Author Topic: Romney's party yacht flies the Cayman Island flag, no USA flag.  (Read 1985 times)

Offline guzzijohn

• Trade Count: (0)
Romney's party yacht flies the Cayman Island flag, no USA flag.
« on: September 03, 2012, 01:19:20 AM »
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/romney-party-yacht-flies-cayman-islands-flag/story?id=17105028#.UESQ03h4Epr

I can just hear the wailing and carrying on from members of this board if this was Obama instead of Romney.
GuzziJohn

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
Re: Romney's party yacht flies the Cayman Island flag, no USA flag.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 03:42:40 AM »
When that stupid luxury tax went into effect, rich folks went off-shore to buy their yachts.
you can blame a democrat congress and an unwise republican president.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 04:02:22 AM »
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline magooch

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 04:35:13 AM »
One has to do what he can to escape the clutches of the tax obsessed Dumycrats.
Swingem

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 04:35:17 AM »
   Very first line in the article:

Gov. Mitt Romney's campaign toasted its top donors Wednesday aboard a 150-foot yacht flying the flag of the Cayman Islands.

It LATER refers to it as a "version of the civil ensign", but the very first line misidentifies it. ::)

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline two-blocked

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 04:54:05 AM »
Mormon Party Yacht?  Oxymoron?   ???

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 05:46:06 AM »
 ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
 ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Who CARES?
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline two-blocked

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 07:47:08 AM »
Q: How do you stop a Mormon from drinking all your beer on a fishing trip?

A: Bring another Mormon.

Offline powderman

Not Romneys yacht, he was a guest.
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 10:09:17 AM »
Registered in the Caymans, and flying a version of the Caymans' "civil ensign" or merchant flag, the Cracker Bay has an impressive art collection and can seat 30 for dinner.
The Cracker Bay is owned by Gary Morse, developer of the Villages retirement community. Companies controlled by Morse gave nearly $1 million to the pro-Romney Restore Our Future superPAC.

As a guest should he tell his host what flag to fly?? POWDERMAN.  ::) ::)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Dee

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 11:05:16 AM »
This is what is commonly called the "silly season" of the election year. It to me is, the stupid, nit pickin, season. This is one of the dirtiest elections that I, in my 63 years can remember. People called liars, when they aren't, and accused of things so far fetched not even a three year old would buy.
Romney, Gingrich, Santorum, Perry, all goin at each other with lies, was both disgusting and shameless.
Now Romney playing the victim, and Obama, doin what Chicago politicians do best. Lie!
About the only thing that would bring all this back to a more civil process, is possibly bring back dueling, although I doubt today's politician would have the nerve to actually back what they said about each other with their life.
It would however be more interesting, and would slowly weed the drigs out, leaving fewer to hang, and a possible revival of the "true stateman".

Offline SwampThing762

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 06:25:36 PM »
So what if the yacht bears the flag of the Cayman Islands.  Many luxury cruise ships have a Panama registration, and Obama's birth certificate lists Kenya as the place of birth.  Big deal.     

ST762
We learned the true nature of Islam on 11 Sept 2001.

Show your appreciation for Islam....eat more bacon.

"Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam." (Not to us Lord, not us, but to your name give the glory)  -- Knights Templar motto

Offline yellowtail3

• Oh father of the four winds, fill my sails!
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2012, 01:20:02 AM »
Guzzi has it right... if this were Obama, the Peanut Gallery would be wailing about how he's too ashamed of America to fly the US flag, and that this was another in a long line of offenses against America.

...and the Cayman Islands aren't even Muslim lands!!!
Jesus said we should treat other as we'd want to be treated... and he didn't qualify that by their party affiliation, race, or even if they're of diff religion.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2012, 01:26:13 AM »
I have been on several crusis with lots of Americans and not one time was it on a ship of American Reg. go figure !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2012, 02:41:29 AM »
I agree with Dee on this one. In almost 40 years of voting, this one is turning into the dirtiest,tell a lie campaign, I can remember. Romney certainly wasn't my first choice, but, it looks like that's who is going against O. Both sides are nitpicking everything. IMO, will not matter which one of these yeahoo's gets elected, crap is going to hit the fan. gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline flintlock

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2012, 03:07:29 AM »
I'm glad Romney is smart enough to make enough money to have a yacht...It shows that he has a good head for business and that is what we need....

What qualifications did Obama have???

Offline Dee

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2012, 03:08:30 AM »
This is where America is collectively. An argument over a flag on a privately owned boat. When I think it can't sink any lower on values and priorities, I get proven wrong, with still yet another minuscule, non-event bit of worthless trivia.
These two guys, (Romney & Obama) don't even deserve the attention I would give an ant crawlin across the side walk, but here we are, with the two sides doin verbal battle over a damn flag on a boat in another country.
The reason Obama is president, and the reason Romney is a candidate for replacing Obama is just this sort of thing. This website, and hundreds of others, are filled with forums concerning political issues, and candidates, most of which are not even worth discussion.
I guess the ones that confuse me the most, are the ones that claim they want change, but continually vote the same way, over and over, and condemn the voters that actually do change their priorities, for voting alternative candidates. They claim the others are wasting their vote, but we get the same damn mess every year, yet these ones wanting change yet voting the same, claim to be right in their thinking. How can that be?
What everyone needs to understand is, a very immoral man, can "claim" to be a Christian, and a very moral man can "not necessarily" be a Christian. Now I use this example to make a point. Both Obama, and Romney, have PROVEN to the voting public that scruples, honesty, and character have very little value in the winning of this election. BOTH! Yes BOTH, have proven that, to get where they are today. BOTH, have slaughtered the competition to win.
Does anyone here really believe that either candidate will "save you", from your worst fears of the what the other might do, in regards to your freedoms? Or is this flag issue something that you prefer to sink your beliefs of either candidate in, "as to whom they really are"? You have all, once again, MISSED YOUR CHANCE FOR CHANGE. Just sit back, and enjoy the "same ole, same ole". It is what America "collectively deserves". The "same ole, same ole voters", after all chose the candidates.

Offline gstewart44

• Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2012, 04:11:32 AM »
Guzzi - Your Subject line in your OP is false.....it IS NOT Romney's  yacht.......  just the facts ma'am.....
I'm just tryin' to keep everything in balance, Woodrow. You do more work than you got to, so it's my obligation to do less. (Gus McCrae)

Offline Dee

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2012, 04:38:53 AM »
No! But we can say it's his yacht, and then debate the importance of the flag on it can't we?

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2012, 04:41:47 AM »
Really , hey we are the LAST super power and these are the best we can vote on ?

Offline Dee

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2012, 04:44:51 AM »
I believe I can legitimately say: I rest my case concerning my comments in post # 17.

Offline Dee

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2012, 04:46:45 AM »
Let's debate what Obama feeds his dog next. I think it will reveal his true character. Or did he eat the dog? ::)

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2012, 04:47:27 AM »
I believe I can legitimately say: I rest my case concerning my comments in post # 17.

that was agreement !

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2012, 08:23:11 AM »
So what does the flag matter ? Maybe it was an early start on world relations  ;)  The important thing is he didn't bow to anyone !

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2012, 08:34:14 AM »
I would imagine most on here, perhaps all have worked to make money and have sought more money through different avenues, starting a business, overtime, investing, inheirtance etc.
Now when and if these sought after finances should work and you find yourself with wealth, who do you ask how you should spend it? Perhaps seek out those that stand around pissing and moaning becasue they dont or cant have what you have made? Do you ask the collective, a vast majority of people. Do you ask the clown and his cohorts? Or, forgive me, spend it the way you want and try to keep as much as you can through the laws that have been established by our corrupt gov?
This thread is a non issue as far as I can see but to some it is life and hope. How sad.

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2012, 09:44:49 AM »

I really couldn't give a rat's butt about the yacht thing itself. The purpose of my OP was to point out the many here would have torn into Obama under the same circumstances.
GuzziJohn

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2012, 09:52:12 AM »
How can you say that ? the tow exist under different circumstances so how could it be the same?

Offline briarpatch

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2012, 02:23:09 PM »
That clown dont need no yacht for me know what he is. Every time he opens his puppet mouth to spout his lies I know what he is.

Offline Dee

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2012, 12:32:39 PM »
This thread gets goofier by the minute. ::)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2012, 01:46:36 PM »
Nixon had a big boat too, and it flew a Bahamian flag.  No one cared.  Bet the Kennedy's yachts don't all have American Flags either.  Has anyone walked around the docks in Southern Florida lately?  Not Miami where it is all commercialized, but the smaller docking areas where the rich folks keep their boats.

Hay it's a tax dodge, but when you over tax the people they do what ever they can to avoid the over taxation.  I don't live in Virginia, North Carolina, California, or any of the lower 48 states because the taxes are too high.  Yea, I'm dodging taxes.  Why should I pay state income taxes, luxuary taxes, sales taxes, or any other tax I don't have to.  I only pay, Federal Income taxes, period.  I and the wife have disabled plates with no charge.  Oh we do have a property tax, but we also have an exemption for Disabled Vets 50% or greater.  We also have a $50.00 per year vehicle tax, but there is an exemption for Disabled people.   The wife and I both meet those requirements.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2012, 12:52:16 AM »
I and the wife have disabled plates with no charge.  Oh we do have a property tax, but we also have an exemption for Disabled Vets 50% or greater.  We also have a $50.00 per year vehicle tax, but there is an exemption for Disabled people.   The wife and I both meet those requirements.

Eletetist scum! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

(my wife is physically handicapped and she has tags in our vehicles. Actually had someone come to headquarters to complain one day when I drove to work and parked in a regular spot......"that's taking up spaces for us regular people!"........... ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D )