Author Topic: Why the hate?  (Read 4994 times)

Offline finisher

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Why the hate?
« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2012, 02:23:22 PM »
The only thing I hate (and that's too evil of a concept to even give it such acknowledgement)... I'll digress and say "that frustrates me about the "LEFT" is that I'm not as coordinated with it as I am with the right. ;D ;D ;D .

If I could view the world and people with such simplicity as categorizing them into two boxes; "left" and "right" , I would probably have less gray hairs. But hey, I'm vain and I pull them any way.  ;D

I think that the reason that I have any hair on my head at all is because I don't truly hate, judge, or condemn anyone with whom I've absolutely no god given right to do so. Why should I when they're already hanging themselves with their own rope (as is usually the case with everyone). I do not feel that this is  the same as condoning as many of you may feel.

SHOOTALL, you asked me if I really believed that no one (friends, family, and community) are not effected, and my answer is NO. NOT DIRECTLY OR PHYSICALLY (which is where the line of the law and the extent of how much power we want to grant to the govt. starts to get dangerously fuzzy). Usually, the effects are emotional and psychological.

By the time I was seventeen years old, I had witnessed robberies, murders, assaults, and been exposed to just about every form of moral vice you can name, and not just through strangers but within my circle of family, friends, and close community as well. YES, it had emotional effects upon me and I suppose some psychological effects ??? . But I think that my generation is one of the last that was fortunate enough to inherit the mental, emotional, and psychological RESILlIENCE of the last great generation.

Don't get me wrong, when somebody was DIRECTLY and physically effected, we as a community would expect the law to be enforced by putting the offender in a cage like an animal. And when the law fell short for whatever reason, the community very DISCREETLY, and only with absolute proof and without anger or judgement, very quietly and coldly handled things. It was that close knit.

Examples: lets say that my daughter gets pregnant out of wedlock and has an abortion; questions to ask: did I do my best as a parent to raise her with sexual morality and morality in general? Here's the big one: WAS MY BEST SUFFICIENT ENOUGH. AND WITH YET FURTHER INTROSPECTION:will people do what they are going to do any way? Yes, I'd be very disappointed in her , but also looking at myself. Many women do this on a regular basis, a don't care. And yet many women who have done once live with guilt for the rest of there lives. I have seen this. And I could never truly know what they were experiencing (whens the last time YOU were pregnant).

I won't throw "left" and "right" labels as to me people are PEOPLE, but I see it as contradictory for one side to advocate less government in our lives and yet call upon the government to regulate morality. I understand that you're view is that this is outright murder, and why you would see my view for the advocating for the ALREADY BORN as a cop out (as you said).

And as far as it taking two to Tango, I just don't wan't to get any further into hair splitting semantics (particularly over the boundaries of a woman's body) of the abortion issue as this is about "why the hate"

My true aim at delving into this issue is to try and show that PEOPLE ABSOLUTELY CAN COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER AND ATTEMPT TO EMPATHIZE (not sympathize) without losing the high ground by resorting to pointless, judgmental, and closed minded labeling and name calling. I feel that once we've dropped down to such tactics, we have run out of "intellectual powder and cannon balls" and ideas, and have lowered ourselves to slingin'. mud. ARE WE NOT MEN? ARE WE NOT BETTER THAN THAT?

I feel no anger or hatred towards anyone who doesn't live the way I live or who does not share my exact ideology so long as they aren't robbing, raping, or murdering , and especially dropping bombs on or imposing martial law upon yours or mine (but then it becomes a DIRECT problem that PHYSICALLY interferes with the "life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness" of yours and mine).

But their personal choices of behavior are their own problems and not mine or my children's as I've tried to raise them to be able to comprehend the potential pitfalls of such choices.

Anything beyond that is beyond my personal span of control and I certainly would not crusade to further empower the govt. (like it needs any more power) with the hanging rope that people provide quite well for themselves.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #91 on: September 27, 2012, 02:34:46 PM »
I tend not to think one party or another. Wouldn't it be novel if a person simply voted for the best candidate?

that would be  nice  and can be done during the primaries
how ever  once any  PARTY/person  approaches 50% of a united vote
they   ONLY  way to defeat  them is with an equally big party approching 50% with a united vote
just the way its...and  i don't think  it will change

say  we have a desent democrat and not too good republican....[like the last 2]
the winner   will work with the party  that put them  there
I  and  hopefully you  will vote for the one that  won't be working with the democrats  like this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-05TLiiLU
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline KIMBER45

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2012, 04:37:23 PM »
kimber. Laugh all ya want, poke fun at Christians all ya want, your business. I truly believe that on judgement day, coming to ALL of us, that all those supporting the party of death will have to answer for that.

Dems officially support murder of the unborn, some even after they are born, and abominable acts by perverted, sexually depraved individuals, both condemned by God. All those supporting the party of death share in those sins.

I was a reg dem most of my life but only voted for 1 dem in over 30 years, a local election, big mistake, he lied. I had a heart attack 9 years ago and 5 bypasses. I had a real close look at my own mortality.

I realized that even though the  dem party left me 40 over years ago that officially I supported them simply by having my name associated with the party of death. My wife and I both changed our registration to republican. I didn't want to meet my maker with that millstone around my neck. God gave us all free will, good or evil, Heaven or hell. Choose wisely my friends. POWDERMAN.  :o :o :o :o :o :o
Powder- it was meant as a joke. You need to lighten up. If you look at the majority of the topics you post, they are mostly negative.  Try posting mostly positive information - it may change your outlook to a more positive, happy place. Don't worry, be happy.  ;)
"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
--------------------------------
Hawkeye: My father warned me about you...
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------

Offline inthebeech

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #93 on: September 28, 2012, 03:00:43 AM »
I don't think it is hate but I may be wrong.
That sure is how it appears however.
I think, for me at least, it is an intense passion for fixing a country that is deteriorating rapidly.  And the measures (numbers on food stamps, debt, numbers below poverty...)  reflect a rapidity never before seen.  This together with a leader who openly and repeatedly espouses virtues that are nowhere found in our Constitution (redistribution), can really get the blood boiling.
Hate?
Maybe; but I think it is simply hurt and saddness being channeled incorrectly.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2012, 03:03:13 AM »
I don't hate anyone.  I just want to see this country that I love continue to exist.  I don't believe that's possible under the Democrats.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline JamesIII

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #95 on: September 28, 2012, 04:17:01 AM »
I think the political "hate" is purposely created by the DNC and RNC in an effort to split the country. Neither organization has the country's best interest in mind, they just want to "win and control". I think good people run for office, but are so heavily indebted to their party that they become puppets of the party. We as voters are partly to blame, we reward the lies, out of context quotes, votes only for the purpose of campaign fodder and even what most states consider illegal taping. There is no question in my mind that the people who run the DNC and RNC are every bit as dangerous as the Tailiban, they just use a different weapon of choice. JamesIII

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #96 on: September 28, 2012, 05:04:36 AM »
I think the political "hate" is purposely created by the DNC and RNC in an effort to split the country. Neither organization has the country's best interest in mind, they just want to "win and control". I think good people run for office, but are so heavily indebted to their party that they become puppets of the party. We as voters are partly to blame, we reward the lies, out of context quotes, votes only for the purpose of campaign fodder and even what most states consider illegal taping. There is no question in my mind that the people who run the DNC and RNC are every bit as dangerous as the Tailiban, they just use a different weapon of choice. JamesIII
I totally agree.

"In the final analysis, it is between you and God.  It was never between you and them anyway."__Mother Theresa
-----------------
Not everyone will understand your journey. That"s fine. It's not their journey to make sense of. It's yours.
Chingachgook, he warned me about people like you. He said "Do not try to understand them".
 "do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense".
-------

-------

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #97 on: September 28, 2012, 05:10:06 AM »
Sprit remember also the ones who put the Bible together for Constine did so after years of disagreement and a threat of death if they did not get it done if I remember correctly .
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #98 on: September 28, 2012, 05:13:04 AM »
Frankly James, I think it transcends "party"...many people have bolted the party system these days..both parties.  Still the political turbulence seems more marked than ever.
   I find it entertaining how a couple frequent posters here, in an attempt to appear as "wise arbiters" attempt to analyse the situation.  They come up with many explanations involving love, tension, intents etc.  They try diligently to bolster their claims by pretending to be "impartial".      ...Then their following posts put them squarely into the liberal camp! ;) ;D ;D 
 '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
I would pretend no such impartiality, since almost anyone who is in the least bit observant has, by their adult years decided which approach is the intellectually more honest.  There is no shame in that and very few would claim 100% correctness for their choice..in fact I don't believe there is a hard&fast..right or left
   Basically as I see it, the right is driven by logic and the left is driven by emotion...with a very few exceptions of course.   When the subject of "hate" comes up, I see no parallel coming from the right, which equals Obama's own Rev Wright..
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hPR5jnjtLo

Then there are these ardent supporters of Obama who chased possible voters  away from a voting venue:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p50qHzC01E0
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline LONGTOM

• Trade Count: (391)
  • IF ONLY I COULD GO BACK-I WOULD BE A MOUNTAIN MAN!
« Reply #99 on: September 28, 2012, 05:13:10 AM »
It all boils down to what you believe and were taught through life.
I do believe in GOD.
There are those that don't and in my view they are wrong but I have no proof to back up my belief nor do they to back up theirs for that matter.
All we have are theories which can be manipulated to support whichever side you are for.
I have always felt that if you truly believed and tried to live a good life in accordance with GOD's will you will be saved come judgement day.
I call him GOD.
Some call him the GREAT SPIRT, or whatever they were taught.
The name matters not as long as you believe in one true GOD.
The world is so old who really knows the real truth.
The bible has been rewritten so many times that no one knows if it is correct or not.
The just is as long as you believe in your heart that you are living GOD's will then who can say you are wrong.
Example:
Some teachings say you will not enter heaven and live with GOD if you are not baptised.
Other teachings don't require baptism.
Which is right?
Who knows or cares as long as you believe and live that life I feel you will be saved.
I do not belong to any church nor do I follow any particular religion.
I just try to live GOD's will everyday as taught to me by my parents and grandparents.
I have no doubt that they will be saved come judgement day and if I can live my life as they did then I should be saved also.
I may be wrong but I don't think so.
Now you have some idea about where I stand as far as morality goes let me add a few things.
I don't believe in abortion just as a means of fixing a night of bad judgement but I believe there are times when it would be acceptable.
If a woman or young girl is truly raped then should she be forced to carry a child til birth conceived is such a ville manner?
I mean this as TRUE RAPE against her will.
US Law says that abortion is legal.
I don't like it and will fight to try and change the law because I think it is wrong but even if I could change the law I would still allow for those certain things that may arise such as TRUE RAPE or the life of the mother was in true peril.
As far as what each candidate believes is a matter between them and their GOD.
I happen to believe that THE LIAR IN THE WHITE HOUSE is wrong in his beliefs because they are not in line with GOD's word according to my leanings but again, I may be wrong.
I also believe that he is taking this country down the wrong path that will only lead to our demise as a country as we know it.
There is no true hate for him by me but a hate of where he is taking us and how he is going about it.
He is wrong in my mind and as such I want someone else to lead us in a different direction.
I know not what direction that will be until it comes to pass but I know where we have been and have no desire to continue down that road.
I will vote for the only chance we have to move in another direction this election.
Again, it may turn out to be wrong but only time will tell.

LONGTOM
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
NRA Member-JAMES MADISON BRIGADE
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member
US OLIMPIC SHOOTING TEAM supporter

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

That my two young sons may never have to know the horrors of war. 

I will stand for your rights as my forefathers did before me!
My thanks to those who have, are and will stand for mine!
To those in the military, I salute you!

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #100 on: September 28, 2012, 05:36:41 AM »
For the last time! This thread is not about "PREDESTINATION".As Swampman would like to turn it into!
Several of you are determined to hijack the thread, and I've deleted the post's that have not stayed on topic. The next one gets it locked!
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline finisher

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #101 on: September 28, 2012, 08:11:22 AM »
How do you get two factions which are at seemingly irreconcilable odds with each other to unite in some COMMON cause, or to at least stop projecting PERCEIVED "hate" in the form of childish name calling, labeling, and clinging to the notion that there are TWO kinds of people in this world; "left" and "right".

That's about as open minded as saying that there are two kinds of beer, "Budweiser" and "Coors", or only TWO kinds of music; "country" and "western". Although, depending upon where you're from, this may be the reality.

I certainly feel that it is this OBSTINATE mentality from BOTH sides of the TWO WHOLE KINDS OF PEOPLE  ::)  in the country that is, all be it with the most "noble"  ::)  of intentions, carelessly and irresponsibly projected in an even more irresponsibly verbal manner, that fuels this political rhetoric that is received and projected and ultimately PERCEIVED as "hate".

And let's face it people, SOME of it, from BOTH SIDES really is just plain "hate".   

Such obstinacy, I feel is derived from misplaced pride, social ignorance (there it is, the scary "S" word; who's gonna take the bait?), and various psychological fears, and not so much from a claimed position of adult observation or wisdom, or logic vs. emotion.

Usually, when one finds difficulty in classifying an individual's dissenting view into something they can put into a more comprehensive "box" like left or right, they will either ignore the dissident, or just place them into the "box that they "hate" the most, or label them as a fence sitter with no "core values".

Dissension is not to lean one way or the other, "left" or "right", it means only that one does not share another's identical core values or those of a particular group of "sheeple" (now there I go with the name calling  ::)  curse myself, damn it  ;D ). And if I'm not robbing, murdering, raping, or assaulting you or yours, you'll just have to live with it or fly.

With this in mind, I pose the question: Why is it deemed taboo for one to seek balance between two or even several ideologies if only for the sake of peaceful coexistence? And along with this notion, where do the lines between accountability to the laws of god and to those of man get drawn?

It is just my opinion, but I feel that to think, reason, and deal soley in absolutes is to dance with a mentality of totalitarianism and will ultimately lead to self destruction.

I agree that some stances are indeed based primarily around emotional arguments, but I have seen such stances coming from people of every political and religious ideology; and usually they are not even consciously aware, or will not address the emotional basis of their argument.

I must also point out that the ones that claim to base their stance upon logic are still, like everyone, subject to the scrutiny of the accuracy, truth, and particularly (with all due respect), the level of social and intellectual diversity (of ones personal observations) of the information from which all religious and political ideology is derived.

In my short life, I have gained intellectual and spiritual strength through my own ethnic diversity and through the exposure of an extremely socially diverse and morally adverse environment, as well as my travels. I do not fear or hate any particular neighborhood, country, religion, or political ideology because (I carry a gun  ;D . No, not really)... because to me people are people and I see the common ground in all of us.

One does not survive physically or morally growing up where I did by being unobservant, and what one may consider to be "impartiality", I would consider to be the ability to not become overly fixated on the issues placed right in front of us all (almost as a distracting lure... to me anyway) that are petty at best when put into perspective with many more serious, UNPERCEIVED subtle and underlying issues with which we are all intertwined and entangled and through lack of observance or distraction, fail to see.

The slow flooding of a water tight space that one sailor sees as the main priority is but secondary compared to the seemingly small amount of dark smoke creeping up from the ships magazine seen by another sailor.

What can I say; priorities and perspectives.

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2012, 10:29:06 AM »
There are some here who mostly say negative statements or give sarcastic replies. Negative emotions cause adverse physiological reactions, including high blood pressure and narrowing of the arteries around the heart, which can restrict blood flow and result in a heart attack. according to Dr. Wittstein  of Johns Hopkins. Why risk it??? - smile- be happy. :) :)
-----------------
-------

-------

Offline lgm270

« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2012, 11:58:09 AM »
Why the hate?

Well, what group is more deserving of hatred than liberals?   No other group I can think of.

When I was in college they defended the torturers and murderers who ran the  USSR  and said communism was a "noble experiment."  They said "live with it" and that  Communism was the "wave of the future."   They want to suppress free speech. They want to suppress the right to keep and bear arms. They want to hand over the country to millions of  illegal alien third world primitives who transform American communities into Mexican slums.   

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2012, 12:19:28 PM »
Hating someone or something is like your taking poison and waiting for the other person to die.
-----------------
-------

-------

Offline justme

« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2012, 12:36:44 PM »
Democrat civility: “If you believe things contrary to what I do, I’ll call you a racist or stupid, just letting you know.”

Democrat compromise: “Here’s my deal for you. I’ll tell you what I want, and you will give it to me, or I’ll throw a hissy fit and call you more names”

Democrat racial tolerance: “Romney is out of touch because black people don’t understand savings accounts.”

Democrat free speech: “The US strongly denounces this despicable video. They had no right to say things that Muslims don’t like to hear.”

Democrat religious tolerance: “Suck it, Catholics – we’re the moral authority, not you, so we’ll tell you what’s what on abortion.” " And Christians can suck it when
we belittle Christ"..........

Democrat military affairs: “Those Navy SEALs did an excellent job. Good thing I was there to take credit!”

Democrat foreign affairs: “My most-of-one-term as senator makes me far more qualified on foreign affairs than my opponent. Why, I organized entire neighborhoods! The most he’s ever organized was the Olympics, a whole state, and some multinational corporation!”

Democrat economics: “That guy over there has more than you. He must have stolen it from you! Get him!”

And finally, Democrat responsibility: “And my policies would have worked, if it hadn’t been for the Republicans, ATM machines, hurricanes, and George Bush!”

Offline finisher

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2012, 01:11:19 PM »
Why the hate?

Well, what group is more deserving of hatred than liberals?   No other group I can think of.

When I was in college they defended the torturers and murderers who ran the  USSR  and said communism was a "noble experiment."  They said "live with it" and that  Communism was the "wave of the future."   They want to suppress free speech. They want to suppress the right to keep and bear arms. They want to hand over the country to millions of  illegal alien third world primitives who transform American communities into Mexican slums.
There was a group of people who did the same thing to another group of people a while back. But instead of just moving in and turning the place into a "slum", they slaughtered everything in sight, including the other people. But of course that was "Manifest Destiny"   ::) .

Sounds as though you feel that you are going through something similar in a more modern kind of way. Too bad we can't just go around shooting men women and kids in their neighborhoods like the "good 'ol days eh? But hey, you can still enlist (or re-up) go do it over seas if you want.

Kimber45 is right; hate is a painful kind of cancer to carry around with you. Truly, I sympathize for you Cochise.

Offline 45-70.gov

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2012, 01:46:38 PM »
yes......
that open border thing  didn't work  out too well  for the indians...sorry native americans

tho  my ancesters and  most others here were part of this invading force
the lesson should still be learned

even tho  my ancesters were  wrong.........i'm staying

i hope the remaining natives will forgive me...and not hate me
when drugs are outlawed only out laws will have drugs
DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO STOP A DEMOCRAT
OBAMACARE....the biggest tax hike in the  history of mankind
free choice and equality  can't co-exist
AFTER THE LIBYAN COVER-UP... remind any  democrat voters ''they sat and  watched them die''...they  told help to ''stand down''

many statements made here are fiction and are for entertainment purposes only and are in no way to be construed as a description of actual events.
no one is encouraged to do anything dangerous or break any laws.

Offline LONGTOM

« Reply #108 on: September 29, 2012, 05:53:58 AM »
Good post ironglow!
The mistakes made by our ancestors were and are a part of this countries dark past but none the less still a part of our history and our heritage.
The crimes committed against the early minorities were in many cases wrong but what is perceived as wrong by today's standards were a way of life, the law of the land back then.
The Blacks, the Chinese, the Irish, the Jewish and scores more were looked down on by the whites back in the early days of this fledgling country and that was a shame.
At lease they weren't slaughtered like so many of the American Indians.
The descendants of our ancestors don't owe any group from the past a thing yet on a daily basis some group claims those before them were mistreated.
Yes, a lot of them were but you are not owed anything for what they may have endured other than a sincere apology.
There were many whites that were mistreated also.
It was a bad part of our history but just that, HISTORY (PAST,GONE and I hope NEVER TO BE REPEATED)!

You know, I was really somewhat pleased when the country elected a black man as president.
Not that I wanted him but for the fact that the black people could no longer say "the white man was keeping them down".
It seems that this didn't come to be.
So much for the great black hope!
It turns out that he is no more for the blacks then he is for the whites or any other group except the muslims!
All he cares about are what he calls "HIS MUSLIM BROTHERS" at the expense of all others.
He seems to not understand the concept of working for what you want.
He thinks, along with a large part of this country, that the government should take care of you.
For those that truly need it I am not against that but to the ones who are just to lazy to work and to make a whole country dependent on the government is not what our founding fathers intended when they created our government.
Why should the successful or "RICH" have to support the country simply because they can afford it?
That is wrong.
They do most of that now under our tax system and yet the government (THE LIAR) wants them to pay even more!
THE LIAR  goes to foreign countries and proceeds to belittle the US in any way he can, (bowing, apologising, running the country down).
He refuses to follow our US CONSTITUTION & BILL OF RIGHTS.
He refuses to acknowledge our flag for fear of offending some group.
What about our group, the AMERICAN PEOPLE?
Yet after all of this, there are those that still want him to lead this country.
Someone who is against almost everything this country was founded on and stands for, how could you (as a true AMERICAN) support a person like that is beyond me.
Don't take that last sentence out of context.
I am not questioning anyones patriotism (except maybe THE LIAR'S).
His wrong in his thinking and he is the wrong person to lead this country back to her former glory!!! 

LONGTOM
NAHC Life Member
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member

"THE TREE OF LIBERTY FROM TIME TO TIME MUST BE REFRESHED WITH THE BLOOD OF PATRIOTS AND TYRANTS".
THOMAS JEFFERSON

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #109 on: September 29, 2012, 06:50:26 AM »
I don't feel bad about anything our ancestors did.  In fact I'm proud of it.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline Cuts Crooked

« Reply #110 on: September 29, 2012, 08:51:23 AM »
There are some here who mostly say negative statements or give sarcastic replies. Negative emotions cause adverse physiological reactions, including high blood pressure and narrowing of the arteries around the heart, which can restrict blood flow and result in a heart attack. according to Dr. Wittstein  of Johns Hopkins. Why risk it??? - smile- be happy. :) :)

Yup! And there also studies that show that bottling up ones frustration/anger does exactly the same thing. ::)
Smokeless is only a passing fad!

"The liar who charms and disarms and wreaths himself in artifice is too agreeable to be called a demon. So we adopt the word "candidate"." Brooke McEldowney

"When a dog has bitten ten kids I have trouble believing he would make a good childs companion just because he now claims he is a good dog and doesn't bite. How's that for a "parable"?"....ME

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
  • I feel much better now knowing it will get worse.
« Reply #111 on: September 29, 2012, 01:11:03 PM »
I'd like to vent a bit more often myself. The trouble is that I can't afford to replace this monitor or my TV as often as I would need to do.
What is the point of Life if you can't have fun.

Offline clum sum

• Contributor
« Reply #112 on: September 29, 2012, 01:34:05 PM »
Its tribal and it has been since the first stone was thrown,without compromise and compasion, We will all hate what we don't understand and all that is ditfferent.
A man's hand shake is his bond.
                     Joe R. Risley Jr.

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #113 on: September 29, 2012, 03:28:21 PM »
Its tribal and it has been since the first stone was thrown,without compromise and compasion, We will all hate what we don't understand and all that is ditfferent.

I disagree on the part you wrote " what we don't understand"  I understand all to well what gets my knickers in a knot!!

Offline KIMBER45

« Reply #114 on: September 29, 2012, 05:09:25 PM »

Yup! And there also studies that show that bottling up ones frustration/anger does exactly the same thing. ::)
I'll follow my path and you follow yours.

-----------------
-------

-------

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #115 on: September 29, 2012, 06:42:34 PM »
...  I don't consider myself a "liberal" or much of any other boxed label, but it could be in part to the childish name calling and LABELING that flies back and forth from BOTH directions. ...

Maybe all the "lefty lib"/ "righty conserv" crap would sound less laughable if everyone did it in Latin or something.  ;D 
Here I did it for you:

rabidus reliquit tradidit liberalibus!

;D ;D ;D ;D

HAY !! ;) ;)
We had a "talk" on this before. We don't read or speak "Roman" You are kindly reminded we require translations !!

Heck that might even be a GBO Rule. :-\
BBF - It translates roughly into: "Crazy left-handed liberal" or more correctly Crazy lefty liberal.  I apologize for leaving out the translation of righty conserv (right handed conservative) it is:
"ius tradidit conservativum", just doesn't sound too funny.

finisher did state it well but that doesn't lessen the fact that there are still topics that people will always disagree on and to some so much so that they are willing to die for their belief.
That is how some wars are started and the way this country came about in the first place.
I personally don't believe in any of the things this man in office now has done helped the country get back on it's feet.
In fact, I feel he has taken us in the exact opposite direction by trying to make people more dependent on government.
Government was never meant to controll the people nor to support them.
The law of the land has always been that if you worked hard, was honest in your dealings and managed your earnings you could be very successful.
These traits still hold true today.
The problem is that a lot of people don't want to work.
They would rather sit around on their butts and wait on a hand out from the government and make the rest of us pay for it.
There are those that truly need help and for those we have government programs paid for by us through taxes and that is fine for me.
I don't mind paying my share when it is used for the good of the country but I am sick and tired of working my butt off trying to support my family, barely making ends meet each month just to have the government take a large percentage of my money and waste it on some low life who doesn't want to work or for them to spend it on some project or grant to some company because some politician owes someone a favor.
Yes you are right, that leads to resentment which leads to discontent which leads to hate.
I do hate what our country is becoming.
I don't hate the man but I do hate what he is doing to our country.
In my mind it is wrong and it is time to change the way the country is headed.
Mitt may not be the best man for the job but we have tried this plan and it's not working.
Lets try something else.
If that doesn't work then we can get rid of him and try someone else until we get it right!
To be honest, I don't know how much more this country can stand and still remain a self governing body.
We are fast approaching the point of no return.
We are so far in debt that who knows how or for how long it will take to get us out, if we ever get out!
I can tell you that trying to spend your way out has never worked.
When you are in financial trouble you don't go on a spending spree in the belief that it will somehow make everything right again
You cut back and conserve until you can see your way clear.
I just can't understand why our government can't see that.
Maybe because it's not their money they are wasting.
The time has come to call an end to it and for me the first step begins on Nov 6th.

LONGTOM
LT - I couldn't agree with you more.  The problem with Obama is that he is in way over his head, and he just doesn't care.  He's not even trying to learn the job of President.  As a matter of fact, I don't even think he cares about anything except maintaining his current opulent lifestyle, paid for of course by us.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline LONGTOM

« Reply #116 on: September 30, 2012, 03:55:03 AM »
I totally agree with you OSRanger!
I really don't think he wants to learn the ways of the office, just as long as he can live the good life while he is there and destroy the whole concept of our government while doing it!

LONGTOM
NAHC Life Member
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member

THOMAS JEFFERSON

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #117 on: September 30, 2012, 04:05:43 AM »
OK, if he doesn't have an agenda, certainly his handlers do.

Offline LONGTOM

« Reply #118 on: September 30, 2012, 04:12:45 AM »
Most certainly the ones pulling his strings know what they want and he is doing a fine job of delivering it to them.
All I can say is he better hurry because he doesn't have much time left!  ;)

LONGTOM
NAHC Life Member
IWLA Member
NRA/ILA Member
CCRKBA Member

THOMAS JEFFERSON

LONGTOM 9-25-07

Offline BBF

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #119 on: September 30, 2012, 04:15:14 AM »
Looking at recent polls make me think he is going to get another 4 years unless Bibi goes nuts which may even help him.