Author Topic: dnc star speakers mom said Alamo defenders were drunks and crooks.  (Read 1424 times)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: dnc star speakers mom said Alamo defenders were drunks and crooks.
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2012, 03:08:06 AM »
Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas.

Sam Houston,
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline oldandslow

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2012, 05:56:35 AM »
Yes, Texas had some unsavory characters as residents back then and still does to this day. I'm sure that some were among those that fought and died at the Alamo. Whatever their individual reputations no one can take away the fact that each was an exceptionally brave individual to do what they did. How many that detract from their bravery and determination  would have the guts to do what they did if faced with the same choices?

Even though I don't reside in Texas anymore I'm entitled to comment because I was born and raised there and that makes me a Texan until I die. I still own property there and reside only 18 miles from the state line so it's easy to return to my "roots".

Offline Dee

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2012, 06:05:17 AM »
Crossin into New Mexico ain't that much difference from West Texas. ;)

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2012, 07:14:55 AM »
That's true. Flat and dry--------and hot. But it's a dry heat.  8)

One reason I live across the line is that I have thousands upon thousands of acres of public land to prowl around in instead of being a trespasser if I get off the road right of way or the side walk. That and property taxes are much lower.

Offline Dee

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2012, 07:16:39 AM »
Got a couple of friends over there that are 5th generation ranchers. They have been after my son and I to come and deer hunt.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2012, 07:41:32 AM »

Might be a good year. These were standing beside the road about 100 yards west of the entrance to the NRA Whittington Center yesterday morning as I passed by on my round about way home. Totally unafraid and still standing right there when I drove off.

Offline dwalk

• A Real Regular
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2012, 12:46:42 PM »
i've been a resident of Texas twice...at ft hood...once with my dad as a dependent right after WWII and once as a soldier after coming back from the war in VN.

the Alamo is steeped in lore and history...much of which has been clouded by history and those such as are the subject of this thread.

yes mexico is a result of the spainards conquering the Meso American Indians, a FACT most Hispanics blatantly ignore...why don't they pursue RETURNING mexico to the Indians they took it from?

what if the defenders of the Alamo were drunks and crooks? i had many senior NCO's that were HERO's from WWII & Korea that did their share of drinking.

if these people are so dissatisfied with life in current day Texas, or the United States, why don't they re-locate to where they would feel better about themselves and their cause? china, cuba, kenya, egypt, etc...i'm sure they'd feel much better in that environment.

being a "Civil rights activist" does NOT make one correct; more than likely, it makes one BIASED, OPINIONATED AND CLOSED MINDED.
don't squat while wearing your spurs...will rogers

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2012, 01:44:56 PM »
i've been a resident of Texas twice...at ft hood...once with my dad as a dependent right after WWII and once as a soldier after coming back from the war in VN.

the Alamo is steeped in lore and history...much of which has been clouded by history and those such as are the subject of this thread.

yes mexico is a result of the spainards conquering the Meso American Indians, a FACT most Hispanics blatantly ignore...why don't they pursue RETURNING mexico to the Indians they took it from?

what if the defenders of the Alamo were drunks and crooks? i had many senior NCO's that were HERO's from WWII & Korea that did their share of drinking.

if these people are so dissatisfied with life in current day Texas, or the United States, why don't they re-locate to where they would feel better about themselves and their cause? china, cuba, kenya, egypt, etc...i'm sure they'd feel much better in that environment.

being a "Civil rights activist" does NOT make one correct; more than likely, it makes one BIASED, OPINIONATED AND CLOSED MINDED.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Dwalk;

Exactly!!  ..You are right on!
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)