Author Topic: Firefield Scopes  (Read 482 times)

Offline goodconcretecolor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Firefield Scopes
« on: September 10, 2012, 11:08:13 AM »
Has anyone tried Firefield scopes? Some interesting products with intrigueing features and attractive prices.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Firefield Scopes
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 11:16:22 AM »
Can't say I'll be trying one,  a non-transferrable 3yr warranty doesn't inspire me to try one.  :-\

Tim

http://www.fire-field.com/content/firefield-warranty
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Huffmanite

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 01:36:00 PM »
Gent I shoot with fairly often at range tried a firefield scope because of its low price and he wanted a high power scope for 400-600 yd target shooting.  I've viewed thru the scope ( a 10-40 power I think) at a 100 yd target and our 200 yd berm.  Optics were decent to my old eyes....but nothing to brag about.   About 2 weeks later, guy will show up with an $1800 Nightforce scope on the same rifle.  LOL, what happened to the firefield, I asked him.  He explained there was a problem with screw in its elevation turret that needed to be removed to reset it to zero....some kind of problem with its threads.  Now I've noticed the Firefield on another one of his rifles and it seems to do ok for his 100-200  yd target shooting.

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 01:46:49 AM »
there decent opticaly but ive had more problems with scope breakage with burris scopes then all the others combined. (including cheap brands) I dont know if they had some bad years of manufacturing or if its just par for the course. Only one i have right now is a fullfield two that i got from cameraland when they were closing them out. I couldnt pass for what they were asking for them. Its held up fine so far and is on a 300 wby mag so its not babied.
blue lives matter