Author Topic: ?????? BERSA ?????  (Read 720 times)

Offline whitecloud

• Trade Count: (0)
?????? BERSA ?????
« on: February 09, 2004, 04:35:37 AM »
who has comments on the Bersa line of semi autos? Was looking at a bersa thunder >380 lite.Wanting a nice little compact for ccw.price is right at $ 200.00 plus I have a $50.00 off coupon making it $150.

specs: 23 oz/ 9 shot/ 3 dot site. unfamilar with this line,needing some input.

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Bersas
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 07:11:05 AM »
whitecloud:  there were a number of posts on the Bersa Pistols a while back and they were all very positive.  Double/single Walther style action.  Postivie and reliable.  Those who have them love them and some were thinking about another for their wives.  At the price you quoted I think you have found a good deal.  I would get it.  HTH.  Mikey.

Offline Squirrelsaurus Rex

• Avid Poster
?????? BERSA ?????
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2004, 07:14:21 AM »
I've never used one, but the 2004 Gun Buyer's Annual has an article about 5 compacts, one of them is the MiniFireStorm by Bersa.  It's a 9mm, the compact version of the Thunder 9.  I don't know if it's the same design as the .380.  It's ambidextrous, reversible magazine catch, 10-round mag, external hammer, selective SA and DA, manual safety, integral overtravel stop on the rear of the trigger,  aluminum alloy frame, polymer grips and mag floorplate, everything else is steel.  The article didn't say much else, except that it's good quality and accurate in SA.  Hope this is of some help.  This is the website that was listed in the article:

http://firestorm-sgs.com/
Squooshy... the other white meat.

Offline whitecloud

?????? BERSA ?????
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2004, 10:28:35 AM »
hey guys this deal is available at GANDER MOUNTAIN.I suppose every where.I got a perferred customer add in the mail. Thanks for the info

Offline bconway84

?????? BERSA ?????
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2004, 02:46:18 AM »
:D  :D Have one of 380 Thunder Deluxe models and it is a really good pistol. So far have put about 500 rounds through it and the only problem encountered was with the extended clip that holds 9 rounds. It at times maybe 1 out of 4 clips fail to feed the last round. Started putting only 8 in the clip and problem has not occured again. Shoots 95gr bullets to point of aim out to 60 foot. I really like the sight setup since it is just like my 45. This is my wifes backup gun so she won't let me carry it very often, it is really easy to conceal in a good belt holster.
"A superior combat handgunner is best defined as one who uses his superior judgement to avoid situations requiring the use of his superior skills."

Offline TOGO

• Avid Poster
?????? BERSA ?????
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2004, 06:36:27 AM »
:lol:  I have the .380 Thunder in duo tone, I think I paid 190.00 at a gun show for it. The pistol is unbelievably accurate, I shot around 6 to 7 hundred through it and have never had a malfuction, I even bought a couple after market mags for 12 apiece and they work great in it. The gun disassembles in seconds and is easy to clean, I give it a double thumbs up.

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
?????? BERSA ?????
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2004, 03:53:51 AM »
My buddy has one in .380. It shoot great. He put 200 rounds through it the other day and not one malfunction. I shot is several times and like the gun. Defiantly a big step above a High-point. IMHO :)
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA