Author Topic: Ron Paul on the great enabler.  (Read 224 times)

Offline Gary G

• Trade Count: (0)
Ron Paul on the great enabler.
« on: September 04, 2012, 12:17:34 PM »
The Federal Reserve is the enabler of the leviathan government. Until this is solved there is no hope for smaller government. Ron Paul is the teacher. All who love this land need to be students.
I have read Mises, Hayek, and Rothbard, but Paul can explain it is a way that all can understand. Those that think of him as sometimes kooky have not learned the important lessons of economics and lack his understanding. Sorry, but it is true. I was once one of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehh77k0rgPs&feature=player_embedded

The sole purpose of government is to protect your liberty. The Constitution is not to restrict the people, but to restrict government.  Ron Paul

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

“Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State. They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone.” — Frederic Bastiat

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: Ron Paul on the great enabler.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 04:02:57 PM »
The Federal Reserve is the enabler of the leviathan government. Until this is solved there is no hope for smaller government. Ron Paul is the teacher. All who love this land need to be students.
I have read Mises, Hayek, and Rothbard, but Paul can explain it is a way that all can understand. Those that think of him as sometimes kooky have not learned the important lessons of economics and lack his understanding. Sorry, but it is true. I was once one of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehh77k0rgPs&feature=player_embedded

Many of us were!Not enough...............................................YET ;)
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline twoshooter

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Remember the Starfish......
Re: Ron Paul on the great enabler.
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 04:20:12 PM »
I have been a fan of Dr Paul for many years. I have come to realize that there is NO argument that can be convincing in politics to all people. This is emotionally driven by the doctrine and support of various groups. These individuals draw their identity, their perceived self-worth, the meaning and validation of their lives from the support and approval of these groups. I can not blame them for the tenacity with which they support their respective groups, to change would be to negate and invalidate all they hold to be true and worthwhile. I know whence you came, I also used to think that if I could cite the right example, construct the right argument, that I could persuade "reasonable" people to see things my way. Not so. We do not start from the same premise, nor accept the same proofs, nor have the same goals. Perhaps a non-aggression treaty is the best we can hope for. If not, well , we cross bridges as we come to them. It will be interesting at least.
1000 years ago Men KNEW the Earth was the center of the Universe.....500 years ago Men KNEW the world was flat....... 15 minutes ago you KNEW man was alone in the universe.... Just IMAGINE what we will know tomorrow !! "K"- from Men in Black.