Author Topic: In HONOR of TROPICO  (Read 1000 times)

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
In HONOR of TROPICO
« on: September 19, 2012, 10:16:46 AM »

In HONOR of TROPICO

Today is International Talk like a Pirate Day

Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline KABAR2

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: In HONOR of TROPICO
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 11:53:36 AM »
  :D  O.k. .... I'll do my part..... Avast thar ye son's of a ships monkey! Thar be yer prize! man the guns! Arrrrgh!
 ::)  o.k. I did my part for talk like a Pirate day........
Mr president I do not cling to either my gun or my Bible.... my gun is holstered on my side so I may carry my Bible and quote from it!

Sed tamen sal petrae LURO VOPO CAN UTRIET sulphuris; et sic facies tonituum et coruscationem si scias artficium

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 12:00:25 PM »
Good show, Allen!

Tropico has a wonderful collection of photos on his facebook page.

Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline Div Arty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 02:32:28 PM »
You want Arrrrgh!!  Here is Arrrgh!!!!

Offline BoomLover

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 02:33:48 PM »
Avast, ye scruvy son's of a sea hag...we must butcher ye old Kings English at the least on this day, Talk Like A Pirate Day, in Honor of our Ship Mate, Tropico...He be the one that had the most in the way of Piratin' here on this here Captain's Log...and his treasure trove is located under the X on his Facebook Page...He and his Mates manning their cannon's, laying down a Devilish Fire, the likes which took the Masts and rigging out of any Fool brave enough to venture into the same waters as he and his motley crew! Aye, I have lifted my Eye Patch for a gander at those pics myself before, and highly suggest ye do the same, Mateys!
"Beware the Enemy With-in, for these are perilous times! Those who promise to protect and defend our Constitution, but do neither, should be evicted from public office in disgrace!

Offline Tropico

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
    • Tropico Beach
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 09:04:02 PM »
Yarrrrrrrr ., Ahoy there mateys . This was my first cannon ., acquired back in 91" . Finally we have located it from the wreckage. Its time we're fittin it with a new truck. Feast yer eyes me hearties.

Offline oltom

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 01:58:40 AM »

aaaarrrrrrghhhhh............................
"MORE booze!"

Offline tombegood

• Avid Poster
  • Kaboom!
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 09:12:38 PM »
Hard a port! Starboard oars my mateys!

Offline Tropico

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
    • Tropico Beach
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 11:15:58 PM »
A couple of more refurbished guns ., the cannon we were building the truck for still needs a few things ., and an old wild imports I had bought some years back got a paint job ...,YARRRR!!!!!

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 06:32:52 AM »
Hey Rich, you did better than I did, because my first cannon was around 7-inches long, and wasn't meant to be fired; a design flaw that I soon corrected, BTW.

Is that barrel steel or iron?
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.

Offline Tropico

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
    • Tropico Beach
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 03:06:05 AM »
Cannoneer .,This particular cannon was made for me long ago by a company from Chehalis Washington ., called , Quali-Cast. They did alot of government work. 20% nickel ., 80% stainless . I have fired this one many times before the forum existed ., as in before I had a better idea of what not to do. I run much lighter loads now for a long time. And with many of my cannons I feel better doing that and have never had a problem. All of my cannons I got after being a board member ..., except this one. I am very surprised at how ignorant and lucky I have been. With that said ., this is my favorite and most trusted gun. It doesnt take BIG loads today ., but speaking of that ., lets just say its been proofed., a few times . No bulging ., no rust ., no pitting ., nothing.., perfect since the day it was bored.  That was two days of  slow turning and  horrible screaming ., and many times sharpening the bit.

Offline Cannoneer

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2012, 07:29:28 PM »
Thanks Rich, it was the trunnions that made me think it was cast, although I suppose they could have been welded and ground. Clover is another outfit that casts steel cannon and mortars.
RIP John. While on vacation July 4th 2013 in northern Wisconsin, he was ATVing with family and pulled ahead of everyone and took off at break-neck speed without a helmet. He lost control.....hit a tree....and the tree won.  He died instantly.

The one thing that you can almost always rely on research leading to, is more research.