Author Topic: First alcohol brewed in the whitehouse by obama, another first.  (Read 894 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
First alcohol brewed in the whitehouse by obama, another first.
« on: September 01, 2012, 01:15:40 PM »
http://www.whas11.com/home/White-House-releases--168276036.html

Something Brewing at the White House by Ed Henry | September 01, 2012

Aug. 14, 2012: President Obama stops for a beer at The Pump House in Iowa.
Aug. 14, 2012: President Obama stops for a beer at The Pump House in Iowa.  URBANDALE, Iowa -- The citizens' campaign to demand release of the official White House beer recipe started here last month when President Obama attended the Iowa State Fair and bought a round of brews for some supporters who started shouting "Four More Beers" and let slip that he has his own special brew at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.
So it was only natural that as Obama made his third trip to this same battleground in the last three weeks, the White House chose this day to reveal on its blog the recipes for White House Honey Brown Ale and a Honey Porter.
As the blog -- titled "Ale to the Chief" -- noted, "With public excitement about White House beer fermenting such a buzz, we decided we better hop right to it."
Online petitions had been demanding light-heartedly that the White House show some "transparency" and reveal all.
White House officials now say the president bought a home brewing kit for the kitchen and tasked the White House kitchen team with trying to come up with a new brew. They say the White House Honey Brown Ale is the first alcohol brewed or distilled on the White House grounds. (George Washington brewed beer and distilled whiskey at Mount Vernon across the Potomac River in Virginia and Thomas Jefferson made wine down at his Monticello estate).
On tap now is a third flavor -- Honey Blonde -- that was just added this summer.
All three brews use honey from the first ever bee hive on the South Lawn, which is part of First Lady Michelle Obama's special garden at the White House to promote healthy eating.
Beer, unfortunately for many, is not usually considered health food.
And around the Internet, some critics are having a field day with the White House focus on beer.
Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, took to Twitter to say sarcastically "inquiring minds want to know" about the recipe.
In response to @JohnCornyn, @walt_gilbert Tweeted: "Any chance we'll see a recipe for economic recovery from the president anytime soon?"

Read more: http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2012/09/01/something-brewing-white-house#ixzz25GLxEuMb
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline boomerralph

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Re: First alcohol brewed in the whitehouse by obama, another first.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 02:40:22 PM »
It has been reported that he is stocking his campaign bus with his homebrew.  I wonder hw much they make a year.  The legal limit is 100 gallons per person per year with a 200 gallon maximum.  Oh wait, it's obummer...laws don't apply to him ;D
Ralph M. Reese
St. Augustine, FL

Offline P.A. Myers

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (65)
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 07:02:42 PM »
See, no one is all bad.      Mao kept a flower garden, Hochiminh was a chef, Hitler a painter. Carter could press a sheet. There is often a faint glimmer of light in the darkness.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty -
never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense”
 Winston Churchill

Offline powderman

ALE to the chief.
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 03:55:18 AM »
Calling all ale lovers: White House releases beer recipe  Calling all ale lovers: White House releases beer recipe Calling all ale lovers: White House releases beer recipe by Associated Press  WHAS11.com Posted on September 1, 2012 at 6:09 PM      WASHINGTON (AP) -- Beer lovers, the secret is out.  The White House has made public the recipe for two homemade beers that have become an object of fascination for beer drinkers everywhere.

White House Honey Brown Ale, believed to be the first beer brewed on the White House grounds, includes light malt extract, amber crystal malt, honey, gypsum, yeast and corn sugar.

The recipe was released Saturday while President Barack Obama was campaigning in Iowa.

Obama has been talking about the White House brew for weeks, but he and other officials had refused to disclose details of how it's made, despite an online petition and repeated questions from reporters. Obama even took a question on the beer recipe during a chat with the website Reddit.

Obama and his team frequently talk about the president's fondness for beer, and Obama has been photographed many times downing a beer, including an appearance at the Iowa State Fair last month.

Being identified as a beer drinker is an easy way for Obama to connect with voters and serves as a not-so-subtle reminder that his Republican rival Mitt Romney, a Mormon, doesn't drink.

Obama even held a "beer summit" after a white police sergeant arrested black Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates as he tried to get into his own home.

White House press secretary Jay Carney announced the beer recipe on Twitter, linking to a blog post entitled "Ale to the Chief" that included a video on the brewing process. The White House was careful to say the president paid for the materials used in the beer-making himself.

"With public excitement about White House beer fermenting such a buzz, we decided we better hop right to it" and release the recipe, wrote White House chef Sam Kass, who brews the beer in the White House kitchen.

The White House included recipes for both the honey ale and a honey porter, both of which are brewed at the White House.

In the video, Kass is seen drinking the honey ale.

"That is one incredible beer if I do say so myself," Kass says, smiling. "America, I wish everybody could taste this but we don't quite brew enough."
Click for White House beer recipes.
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline saddlebum

• "I ain't never been killed in my life."
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 11:23:48 AM »
Michelle Obama:
“For the First Time in My Adult Lifetime, I’m Really Proud of My Country”
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 12:41:54 AM »
No one could throw a party like Andrew Jackson however:

Jackson was the first President to invite the public to attend the White House ball honoring his first inauguration. Many poor people came to the inaugural ball in their homemade clothes. The crowd became so large that Jackson's guards could not keep them out of the White House, which became so crowded with people that dishes and decorative pieces inside were eventually broken. Some people stood on good chairs in muddied boots just to get a look at the President. The crowd had become so wild that the attendants poured punch in tubs and put it on the White House lawn to lure people outside. Jackson's raucous populism earned him the nickname "King Mob".
GuzziJohn

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 03:56:00 AM »
Jackson's raucous populism earned him the nickname "King Mob".

Figgers!!!!!! He was another democrat. ::) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 04:04:42 AM »
 ;D   True enough. Back then they had no problem with guns.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 04:23:34 AM »
The records of George Washington state he made booze and made sure he had enough on election day to help with the vote. I have been told it is on display at his home.
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline magooch

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 04:24:05 AM »
So Obama has turned our White House into a brewery--as if we needed another reason to get rid of this riffraff.
Swingem

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 04:27:20 AM »
better than a crack house like other public housing has become .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline saddlebum

• "I ain't never been killed in my life."
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 04:52:02 AM »
No one could throw a party like Andrew Jackson however:

Jackson was the first President to invite the public to attend the White House ball honoring his first inauguration. Many poor people came to the inaugural ball in their homemade clothes. The crowd became so large that Jackson's guards could not keep them out of the White House, which became so crowded with people that dishes and decorative pieces inside were eventually broken. Some people stood on good chairs in muddied boots just to get a look at the President. The crowd had become so wild that the attendants poured punch in tubs and put it on the White House lawn to lure people outside. Jackson's raucous populism earned him the nickname "King Mob".
GuzziJohn

Jackson wasn't very popular with the Indians. I never heard about Jackson being such a party animal. I thought he was most famous for the "ethnic cleansing" of the Indians and the Battle of New Orleans. And dum-dum me thought his nickname was Old Hickory. Thanks for the history lesson.
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2012, 05:43:40 AM »
So Obama has turned our White House into a brewery--as if we needed another reason to get rid of this riffraff.

what the hell is wrong with some home-brewed beer? I'd call it a plus - not as big a plus as installing and indoor range in the basement, but a plus...

Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2012, 05:02:14 PM »
There is already enough to dislike about Obama's failed leadership without getting worked up over a beer recipe. Who cares if he brews beer? I certainly dont.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline powderman

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2012, 05:09:52 PM »
There is already enough to dislike about Obama's failed leadership without getting worked up over a beer recipe. Who cares if he brews beer? I certainly dont.

HEH. He might actually do something right. I believe he actually put the job onto his staff though. POWDERMAN.  ;) ;)

Offline sidewinder319

• A Real Regular
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2012, 06:04:48 PM »
Maybe nothing wrong. But if Bush had done this the Libs would have gone crazy. It would have been protect the children, Mad Mothers would have marched on DC.

Offline lakota

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2012, 05:20:57 AM »
Yes you are right. If this was anyone but a democrat btewing beer in the White House it would have been a mortal sin and there would be endless crying and screaming from the mouth pieces of the left.
 Instead of getting twisted over this lets just make sure this self centered joker has plenty of time for home brewing starting in January.

Hi NSA! Can you see how many fingers I am holding up?

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2012, 05:29:44 AM »
Just more of the disrespect he shows for the position he holds.
If any other recent president has done this I have not heard of it, but if they have then they were wrong also!
He is nothing more then a piece of trash in my view!!!

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2012, 06:22:23 AM »
Doesn't Joe Biden have a meth lab?
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2012, 06:36:15 AM »
Jackson was the president who ordered all Indians east of the Mississippi to Oklahoma.  The Cherokee were the largest tribe.  The Cherokee, Choctaw, Seminole, Creek, and Chickasaw in the south had to move.  All had adaped white mans farming methods and had adapted to our culture.  Even the supreme court ruled that Jackon couldn't force them to move.  He ignored the supreme court and said "let them form their own army and stop me".  He used the Army to remove them.  Sad, as many were marrying whites in this area, lots of mixed children.   

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2012, 06:42:42 AM »
Sounds like the Obamas are on  a "back to the land " kick.  Michelle tending a beehive and Barry with his homebrew. I actually think having hives near the White House garden so visiting  kids can learn about pollination,etc. is kinda neat, but I  wonder how rewarding a hobby can be if you hire someone else to do it for you. I have a funny feeling I'll never know.

Offline P.A. Myers

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (65)
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2012, 04:45:46 PM »
'africanized' bees ?
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty -
never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense”
 Winston Churchill

Offline ferg7909

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2012, 05:08:31 PM »
After listning to the first night of the DNC maybe I could get a sip of that brew. If we get 4 more years maybe I can use the food stamps to get the supplies to make my own brew.

Offline powderman

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2012, 05:38:25 PM »
Can anybody here picture michelle with a bee suit on, smoker in hand, getting honey from the hive for obummers beer?? POWDERMAN.  ;) ;)