Author Topic: Have you ever seen a Romney bumper sticker?  (Read 455 times)

Offline Conan The Librarian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • McDonalds. Blecch!
Have you ever seen a Romney bumper sticker?
« on: September 25, 2012, 01:35:14 AM »
I finally saw one last week. Have seen no yard signs or other ads. Obama ads and stickers are everywhere and have been for a long time. Lots of internet ads too. Romney must be banking on a  a one month campaign or something because the only stuff I see about him is the negative stories in the news.

Offline PowPow

• Trade Count: (16)
Re: Have you ever seen a Romney bumper sticker?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 01:59:41 AM »
Lots of Romney-Ryan yard signs on my side of town.
Most of the yard signs around here are for local folks who don't do TV ads.
Guy I know got his picture taken with Romney; I'm guessing that pic probably cost him at least $10k.
The difference between people who do stuff and people who don't do stuff is that the people who do stuff do stuff.

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 02:37:28 AM »
I haven't seen one for either one of the duds. Only signs in this area are for the local elections.

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 02:56:53 AM »
a Romney bumper-sticker in my county will get your car/truck vandalized.
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     bugeye

Offline Conan The Librarian

• McDonalds. Blecch!
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 04:26:04 AM »
Bugeye:

That's something to consider. Around here, the road signs for republican candidates are torn down and the democrat signs are left up. I watched a Minneapolis city employee, judging from him driving a city car, tear down a sign last week, leaving up several others.

Offline magooch

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 04:39:26 AM »
Ditto for my area.  A Romney sign anywhere is a guaranteed way to have your car, yard, or home attacked.  It isn't because there is no support for Romney, or any of the Republicans; it is the reality of what the Dumycrat (communist) Party amd its supporters have become.  It's been that way for years; this year is particularly vicious.  The same louts are even tearing down the signs of independent candidates.  This kind of behavior is SOP for commies.
Swingem

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 04:44:09 AM »
Guess I am glad not to live in some of your all hoods. There are plenty of yard signs for both in my area. Have not heard of any problems from either party supporters. See an occasional Obama bumper sticker. Come to think of it I don't think I have seen a Romney bumper sticker. Maybe the Chinese are a little slow producing them.
GuzziJohn

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 05:14:20 AM »
I live in Southern CA and see quite a few.
I see more NOBAMA or other anti Obma stickers and I do see quite a few morons with Obama stickers.
YOu can tell them before you see the sticker.
The people that will not let you in, if you let them in NO wave of thanks, self centered children.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 05:59:40 AM »
I have seen numerous "Obama S#cks" bumper stickers, do they count?

What about this one?  Does it count as a Romney sticker?
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2012, 06:05:19 AM »
I see far more Romney Stickers than Obama.  The only place I see Obama signs is out near the University.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline OldSchoolRanger

• Trade Count: (60)
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2012, 06:05:24 AM »
Bugeye:

That's something to consider. Around here, the road signs for republican candidates are torn down and the democrat signs are left up. I watched a Minneapolis city employee, judging from him driving a city car, tear down a sign last week, leaving up several others.
Conan - I would have taken a photo of him doing so, and filed a police report, then given it to the news.  A government employee, using a government vehicle, possibly on city time.  Grounds for dismissal at the least, possibly arrest, depending on your election laws, trespass laws, etc.

Guess I am glad not to live in some of your all hoods. There are plenty of yard signs for both in my area. Have not heard of any problems from either party supporters. See an occasional Obama bumper sticker. Come to think of it I don't think I have seen a Romney bumper sticker. Maybe the Chinese are a little slow producing them.
GuzziJohn
Guzzi - Maybe Romney is trying to have them printed here.
"You are entitled to your own opinions, but you are not entitled to your own facts." - Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan

When you allow a lie to go unchallenged, it becomes the truth.

My quandary, I personally, don't think I have enough Handi's but, I know I have more Handi's than I really need or should have.

Offline flintlock

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2012, 06:11:05 AM »
Plenty of Romney yard signs and bumper stickers here in central NC...

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2012, 08:18:13 AM »
Quote from flintlock:
"Plenty of Romney yard signs and bumper stickers here in central NC..."

In Raleigh/Durham also?
GuzziJohn

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2012, 08:23:55 AM »
Conan-
I heard from someone in the minnesota republican party that Romney isn't spending money in minnesota because he has no chance in the state that elected ventura, franken and dayton.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2012, 11:15:17 AM »
Haven't seen any Romney or obama bumper stickers and pretty much no signage for either of them. Maybe folks around here are just smart enough not to ruin their bumpers with stickers that will never come off.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2012, 12:02:07 PM »
I have a Romney/Ryan sticker on my rear window and a yard sign.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~