.....
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 11:43:03 AM »
It is interesting.  If true, I'm glad to see it.  Why should DHS not have all the ammo they can store?  The same thing goes for any American entity.  Librarians and fry cooks ought ot have it.  Brick masons and grocery clerks ought to have it.  We can't have too much ammo. 
I don't know about the website, but it's been in the news a couple of times lately about agencies that don't enforce the law stockpiling ammo.  Good grief.  They need it for the storm on the horizon.   

Offline -Shaggy-

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 02:04:27 PM »
I stopped reading when I got to this part...

"The totals and specifics of all these orders is very disturbing for many reasons. The reason most noted by others is the specification of hollow point rounds. There are a lot of misconceptions about what that means, however, so I’d like to make clear the truth. Hollow point, when jacketed with an outer hard metal coat, has only one purpose: to penetrate armor vests. When not wearing a vest, jacketed or not, it will insure a kill by ripping out literal lbs. of flesh instead of making a clean hole. A bullet hole going in, a fist-sized hole coming out if not stopped internally; no surgery can save you if hit amid the body cavity with a hollow point, presuming a clean hit at sufficiently close range, and that is why it has been illegal internationally for use by military since 1868"

What a load of crap.

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 07:47:23 PM »
my gosh what a total idiot! :P

of course i want law enforcement to
have trainloads of ammo. maybe they
can pop a few of these mexican drug
gangs with some of it. if you don't
live next door to mexico, you can't
read on a website or newspaper, or
see on television how bad these
loco idiots are. if this mess goes
unchecked too much longer, i foresee
the u.s. having to use military force
against mexico. it's very real. you
just have to see it every day to believe it.

hollow points? ? ?
how much fact-bending can someone do?
we all know h.p. ammo penetrates less. . .
did they not research this? :-\
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline Mike in Virginia

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 03:40:34 AM »
TM7,   I'm not familiar with those explosive ingredients you mention, but most large agencies LE agencies have bomb disposal units.  They can and do assemble explosives to counter those IED's too risky to take apart.  They can transport the IED to a safe locaton, or blow it where it's found.  And there are other legitimate uses of explosives by LE that are too numerous to list and probably would not be proper to post.  My point is, the general public has no idea what good and legitimate activities go on inside the military and the police, all of which is for our security and safety. 
I realize the gov't is quickly deteriorating, but until Obama completely changes it next term, it is still American operating on sound principals.  As yet, I dont' want to live somewhere else.       

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 09:21:31 AM »
Is it alot ? At one time when the war on terror was in full swing it was reported the military was shooting over a billion rounds a year. How many places in the US produce quality ammo ? in the quanity that could be needed if a crisis arose ? What if those places that produced ammo were put out of production ? There are alot of what ifs that need to be considered . Consider that it is estimated that some where around 75 million people own guns in America. What if each owned just 50 rounds of ammo for each gun they had ?  ;)
Soomer or later it might hit the surplus market  ;) and sell cheap  ;D
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 10:01:50 AM »
Someone figured somewhere on the internet, the amount of ammo DHS ordered divided by the number of agents they have and it was only about 500 rounds per agent.  I can shoot that much 22 ammo on one outing.  So they will use some to practice, and some for carry.  By dividing by the number of agents, it seems ok.  As far as hollowpoints.  That is a good one.  The military has to use fmj ammo for penetration only and no expansion.  However fmj ammo can keep going and hurt bystanders.  Maybe they are ordering hp ammo so it will not hurt a bystander behind a perpetrator.  I do know that about 2 billion 22lr shells are manufactured each year.  Wonder why? 

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 10:21:14 AM »
The military shoots thru stuff also . But it may be HP ammo is safer in the long run . I would guess those in harms way switch out ammo on a regular basis . I had friends in Viet Nam who said after one night the ammo in their machine guns was green and they switched it out and burned the old.

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 11:09:35 AM »
I stopped reading when I got to this part...

"The totals and specifics of all these orders is very disturbing for many reasons. The reason most noted by others is the specification of hollow point rounds. There are a lot of misconceptions about what that means, however, so I’d like to make clear the truth. Hollow point, when jacketed with an outer hard metal coat, has only one purpose: to penetrate armor vests. When not wearing a vest, jacketed or not, it will insure a kill by ripping out literal lbs. of flesh instead of making a clean hole. A bullet hole going in, a fist-sized hole coming out if not stopped internally; no surgery can save you if hit amid the body cavity with a hollow point, presuming a clean hit at sufficiently close range, and that is why it has been illegal internationally for use by military since 1868"

What a load of crap.
For what other reason would you imploy deadly force than to kill someone? The bullet is designed to do just that. The poor SOB is mixing up his facts rather badly FMJ to penetrate,  HP to "rip out pounds of flesh" . Geez, any gamer worth his band width could figure this out.

I'm not real enthuesed about all of these federal police we are getting. Let's assume we do need all these new boots on the ground for a moment. Does it not make sense to train them, and I would just as soon train them well as half assed. Anf finally for how long a period is this contract? Many times a contract like this will be delivered over a period of years .
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline Empty Quiver

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 05:32:00 AM »
I know my shooting habits.  I can tell you if I had only 500 rounds a year I would not be a bit happy. That is but two pretty fun trips to the range.

120k or even 60k of these officers or rather troops? What on earth is going on that these folks are earning their pay? The borders are not secure, the planes are no more safe (no more dangerous for that matter).  Are these clowns in Washington searching for the Holy Grail, I hope they can find bigfoot while out wandering around. Sounds like we now have US Army MP's patroling the continental US and to skirt the laws they wear a different uniform and different patches ::)

The need for such a force has not met my standards. I'm certainly not an authority. Though I try to believe what the Government tells me I find it more difficult every week. I am not quite looking to conspiracy yet but the incompetance beggers the imagination.
**Concealed Carry...Because when seconds count help is only minutes away**

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2012, 03:53:38 PM »
Personally I think Andy had the exact right policy, Barney got to have - A - bullet...... to keep in his shirt pocket, JIC......
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, 03:26:34 AM »
Humm did anyone see where Homeland Security just graduated their first class of FEDERAL police officers ? maybe the ammo is for them ? but their vehicles have machine gun mounts ..................

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 04:19:01 AM »
I just saw a convoy of sorts of Humvees, all painted up and with door decals that said "Federal Police".  That makes me really nervous.

Ben

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 07:10:59 AM »
states rights on the chopping block again ?

Offline Mike in Virginia

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2012, 10:40:29 AM »
Federal Police is okay with me.  They would enforce federal law.  Too many anti-gov't people who would rather not have federal laws. 

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2012, 10:56:00 AM »
Federal Police is okay with me.  They would enforce federal law.  Too many anti-gov't people who would rather not have federal laws. 

You mean like those federal laws on immigration they do wo well with?

Ben

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 01:34:51 AM »

You mean like those federal laws on immigration they do wo well with?

Ben

Lets see they have the FBI , CIA , NSA, etc etc etc . They can moblize national guards , they have border patrol and coast guard . They have the ATFE . I would guess they have stuff we don't know about yet. Why do they need more ?
The states would only lose more power .Things like Ruby Ridge etc. might not happen in some states because the state won't allow it . Yea AZ is a great example of federal law enforcement .

Offline mechanic

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 01:54:02 AM »
When the Columbine disaster happened, people were clamoring for more gun laws.  It was shown that over 18 were broken.  Would it have mattered if it were 36?  No...this was postulated by people that want to take away all firearms and lacks any measure of common sense.

With all the police we now have, why more?  You will have to forgive me if I suspect a nefarious reason.

Bush is blamed for a lot of things he shouldn't be, but this TSA and HS mess is of his beginning, and while well intentioned, I'm not so sure it was or is a good idea at all.  More and more freedoms disappearing.

Ben