Author Topic: Rachel Corrie - Martyr for peace  (Read 2843 times)

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Rachel Corrie - Martyr for peace
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2012, 09:38:16 AM »
OK numerous posts removed here due to personal attacks and name calling by the same folks that seem not to be able to post any other way. Also lots of posts edited for same reasons.

Stop the multiple message quotes and stop talking about each other. Address the issue and subject of the thread not each other or this one is going to the trash can and it's becoming clear to me some folks are itching for a ten day ban.

Try acting your age. I'm absolutely positive there are no three year olds posting here even tho you couldn't tell it from the petty bickering and name calling.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline briarpatch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2012, 09:57:56 AM »
Good intentions or not, one must be cautious when you interfear with waring nations. There is an old African saying, When elephants fight only the grass gets trampled.

Offline powderman

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2012, 02:09:41 PM »
I wonder if the thought had ever crossed her mind to camp out next to a school in Israel in an attempt to stop the missile attacks?

That would have put her on the rt side instead of the wrong. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2012, 04:12:04 PM »
  She was on the ill fated fleet that tried to run through the offensive weapons blockade..and end up in Gaza.  Then she gets into a shoving match with an armored D9..
   Some poor folks are continually making poor choices..

As an old Army tanker, I hasten to remind those not familiar with track-laying vehicles..stay very clear of them..for in any altercation between tracked vehicle and a person..the human almost always comes off 'second best'..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline powderman

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2012, 04:44:46 PM »
IG. Thanks, I thought she was one of those do gooders on the wrong side, now I remember her well. POWDERMAN.  :o :o
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline rio grande

• Trade Count: (39)
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2012, 03:52:46 AM »
  She was on the ill fated fleet that tried to run through the offensive weapons blockade..and end up in Gaza.  Then she gets into a shoving match with an armored D9..
   Some poor folks are continually making poor choices..

As an old Army tanker, I hasten to remind those not familiar with track-laying vehicles..stay very clear of them..for in any altercation between tracked vehicle and a person..the human almost always comes off 'second best'..

So...whoever has the largest impersonal machine with the poorest visibility is morally justified in running over civilians and destroying families homes?

In fairness to the unfortunate bulldozer operator, I'm sure he was just following orders and was told to proceed by his commanders, who knew unarmed protestors were present.

His commanders were blind though, in the sense they could not see right from wrong.
Let's not be like them.

(ironglow,  you made a small mistake...
 Rachel Corrie was killed in 2003.
 Gaza Flotilla was in 2010.
 Also, the Gaza Flotilla was attempting to deliver medical supplies and humanitarian aid, and not weapons.  )

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2012, 04:33:13 AM »
 Also, the Gaza Flotilla was attempting to deliver medical supplies and humanitarian aid, and not weapons.  )

No need to muddy a good screed with the truth, is there? unless, of course, one is interested in the actual truth, rather than Politically-Correct 'truth'...
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline m-g Willy

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2012, 06:09:52 AM »
[

I thought we covered this mg-willy earlier.
She opposed spiritual, civil, moral and human rights injustices.
Specifically:
Warring against peace and humanity---a serious war crime according to Int'l Law..
Illegal confiscation and theft of property, and illegal occupation.
Genocide and apartheid.
 Illegal detaining and torture of human beings.
Violence against children and families.
 Destruction of the natural environment
Violation of unalienable God given natural rights.

......TM7

Between 2001-2009 Palistinian rockets and mortars fired from the Gaza strip hitting Israel numbered over 8,600.
These attacks have been condemned by both the UN and Eu as terrorist attacks.
And Amnesty Int.  along with HUMAN RIGHTS WATCH has defined the attacks as war crimes!
It looks like Rachael was on the wrong side, if she was wanting peace for innocent people.
Like stated by another poster,,she should have camped outside of an Israeli school to protest the murder of innocent lives.

Offline m-g Willy

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2012, 06:22:05 AM »
[

Doesn't matter if they were loaded with nukes or marshmallows!
It was a legal Israeli blockade , and this was concluded after analysis by a UN report from an  investigation done by Turkey.
The whole matter was nothing but a media stunt, The New York Times reported that "at least some of the activists on the ship wanted a confrontation,,,and got one"
It would be like  me complaining about being taken down by the Secret Service,  after I make a mad rush from the crowd at obama....because I wanted to give him a flower!

Offline Nuke41

• Avid Poster
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2012, 06:39:03 AM »
So...whoever has the largest impersonal machine with the poorest visibility is morally justified in running over civilians and destroying families homes?

That's a superb description of the old Reforger exercises in Germany during the Cold War.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2012, 02:06:15 PM »

No need to muddy a good screed with the truth, is there? unless, of course, one is interested in the actual truth, rather than Politically-Correct 'truth'...
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  My mistake..I misread the article..she was not actually aboard the provocation fleet..  She did however, belong to the same terrorist organization which was aboard that fleet.  That organization is the ISM ( International Solidarity Movement).. which is composed primarily of a mob of malcontents from around the world..bent on causing trouble and being used by the PLO & Hamas.  Here is a website where you can scroll down to a photo of the actual event;  http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57501420/rachel-corrie-u.s-activist-killed-by-israel-bulldozer-brought-it-upon-herself-court-says/
      This is in a "war zone" during a very dangerous time (during the 2nd intifada), where civilians from 5,000 miles should should  have known better than to cavort.  The grade path being worked upon by the dozer is very clear and showing signs of extensive work..ANYBODY should have known not to get in the way, nor to take on a D9 in it's own domain.

Her death is indeed a tragedy..just as was that high school kid a couple days ago, who stuck his head up out of a double-decker bus..just as the bus slipped under an overpass.  Tragic, but a silly, childish trick...in both cases.. but nobody's fault but their own.
  Palliwood is happy to use the foreign suicide suckers, knowing full well that when one of them commits hari-kari, the news agencies trump it even further.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2012, 02:20:24 PM »
  The whole contention of this thread is ridiculous.." MARTYR FOR PEACE"... :o   HAH!..
I think it would be best for "fair & balanced" if we got..."the rest of the story"  as Paul Harvey used to say.  So, here is the rest of the story: http://www.israelnewsagency.com/rachelcorrieismislamicterrorismjihadisraeldemocracycourtrulingaccidentwhitewashprpropagandatoolhamassyriairan090112.html

Below, see an earlier photo of Rachel Corrie and her Palestinian cohorts, practicing their "peace activism" exercises; that's her..on the right..

Offline m-g Willy

« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2012, 03:31:23 PM »
  The whole contention of this thread is ridiculous.." MARTYR FOR PEACE"... :o   HAH!..
I think it would be best for "fair & balanced" if we got..."the rest of the story"  as Paul Harvey used to say.  So, here is the rest of the story: http://www.israelnewsagency.com/rachelcorrieismislamicterrorismjihadisraeldemocracycourtrulingaccidentwhitewashprpropagandatoolhamassyriairan090112.html

Below, see an earlier photo of Rachel Corrie and her Palestinian cohorts, practicing their "peace activism" exercises; that's her..on the right..

And to think some would want to make a martyr out of someone that should in reality had a bounty put on her head.
I think we should be thanking the dozer driver after reading this info.
Thanks for taking the time to find the truth IG.

Offline powderman

« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2012, 03:35:48 PM »
And to think some would want to make a martyr out of someone that should in reality had a bounty put on her head.
I think we should be thanking the dozer driver after reading this info.
Thanks for taking the time to find the truth IG.

YEP. Agreed Sir. She was one of the occupiers, certainly not an innocent bystander. POWDERMAN.  :o :o

Offline saddlebum

• "I ain't never been killed in my life."
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2012, 06:24:34 PM »
Looks like there is more than just "melodramatic retoric" being spouted off here......LIES!
The dozer was "leveling the ground" and not leveling houses in a "refugee camp".
Not a house in site in that picture either.
And nothing says "peaceful protester" like an AK47.  ;)
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2012, 12:40:57 AM »
  "There are tyhree kinds of lies; lies, lies and damned lies."   (Benjamin Disraeli)

We have already been given the whole story from the Leftist/Marxist point of view.  In the interest of "fair & Balanced"..it is only being honest that we get the opposing view.  If Rachel was a martyr, she was a martyr for her parents, who allowed her to attend a radical school. She is a sacrifice to a school that preaches division, struggle and hatred..Here is "the rest of her story" fromm the other side;
  http://www.jewishpress.com/news/on-campus/rachel-corrie-and-evergreen-state/2012/09/02/

She was a martyr alright; a martyr who sacrificed herself for a population who has for 4,000 years, never desired peaceful co-existence; not even among themselves..
  In Genesis, the foundation book of the Bible, God makes this prophecy:

11The angel of the Lord also said to her:
“You are now with child
and you will have a son.
You shall name him Ishmael,a
for the Lord has heard of your misery.
12He will be a wild donkey of a man;
his hand will be against everyone
and everyone’s hand against him,
and he will live in hostility
towardb all his brothers.”  (Genesis 16:11,12)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2012, 02:48:08 PM »
  www.jewishpress.com  is just as "fair and balanced' as the original link which Rio grande cited.  As I stated ..the link was to provide balance to to counter the link Rio Grande provided.  But thanks for making the folks here aware of a place to go where they can get "the rest of the story".
  Then you go and make this statement..
  " Personally for me, however, I can't see how firing rockets into your own property and state is attacking isreal, but is repelling occupiers on your land. Do keep in mind that isreal can never declare the properties they confiscated as nation of isreal 1) as that would infer the residents would have a vote; and 2) isreal only expands by constant conflict and genocide."
*********************************************************************************************
    That really shows your unfamiliarity with the geography and history of the area.  You also failed to mention that those "palestinians' firing rockets on the inhabitants of Israel, are for the most part..a made up people dredged from Egypt, Syria, lebanon and primarily Jordan. You have swallowed the "paliprop"..palestinian propaganda.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2012, 03:05:51 PM »
   TM says;
  " Fact is Ms. Corrie was a member of ISM, International Soldiarity Movement, an agency (co-created by isreali and palestinian peace activist) that is always malaligned by zionist, firster war party, and also by  Palestinian militants, too.  Their methods were always peaceful resistance along the lines of Jesus, Ghandi. MLK, etc"

Yeah!  lots of "peaceful resistance" here..

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2012, 06:04:20 AM »

This is not a picture of Rachel Corrie from isrealnewsagency.com.... ::) ...blow it up and study the face recognition. In fact, that women is wearing traditonal jewish 'settler' garb.  The photo appears to be zio-loyalist BS and propaganda. Zio-loyalists are capable of saying, doing and fabricating anything to justify homocide, genocide, theft, indecency, and chaos.
 Meanwhile, here is the 'settler' response to the ISM Christians who petition for peace...so you know what your dealing with:
.....TM7

.'Jesus is a monkey' daubed on Jerusalem monastery wall
.Menahem Kahana / AFP - Getty ImagesA Trappist monk stands between graffiti reading in Hebrew, "Jesus is a monkey" (L) and "mutual guarantee, Ramat Migron and Maoz Ester" (West Bank settlements) (R), which was sprayed on the wall of the Latrun Monastery between Jerusalem and Tel Aviv on Tuesday after unknown people set the monastery's door ablaze.By NBC News' Alastair Jamieson and wire reportsHebrew graffiti, including the phrase "Jesus is a monkey," was daubed on the walls of a monastery near Jerusalem early Tuesday in what police suspect was a so-called 'Price Tag' attack by right-wing, pro-settler extremists, according to reports.
Vandals torched the wooden door of the Latrun Monastery and spray-painted the graffiti on the holy site's stone walls, Israeli police said.

"Police have opened a special investigation into the incident," Israeli police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld said.
Israeli security officials had expressed concern about possible acts of retribution by a suspected settler vigilante campaign known as 'Price Tag' for Sunday's court-ordered eviction of 50 families from Migron, a settler site near the West Bank city of Ramallah. Police believe the incident was part of the campaign, the Times of Israel and the Jerusalem Post reported.
Rosenfeld said "Migron" and the words "Jesus is a monkey" were among the phrases scrawled at the monastery, which is located inside Israel but not far from the occupied West Bank.

Follow @NBCNewsWorld 'Price Tag' incidents are so-called because the extremists believe their attacks are extracting a price from Palestinians for their action in evicting settlers.
Jerusalem Post reporter Melanie Lidman posted pictures of the graffiti on Twitter.
She reported that, following the evacuation of Migron on Sunday, Judea and Samaria District police commander Amos Yaakov said: "I assume that there will be an increase in 'Price Tag' incidents, and we have carried out preparations for this."
The attack happened at around 3:30 a.m. local time Tuesday (8:30 p.m. ET Monday) and was quickly discovered by monks, who notified police, she reported.
PhotoBlog: A ballet class in Gaza
The report added that the monastery was a way station for pilgrims on their way from Jaffa to Jerusalem in the 19th century, and that the current building was built in 1890.
Reuters contributed to this report
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Of course, using TM's own logic, that grafitti could well be a "false flag" attack by palis..hoping to anger Christians against Jews..  Even still, one can find a kook in any culture..even 2 or 3 ..if we look hard enough..
   Besides, that "Jesus is a monkey" crap is about on par with what we Christians often get from the radical left here in the U.S...crucifixes in vats of urine..a supposed picture of Mary with elephant dung on it...and often paid for by tax money and sponsored in public museums..   SO, WHAT ELSE IS NEW?
   We rarely see a time when seemingly an entire population rejoices over 3,000 people being incinerated in just one morning, as these palestinians are doing upon hearing of the mass murders committed by their brothers on 9/11/01...
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrM0dAFsZ8k    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vOJCQr1Now&feature=related

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2012, 09:00:10 AM »
Nice try at dismissal again IG, but the Grafitti crime was investigated and solved as a 'price tag' crime by vindictive illegal settlers.. Just hard to blame everything on the Palies sometimes..
Your diversion to 'radical libber' trashing of Christian symbols is noted,,,probably the same tribe that trashed the monastery in Jerusalem...except Jerusalem is in the Holy Land and a monastery was trashed....not some LA or NYC art gallery. But do note that trashing of other people's race, creed, religion is alive and well--often surfacing in threads like this one, and around these forums. Sorry to say you're a leader in that.
Do note that the first target of the zionist colonials was to target the Palestinian Christians for removal as these people would be first to stand up for justice and decency, when Christians use to stand up for justice and decency....not any more in this country apparently.
Here's some trashing of people Rachel Corrie was against, but you defend..
Israel Uses Palestinians for Target Practice
http://www.globalresearch.ca/israel-uses-palestinians-for-target-practice/
written by Stephen Lendman, a jew.

..........TM7

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

TM says..Israelis use palestinians for target practice..

... but They only do this after;
  The palestinians use Israelis for bombing practice

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2012, 09:07:15 AM »
sorta like our southern border ? but they fight back !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2012, 03:07:12 AM »
Mr. IG...given your penchance towards human warfare, I suggest if your home was bulldozed, property stolen, your grandson's arm broken, your granddaughter forced to give birth on a street corner checkpoint, your whole family malnourished, towns bombarded with pornography daily, schools destroyed, sewage dumped in your neighborhood, snipers shooting kids, everybody in your family traumatized, and a genocidal-apartheid enforced...I suggest you would be among the first of the volunteer rocketeers hammering together a few ineffective rockets to launch at your tormentors; even if they just served as little more than distress flares.
Now lets get down to the nitty gritty.....the real meaning of what's going on.. As a zionist loyalist and a judaeo-christian, please tell us what religion does not actively seek converts and why.  Thank you.
..TM7
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If my immediate neighbors were suicide bombing, rocket attacking, and otherwise provoking the people the other side of the fence, I would first take it up with my neighbors.  Once my immediate neighbors stopped their antagonistic attitudes toward other countries and people; then perhaps the folks on the other side of the fence won't have to strike back.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2012, 03:36:04 AM »
Now lets get down to the nitty gritty.....the real meaning of what's going on.. As a zionist loyalist and a
judaeo-christian, please tell us what religion does not actively seek converts and why.  Thank you
I expect an answer to this most important question.....thanx
....Well IG?
.......TM7
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

OK TM: ..here's the answer to your "most important" question..even though it is not germaine the the subject at hand.

There are numerous religions which do little or no evangelism.  Buddhism, Hinduism, Judaism and Shintoism along with others, fit into this group.  THe Jews differ slightly from the others mentioned, in that tere is an active & concerted evangelism taking place among numerous Jews.
     As described in the Christian Bible, the Jews will more and more, be recognizing just who Jesus is!  THere is a brisk evangelism going on among Messianic Jews..just as the Christian Bible says.  Prophecy is proving itself..it ought to, since it is the word of God..! 
    Evangelism is alive and well in the Christian and Jewish commmunities!   http://www.jewsforjesus.org/   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messianic_Judaism

The Ishmaelites STILL have no clue as to whom Jesus is...
**********************************************************************************

It's only fair that I pose you a question in return..

Of the major religions, only one is making conversions at the point of a gun or the edge of a beheading blade..
...........Which religion still utilizes this barbaric, 7th century practice?

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2012, 04:03:27 AM »
Here's a suggestion! Why don't the two of you just PM each other, and spare the rest of us the nit pickin lil barbs you two love to hurl at each other. That way, you can really say what's on your mind without being hassled by a MOd or Adm. ;)
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2012, 04:06:47 AM »
  Sorry NW..I did inquire as to how his question was germain to the thread..
   ..But still,  should not have allowed myself to be derailed from the topic at hand.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2012, 06:28:32 AM »
Here's a suggestion! Why don't the two of you just PM each other, and spare the rest of us the nit pickin lil barbs you two love to hurl at each other. That way, you can really say what's on your mind without being hassled by a MOd or Adm. ;)

Well...........it would be a bit more boring if all of that is done via PM.................right??
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2012, 02:42:40 AM »

Well...........it would be a bit more boring if all of that is done via PM.................right??
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NW's warning didn't seem to faze TM at all..he continues on trying to kill this thread.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2012, 05:18:38 PM »

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NW's warning didn't seem to faze TM at all..he continues on trying to kill this thread.
 How is explaining what Rachel Corrie understood and was homocided for...trying to kill the thread.?
You can only supress and obscure history, truth, facts, and this stuff for so long.....and it certainly doesn't appear if Christ was around today that he would be a loyalist enabler to modern day Pharisees, does it?
....TM7
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Talk to NW about that.. if you want to debate the theological points (posts 63, 64 & 67) and he doesn't care, I will rejoin you in the discussion.  Till then it looks like at least I am shut down from doing so.