Author Topic: Romney's party yacht flies the Cayman Island flag, no USA flag.  (Read 1982 times)

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Romney's party yacht flies the Cayman Island flag, no USA flag.
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2012, 02:05:45 AM »
Help me out here. I've always been a little slow. As near as I can figure Romney was on a yacht which was owned by someone else that was flying a flag other than that of the good ole U.S. of A. that the original poster could care less about?

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2012, 03:02:55 AM »
Pretty much is a wasted analogy, because it doesn't fit the topic. This goofy little nit pickin thread, about a flag on a boat, in another country, and trying to twist it into a picture of someones character, is like a bunch of teenage girls not likin the new girl, because she dresses better. Therefore, she must be stuck up.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline guzzijohn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2012, 03:37:21 AM »
Quote from Dee:
"Pretty much is a wasted analogy, because it doesn't fit the topic. This goofy little nit pickin thread, about a flag on a boat, in another country, and trying to twist it into a picture of someones character, is like a bunch of teenage girls not likin the new girl, because she dresses better. Therefore, she must be stuck up."
[/size][/color]
[/size]Dee, I don't think you have figured out what the topic is. The topic is not the boat or flag itself, the topic is that if this had been Obama instead of Romney many here would be tearing Obama up for one, running around on a yacht, and two, for not displaying an American flag. [/color]
[/size]GuzziJohn[/color]

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2012, 04:00:51 AM »
 Tell biased ABC to get their "stories" straight...  #1  Bermudian flag...#2 Cayman Islands flag..

Those zealots in the alphabet networks will do anything.. ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline jhm

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2012, 06:18:47 AM »
     There isnt a SINGLE person posting about Mitt taking advantage of the TAX deductions that dont do so themselves, I have a acct. who gets paid to research the tax laws so I dont have to pay anymore than I have to, from what I am reading most of the crying is just a bunch of JEALOUS people who wish they were in Mitts position financally!!!   Jim

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2012, 09:09:06 AM »
Quote from Dee:
"Pretty much is a wasted analogy, because it doesn't fit the topic. This goofy little nit pickin thread, about a flag on a boat, in another country, and trying to twist it into a picture of someones character, is like a bunch of teenage girls not likin the new girl, because she dresses better. Therefore, she must be stuck up."

Dee, I don't think you have figured out what the topic is. The topic is not the boat or flag itself, the topic is that if this had been Obama instead of Romney many here would be tearing Obama up for one, running around on a yacht, and two, for not displaying an American flag.
GuzziJohn

Actually Guzzi, I am max aware of what the topic is here. It's more meaningless, and absolutely useless info, that is drug in to an election that has nothing to do with the election itself, or the problems of the nation. It's guys like you hollerin: Looky here, Looky here. If this were Obama you guys would be screamin to high heaven. Instead it's you and others screamin to high heaven about a damn boat, with a flag on it, that only you and a bunch of other liberals care about. Your whinnin just as much as the Republicans do, and doin exactly what you say the Republicans do. I'm tempted not to let ya'll play together for two weeks, and call your mothers and tell them how ya'll all are actin, unless ya'll all kiss and make up. ::)
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2012, 10:37:00 AM »
Guzzi says;
  " Dee, I don't think you have figured out what the topic is. The topic is not the boat or flag itself, the topic is that if this had been Obama instead of Romney many here would be tearing Obama up for one, running around on a yacht, and two, for not displaying an American flag"
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Now, that's interesting Guzzi;  I don't recall ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, or PMS-NBC say a word about B Hussein's disrespect for the flag..with his "crotch salute"..  Fact is, I don't recall any of the alphabet networks even so much as mentioning round the world..bow & kiss tour..  I cannot vouch for the accuracy of the pics featuring "fast food" mavens.. ;)   ;D
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2012, 10:50:17 AM »
Obummer does have a propensity for bowing doesn't he? Must be some kind of inferiorty complex or something!

However we duly note that he did NOT bow to The Queen of England on his visit there....a Christian of course. ::)
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2012, 11:03:02 AM »
Guzzi has it right... if this were Obama, the Peanut Gallery would be wailing about how he's too ashamed of America to fly the US flag, and that this was another in a long line of offenses against America.

...and the Cayman Islands aren't even Muslim lands!!!
YT - Isn't there a maritime custom regarding the flying of certain "courtesy" flags when entering a foreign port?  Especially if the "custom" is law in the port being entered.  I see this on cruise ships, that are registered in a particular country (ex. Malta), when entering a foreign port (Rome, Italy), they fly a different flag.  This may account for the different flag on the boat. 
A example of this is when you drive a rental car in Arizona, that has New York plates, and your a California resident.  Where you reside has nothing to do with the registration (flag being flown).  Maybe it's a bad analogy, but I'm not versed in Maritime custom.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2012, 12:32:56 AM »
Obummer does have a propensity for bowing doesn't he? Must be some kind of inferiorty complex or something!

However we duly note that he did NOT bow to The Queen of England on his visit there....a Christian of course. ::)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Part of the plan Cuts;
         Remember when the messiah shipped the bust of Winston Churchill back?  An intentional slap at "imperial England'..
  The White House has a "chief of protocol'..in fact the diplomatic corps has many protocol advisers which they can consult at any time.  They are there to prevent our representatives from making mistakes concerning other cultures, and normally brief our people when travelling.  No excuse for failing in that regard.
  Then he bows and scrapes for a Muslim potentate, while michelle "handles" the queen.  Now, most of us have little special regard for royalty, but unless one has been living under a rock all their life..even we "peons" know the custom of a couple thousand years, that people do not handle the royals without their express permission.
   Frankly, touching gthe queen must have been an "in your face" to the Brits..  One of the "dreams from his father" was to get even with the British..you can figure it out..

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2012, 05:32:05 PM »
OSR...that is true. Maritime etiquette  says when you are in port you should fly the hosts port country ensign or flag after passing quarrantine (yellow banner), but this banner is flown forward and on the starboard of the vessel. Also to fly flags or ensigns of the 'guest' on board. The aft and stern position is reserved for the vessels flag or civil ensign for the vessels place of documentaion or registry.  The vessel in Post#1 appears to be of Cayman's registry.
.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IG....from my knowledge 'bowing' is age old asian tradition....to acknowledge the 'godhead' in your company or hosts. Not saying I approve of BHO deep bowing if those pics are real. However, it might  compare more favorably to Bush Jr. walking arm in arm holding hands with King of Saud.
..TM7
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Whatever bush did several years ago is old history and we can do nothing about it at this point.  Obama however, is asking to take the helm for 4 more years..  Pretty hard to deny that deep "bow & scrape"..
     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEUif1--r38