Author Topic: Barrel stubbing?  (Read 477 times)

Offline SEK_22Hornet

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Barrel stubbing?
« on: September 02, 2012, 08:45:26 AM »
Looking at a possible stub job on my Handi - I came up with a new take off 7.62 x 39 barrel with sights from a
cz527  bolt action.  I don't have any donor barrels for the stub - anyone have any suggestions on where I might find something cheaper than sending the rifle in and having a new barrel fit, just to turn around and cut it up?  The barrel came off of fleabay -  there are still a couple more listed if anyone else is looking for something like this (search for CZ527 barrel).

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
Re: Barrel stubbing?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 09:35:29 AM »
You may have some luck at pawn shops or gun shops , used handi shotguns can sometimes be found cheap , for that matter even a new one from Wally world could be parted out and some of your money re-coup'ed .

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline SEK_22Hornet

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Barrel stubbing?
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 03:07:03 AM »
I hit the Pawn shops a couple weeks a go and saw a few shotguns - some in pretty sorry shape that I would have considered using as parts guns, but the shops all thought they were worth a lot more that I did.  I actually found the best price on a couple nice shotguns at a gun shop in Joplin (he had a couple new combo's on the shelf for a decent price as well).  Another shop there has several 45-70's, one at a decent price (it needed some TLC) but was pretty high on the shotguns.  I just hate to part out a nice gun.  I guess that is one reason I like the idea of using a monoblock, like Pineycreek22 is looking at.