Author Topic: Problem with Young Campers  (Read 1091 times)

Offline mardrobe

• Trade Count: (0)
Problem with Young Campers
« on: September 09, 2012, 05:48:11 AM »
I was hunting for Elk with a muzzle loader in a river drainage which had Elk.  During the Afternoon a group of Teenagers moved in and set up camp.  At 15 minutes before sunset they opened up with so many guns it sounded like a war, and continued until the end of legal shooting time.  I think they were purposely trying to disrupt the hunting and guess they succeeded as any Elk in the valley would have left the area.  There were several out of state hunters who had travelled long distances at high expense to hunt.  I did not have cell phone coverage, but saw two Forest service vehicles heading into the area so hopefully they were caught.   

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
Re: Problem with Young Campers
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 02:02:29 PM »
That's the trouble with Public Lands.  GW's can only do so much.  Perhaps the GW will convince them to go elsewhere and the Elk will return.

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 02:46:01 PM »
last year on the opening day of general
season, by 10 am some folks down the
way started shooting handguns, and kept
it up for right at 2 hours. between that and
the atvs, there was loud noise all day.

oh, and these were folks my age. i guess
they don't get out very much. i know some
younger folks that have more courtesy than
some older folks do.

they're everywhere, of every age and background.
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 04:01:10 PM »
2 years in a row...you need to move to a quieter/deeper part of the Pubic Land AND call the LEO for next year's opener.  He could fill his quota on the first day if you show him when and where...

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 01:52:38 AM »
A couple years back i had a group from out of the area come in and set up a camper about a 1/2 mile from my deer stand. They didnt do much hunting, mostly partying. It sometimes sounded like there stereo speaker was right behind my blind. It was intirely rude but they did nothing illegal so what was i to do. I asked them nicely one day and they about laughed me away. I came back the next day with a 44 mag on my belt and a differnt attitude and they did listen. All i asked was that they keep it down during hunting hours. I think when i left the second time they thought i was some kind of crazy moutain man and its scared them into submission. After that they even waved to me when i was comming out of the woods. So put on some ratty clothes, grow your hair and beard long. Strap on a handgun and sling an ar over your back and crawl  up there through the grass with a crazed look in your eye. Tell them your a war vet and everytime you hear more then 3 shots in a one minute period you have flashbacks and black out.  :o
blue lives matter

Offline pastorp

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 12:24:47 AM »
Might work Lloyd, unless their war vets with flashbacks themselves.  :o

Regards,
Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE