Author Topic: First Lady's False Fairy Tale of Struggle  (Read 444 times)

Offline saddlebum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • "I ain't never been killed in my life."
First Lady's False Fairy Tale of Struggle
« on: September 05, 2012, 05:43:44 AM »
First Lady Michelle Obama’s pitch to voters last night relied on the premise that she and her husband understand what it is to struggle to make ends meet. She spoke movingly about their early years--about how a young Barack Obama drove a car that was “rusted out" and found his furniture “in a dumpster,” how they both came from families that had to “scrape by.” Her fairy tale--however well-delivered--was one great, big, colorful lie.

Both Michelle Robinson and Barack Obama began their adult lives with a leg up on the rest of America. They attended elite schools: Michelle went to Whitney Young, the public magnet school for Chicago’s upper class, while Barack attended Punahou, the private prep school for the top stratum of Hawaiian society. They were accepted to Ivy League schools despite undistinguished credentials, and both attended Harvard Law School.

More at,
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/09/05/Fact-Check-Michelle-Obama-s-False-Fairy-Tale-of-Struggle
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
Re: First Lady's False Fairy Tale of Struggle
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 06:07:34 AM »
magnet schools- a concept poorly understood by buffoons at Breinfart
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline tobster

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 08:16:26 AM »
She claimed Barry's good  shoes were 1/2 size too small, his car had holes in the floorboards so you could see the pavement,and his prize possesion was a coffee table he retrieved from a dumpster.

Offline m-g Willy

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 09:04:18 AM »
She also said that their monthly school loan payments exceded their monthly income.
More proof that obama has no idea what a budget is.
He has always thought  living in the red and just keep spending is the way to go.

Offline saddlebum

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 10:53:51 AM »
The basic premise of Mrs. Obama's speech--that she and her husband had struggled economically like so many other Americans--is false. Not only did they enjoy many advantages that others do not, but CNS News reports that Barack Obama inherited half a million dollars in stock from his grandmother, a bank vice president who Michelle misleadingly cited as a victim of gender discrimination.

Michelle: Bank Sex-Discriminated Against Barack’s Grandmom;
Tax Returns: Barack Inherited $480,908 in Bank's Stock from Bank's VP (His Grandmom)
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/michelle-bank-sex-discriminated-against-barack-s-grandmom-tax-returns-barack-inherited

These fibs are not new for the Obama camp. The UK Daily Mail reported during the 2008 campaign that Michelle Obama has benefited from vast exaggerations of her "working-class origins," substituting a humble single-room residence for what was in fact a middle-class home, and obscuring the fact that her family shared in the spoils from the Democratic Party's regime of (segregated) patronage in Richard Daley's Chicago.

Many of the details the First Lady revealed of the Obama's purported struggles were previously unknown. They would certainly have been available to the Obamas for use in speeches and campaign propaganda four years ago, if true. Yet many of them were mysteriously revealed to the public for the first time at the DNC.

If Barack Obama was an impoverished student, for example, it would certainly have been news to his friends, who included rich Pakistani socialites. He dabbled in recreational drugs such as cocaine--hardly a cheap thrill--and traveled to Indonesia and Pakistan while still at college. Barack Obama is known to have a penchant for exaggeration, having embellished much of his memoir; it seems that tendency is shared by his wife as well.
" FIREARMS STAND NEXT IN IMPORTANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. THEY ARE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE'S LIBERTY TEETH AND KEYSTONE UNDER INDEPENDENCE."       George Washington

“OUR CONSTITUTION WAS MADE ONLY FOR A MORAL AND RELIGIOUS PEOPLE. IT IS WHOLLY INADEQUATE TO THE GOVERNMENT OF ANY OTHER."           John Adams

Offline kynardsj

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (54)
  • Sweet Home Alabama
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 11:01:15 AM »
One liar married to another liar.
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die the world cries and you rejoice.

Offline garbhead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
  • A Real Regular
  • For every Goliath, there is a stone.
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 11:21:24 AM »
Wondering how many critics of her speech actually listened to it personally? Probably none...I didn't.
Just easier to repeat criticisms made by pundit rags....that's part of the problem in the country today..let's let the "smarter" people do all of our thinking for us...HaHa
12g shortie w/chokes,Tamer .410,12g "Buck" slug gun w/20g extra barrel, 12g smooth bore tracker I, 45/410 w/22vp matched set, 7mm-08, .308 20",

my avatar pic is my 1960 Rambler I bought in 1972 for $175..6 banger 3-on-the-tree...drove it for 5 yrs  22mpg.. was "hot-rodding" (LOL) one night...tore out 1st/reverse gear. Drove it that way for 2 yrs(with no reverse and only 2nd and high)  Had to really plan ahead when parking.
sold it for $125
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.--Mark Twain

Politicians should only be allowed one term in office, then one term in jail.

Offline crustylicious

• A Real Regular
  • Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional!
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 11:29:21 AM »
Take the time to read the referenced article and think about the dates of the facts presented.  :o ??? ??? He got the money in 2008 when his grandmother died.  It  wasn't there when he was growing up or going to college. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and the wiser people so full of doubts." Bertrand Russell
"The speaking in perpetual hyperbole is comely in nothing but love" Francis Bacon, Sr.
Voting is like driving a car- choose (D) to go forward- choose (R) to go backwards!
When all think alike, no one thinks very much. Albert Einstein

Offline lgm270

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 12:08:16 PM »
Both of the Obama's are grifters....just like the Clintons. 

Offline m-g Willy

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 12:54:23 PM »
Wondering how many critics of her speech actually listened to it personally? Probably none...I didn't.
Just easier to repeat criticisms made by pundit rags....that's part of the problem in the country today..let's let the "smarter" people do all of our thinking for us...HaHa
I did.

Offline saddlebum

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 01:38:46 PM »
Take the time to read the referenced article and think about the dates of the facts presented.  :o ??? ??? He got the money in 2008 when his grandmother died.  It  wasn't there when he was growing up or going to college. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

His poor mistreated, "discriminated against" grandma who worked in a bank according to Mrs. Obama, turns out to be the Vice President of the bank and could afford to leave Obama almost half a million later in his life. That is just the amount she left Obama. Not how much she was worth. It's not about when Obama recieved the inherantance, it's about Mrs. O describing grandma as if she, (and Obama), were struggling and being discriminated against when she was actually a bank Vice President. That pays quite well, I understand. That would perhaps explain how Obama could afford an ivy league school, nice houses, and expensive vacations overseas while still in college. Especially when he never had a real job that anyone can point to. Grandma and Grandpa had the cash. I always wondered how Obama did so well when he has been represented as someone who was a poor reject of his delinquent parents. And how his mother was able to be a globe-trotter. Not a socialite, but a globe-trotter none the less. Mrs. O was dishonest and misleading in her statements about their "struggles" in an effort to make an emotional attachment to voters.

Or maybe grandma hit the lottery just before her death................. ;)

Offline hillbill

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 01:57:16 PM »
the bad part about the fairy tale she spouted is that it seems a majority of americans, hopefully at this point a shrinking majority, believe it and every other thing that comes out of them.

id have to say id be pretty surprised if either one of them ever produced one drop of sweat in a work related activity.not that any other politicians are much better.

the romneys seem the more honest of the group, well at least they have never been caught in a bald faced lie that i know of? i think mitt used his brains to the best of his ability to get where he is at. just as i would if i had any. he did inherit millions if not mistaken but gave it all to charity. what did obama do with his?

Offline powderman

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2012, 03:25:10 PM »
 Michelle Obama's Speech: 'I' or 'Me' 83 Times  9/5/12
If you ever wanted to know what shameless self promotion looks like, just watch Michelle Obama's 2012 DNC speech.

She said the words "I" and "Me" 83 times. In a 25 minute speech, that comes out to be once every 18 seconds.
Shameless self promoter!
From the Whitehouse Dossier:

In her address to the Democratic Convention Tuesday evening, First Lady Michelle Obama used the words “I” or “me” 83 times, an average of more than three self-references a minute during her 25 minute speech.

The emphasis on herself is of note not only because of the strikingly personal nature of the speech, but because of the remarkable suggestion by the first lady that her political views and those of her husband arise much from their own experiences than a reasoned assessment of policies and facts.
The Dossier points out, however, that even Ann Romney self indulged a bit. But she only referred to herself 60 times.
Read more at http://www.reagancoalition.com/articles/2012/20120905004-michelle-speech.html#0fjI5I3e6dCJ5dhF.99
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm