Author Topic: Photos of Golf ball cannon I swapped for photos  (Read 924 times)

Offline one thumb short

• Trade Count: (0)
Photos of Golf ball cannon I swapped for photos
« on: September 01, 2012, 05:02:34 AM »
Hi I have a friend that is going to post photos for me since I am not a computer savey person to post pics of my new gb cannon..hope you like them ,I will add statement about it from the questions I will get or look at my other post as I described it.One thumb short  Thanks for looking

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Re: Photos of Golf ball cannon I swapped for photos
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 04:01:03 AM »
Show us more detail of the breech.

Offline one thumb short

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 09:09:10 AM »
Double D you do not know how hard it was to get thes pics on this post.the breech is the end of the theaded barrel,then the cap is threaded on the barrel ,1'1/2 inch of fine thread.There is a powder chamber in the cap ,willnot be able to post pics as I am running out of favors ,as I do not or cannot post pics computer nerd.I put measurements on other link to swap for gb cannon.one thumb short

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 10:55:13 AM »
Double D you do not know how hard it was to get thes pics on this post.the breech is the end of the theaded barrel,then the cap is threaded on the barrel ,1'1/2 inch of fine thread.There is a powder chamber in the cap ,willnot be able to post pics as I am running out of favors ,as I do not or cannot post pics computer nerd.I put measurements on other link to swap for gb cannon.one thumb short

Posting pictures here is very simple.   Complete instruction can be found here. http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,3460.html

Offline dominick

• GBO Sponsor
  • Trade Count: (21)
    • Black Powder Cannons & Mortars
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 12:45:41 PM »
Nice cannon.  I see race car part there on the mount.  Roll cage tubing and seat belt tabs. Brings back memories. :)

Offline one thumb short

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 02:01:27 PM »
Double D I know it is easy to you I have a hard time putting on photobucket to post it I have a lady friend help me last time ,this time I had a member of the forum help.I do not like asking for help but I just have a problem figureing it out.Some people know how to swim some do not and cannot get the hang of it.The ones who swim love it and do it allthe time,sorry,easy for you not me.
    Dominick Good eyes the machinist I go it from was working for a guy who has a contract with Yamaha for proto type quads and motorcycle parts and my friend made them for him a long with this cannon and a couple others.The reason I got interested in the cannon is the way it looks and the machine work and we have been friend for 30 yrs .I am a retired machinst when I first started in the 60.s his dad was my shop formman and then my friend married my hot rod buddy,s sister.Small world .I just won a bid on some cast iron wheels to put on it.Hope it looks alright.one thumb short

Offline one thumb short

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 10:30:18 AM »
UPDATE ON GOLF BALL CANNON.SIZE OF GOLF BALLS
  I stil have not shot my golf ball cannon  or my bronze cannon.I am getting close,still have been doing research .My golf ball cannon has a bore of 1.687 and as my picture shows the golf ball is just about the same size.I was told to bore my barrel tp 1.70 to 1.72.I started research on golf balls, I went to a dealer of used golfballs and ask is I could measure them .He said sure,I found what they call canyon balls or recycled balls found in lakes ,canyons,they send them to a recycler to clean to clean size remove abrasions and stains.Then sell them as practice balls.I also found out golf balls made before 1980 ,the size was 1.62 as are some of the recycled balls.After 1980 they are 1.68 standard.
    When talking about my cannon on this forum I was told to increase my windage which I had to look up and it told me that is clearence ,which I understand as a machinist.It is a pretty envolved job to rebore my barrel.So for any one who has the same problem,as I found barrels with the same bore as mine 1.687 being sold buy manufactures for sale.I found out to get WINDAGE ,I found these under size golf balls to shoot in my cannon with correct clearance and I bought 150 balls for $5.00 dollars .I do not care what happens to them ,I am not goin out to look for them just shoot them and  have fun.It is in my opinion this is a better and cheaper than reboring my barrel.Hopes this helps people that have a golf ball cannon or are going to build a golf ball cannon.
   One thumb short