Author Topic: We are hungry, vid mocks husseins school lunch program.  (Read 492 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
We are hungry, vid mocks husseins school lunch program.
« on: October 01, 2012, 01:06:39 PM »
http://www.yahoo.com/_ylt=ArgkEUJdm42tPBf4qbAsXyubvZx4;_ylu=X3oDMTVwcjZhYzhpBGEDMTIxMDAxIG5ld3Mga3R2ayBmb29kIGZpZ2h0IGZlbG9ueSB2BGNjb2RlA3B6YnVmY2FoNQRjcG9zAzEEZWQDMQRnA2lkLTI2NzkzOTgEaW50bAN1cwRpdGMDMARtY29kZQNwemJ1YWxsY2FoNQRtcG9zAzEEcGtndAMxBHBrZ3YDMTcEcG9zAzQEc2VjA3RkLWZlYQRzbGsDcmVsLXRpdGxlBHRlc3QDNzAxBHdvZQMyMzY4MTE3/SIG=14aoea7vp/EXP=1349218899/**http%3A//news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/hungry-video-parody-mocks-government-mandated-lunch-guidelines-173759744.html

‘We Are Hungry’ Video Parody Mocks Government Mandated Lunch GuidelinesBy Melissa Knowles | Trending Now – Wed, Sep 26, 2012. Childhood obesity in America has been a hot-button topic for the last several years. First lady Michelle Obama spearheaded the Let's Move campaign with the goal of helping America raise a healthier generation of kids. President Barack Obama signed the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of  2010 on December 13, 2010, getting the government officially involved in mandating ways for the USDA to directly help improve the nutrition of school lunches. Even though the goal is to help kids get healthy and become more aware of what they're consuming, the effort is receiving some backlash.

The nutrition guidelines set maximum requirements for school lunches as follows: 650 calories for elementary students, 700 calories for middle school students, and 850 calories for high school students. This was the first major overhaul of school meals in 15 years. Some students, particularly those who participate in athletic activities, say the new rules do not provide enough food to fuel an active kid.

Linda O'Connor, an English teacher at Wallace County High in Sharon Springs, Kansas, teamed with publications director Brenda Kirkham to write the song "We Are Hungry," to the tune of the song "We Are Young" by Fun, and they made a video parody featuring the song and starring students from Wallace County High. "We Are Hungry" starts with the lyrics, "Give me some seconds I, I need to get some food today," and in the video, students dramatize the downside of the new school lunch program and how it's leaving them with growling stomachs. One girl purposely falls down in volleyball practice, a boy is rejected by the school's lunch lady when asking for more food, another teen struggles to bench-press during a workout, and a number of students simply look lethargic throughout the video to try to get the point across.

So far on YouTube the video has gotten more than 250,000 views in just over a week. With all of the attention, a debate is brewing in the comments section. One person defending the new guidelines wrote, "Look at how kids in America grow to be obese. 750-850 calories is more than enough." A person in support of the students in the video wrote, "I have 2 teenage boys, 6 feet 2 both of them, and I've been hearing the exact same thing from them."
The debate will continue about school-provided lunches, but politics aside, the video has become a sensation.
Like us on Facebook.com/TrendingNow and follow Trending Now on Twitter: @Knowlesitall and @YahooTrending.
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline clum sum

• Contributor
Re: We are hungry, vid mocks husseins school lunch program.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 01:24:19 PM »
School lunches should be like chow in basic training, skinny kids gain and fat kids lose. The USDA has been feeding fat to our kids for years to give farm wellfare to some very large buiness corporations. Let Bordens eat the fat.
A man's hand shake is his bond.
                     Joe R. Risley Jr.

Offline hillbill

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 02:09:42 PM »
i was talking to my son about school lunches the other day. he is a 6'2" 220 lb junior at our local high school.not one ounce of fat on this boy.plays linebacker for the football team. he said they are rediculous.a few carrot chips, sum fruit and a tiny peice of meat. he has to buy food from a teacher that keeps a cabinet full of ramen noodles and other stuff just to get thru the day.he keeps up with politics somewhat and has had a snoot full of obama and his cronies.he will not be voting dem when he is of age i can promise you that!

Offline clum sum

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 02:26:54 PM »
Brown bag it I did all the way through school.
A man's hand shake is his bond.
                     Joe R. Risley Jr.

Offline hillbill

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 02:33:38 PM »

ya, only prob is most women nowadays are too lazy to fix a lunch for their kid or their man. can yu tell im divorced? my son said he would be happy to do that but ther aint no food in the house most of the time.

Offline hunt-m-up

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (27)
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 04:08:57 PM »
I have two kids in school going through this. The ironic part is the very people that claim to be concerned for the welfare of children, blah, blah, blah are starving a lot of children who rely on the meal/s they get at school as their only source of nutrition.
We're with the government and we're here to help you...
Crosman Slingshot, Daisy Red Ryder, dull butter knife

Offline mcwoodduck

• Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 05:00:38 PM »

ya, only prob is most women nowadays are too lazy to fix a lunch for their kid or their man. can yu tell im divorced? my son said he would be happy to do that but ther aint no food in the house most of the time.
The problem is some schools will not allow you to brown bag it and are making the parents sign the kids up for assisted lunch programs. 
Even if the mother is at home and wants to provide healthy home cooked meals.
All part of the government is the answer mind washing that starts in the schools.

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 05:03:05 PM »
I have two kids in school going through this. The ironic part is the very people that claim to be concerned for the welfare of children, blah, blah, blah are starving a lot of children who rely on the meal/s they get at school as their only source of nutrition.
We're with the government and we're here to help you...
Why is the school the only meal the kids get during the day?
What are the parents doing, or not doing and why is Child Protective services not involved and taking the kids away?
Clearly there are problems with the parents if they can not or will not feed their kids.

Offline guzzijohn

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 02:55:39 AM »
Quote from mcwoodduck:
"Why is the school the only meal the kids get during the day?What are the parents doing, or not doing and why is Child Protective services not involved and taking the kids away?
Clearly there are problems with the parents if they can not or will not feed their kids."

Because there are too many conservatives out there that yell "nanny state" or "keep the government out of my house". My wife spent most of her career as a child protective social worker and ran into that sort of barrier all the time.
GuzziJohn

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 04:21:55 AM »
Quote from mcwoodduck:
"Why is the school the only meal the kids get during the day?What are the parents doing, or not doing and why is Child Protective services not involved and taking the kids away?
Clearly there are problems with the parents if they can not or will not feed their kids."

Because there are too many conservatives out there that yell "nanny state" or "keep the government out of my house". My wife spent most of her career as a child protective social worker and ran into that sort of barrier all the time.
GuzziJohn

GOOD! She didn't run into enough of them!If there had been more( true) Conservatives in your area, her job would have been unnecessary!I'm sure she's a very nice lady, and she would have had more time to spend with you and the kids, not worrying about children belonging to  someone else.Liberal Democrats and Liberal Republicans make jobs like hers necessary.....JMO ;)
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline hunt-m-up

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (27)
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 07:22:11 PM »

The problem is some schools will not allow you to brown bag it and are making the parents sign the kids up for assisted lunch programs. 
Even if the mother is at home and wants to provide healthy home cooked meals.
All part of the government is the answer mind washing that starts in the schools.
They came right out and stated in the packet that we recieved at the start of the school year that anyone eligible for lunch assistance should apply even if they didn't intend to use it. They needed the numbers for funding assistance. This is the first time I've seen them state it outright.
I thought it was ironic because their efforts to create gov't depedancy backfired because they went overboard as the food police.
Crosman Slingshot, Daisy Red Ryder, dull butter knife

Offline mcwoodduck

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 06:22:38 AM »
Quote from mcwoodduck:

GuzziJohn
I see a problem with a system that punnishes parents for spanking their kids and then returns neglected kids to crack mothers, who only see the kids as a way to get more crack. 
If the parents can not feed the kids then we have a problem and that is the whole reason we have CPS other wise why have it if it does not protect the kids from neglecting parents.
ANd then again if the Democrats and other liberals did not call for SO much in taxes, prices would be lower and the working poor could afford more for their kids.  As we all know from Econon 101 Taxes are a cost and costs factor into the price of a good. Raising taxes on the producers only raises prices and that hurts the poor the most in the form of higher prices and fewer jobs.