Author Topic: Half cock messed up.  (Read 566 times)

Offline r29l20

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (26)
  • A Real Regular
Half cock messed up.
« on: September 09, 2012, 03:30:33 PM »
I took the gun apart to clean it and now the half cock has no click and will fire when I pull the trigger. I have to push the trigger forward to get it to work. Any help ?

Offline r29l20

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
Re: Half cock messed up.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 04:38:58 PM »
I just needed to put some lube on the trigger and sear. :-[ 

Offline Ranger99

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 04:40:29 PM »
hey. . .that's a good deal.
better than something being broke.
18 MINUTES.  . . . . . .

Offline Hellgate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 06:19:50 AM »
Lubing may just do it but check the condition of the trigger/bolt spring, it may be beginning to crack or break. The trigger should return to its proper positions with the aid of a good spring. I'm still thinking there is/was something else going on other than needing lube on the sear. That sounds just too easy. Maybe your tearing it down cleared off some hangup/burr/metal fragment or something interfering with the operation.
Gun control=OSHA for criminals

Hellgate
SASS#3302
DGB#29
NRA Life

Offline r29l20

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 07:20:11 AM »
Lubing may just do it but check the condition of the trigger/bolt spring, it may be beginning to crack or break. The trigger should return to its proper positions with the aid of a good spring. I'm still thinking there is/was something else going on other than needing lube on the sear. That sounds just too easy. Maybe your tearing it down cleared off some hangup/burr/metal fragment or something interfering with the operation.

It's a new gun, it worked fine before I shot it. Then when I took it apart to clean it, I "lightly" oiled everything and put it back together. I had it apart alot tring to figure out what was wrong, checked and rechecked everything. I hope that's all it is, fingers crossed. :)

Offline r29l20

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 11:35:56 AM »
I also had to adjust the hand spring, cause the cylinder was free spinning. I'm getting real cozy with this gun. ;D