Author Topic: Thumper  (Read 767 times)

Offline mac66

• Trade Count: (0)
Thumper
« on: October 02, 2012, 01:08:39 PM »
Picked up an old Topper 12 ga cheap at a garage sale this summer. I cut the barrel to 18" added the sling and butt stock pouch and turned this into my truck gun. BTW, the loops hold 5 shells as you can see. The zippered pouch holds 10 rounds and the butt stock bolt hole holds 3 shells. Of course the thing is brutal to shoot but fun to play with on occasion.

Offline bikerbeans

• Trade Count: (168)
  • BANDIT - North American Snake Hound
Re: Thumper
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 01:35:49 PM »
mac,

A single shot with 19 rounds (assuming there is one in the chamber)?  Where you hangin' out, da Southside of Chicago? :o ::) ;D

Nice lookin' shorty! 8)

BB
RIP Tom: Tom Nolan, ( bikerbeans) passed away this afternoon (02-04-2021).

Why be difficult, when with a little extra effort you can be impossible?

Wife's Handis;  300 BLKOUT

MINE:  270W, 308x444, 44 Bodeen, 410 shorty rifled slug gun, 445 SuperMag Shikari, 45 ACP shorty,  45-70 Shikari, 45 Cal Smokeless MZ, 50cal 24" SS Sidekick, 50 cal 24" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Huntsman, 50 cal 26" Sidekick, 50-70 Govt Shikari, Tracker II 20 ga shorty, 20 ga VR Pardner, 20ga USH, 12ga VR NWTF, 12ga Tracker II shorty WITHOUT scope, 12ga USH, 10 ga  Pardner Smoothbore slug gun & 24ga Profino Custom rifled slug gun.

Offline TxGun

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
  • Retired
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 01:56:48 PM »
I love Pardner shortys, and I have several myself. I always get the beads replaced by my gunsmith, who charges me a very reasonable (IMO) $25. Some have gone this route... http://www.hivizsights.com/products/shotgun-sights.html ...and used a snap-on sight. I usually have a cut-down Pardner in the truck with me.

Offline mac66

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 03:48:52 AM »
mac,

A single shot with 19 rounds (assuming there is one in the chamber)?  Where you hangin' out, da Southside of Chicago? :o ::) ;D

Nice lookin' shorty! 8)

BB

Actually north of Detroit but that's not why all the ammo. It is basically a grab and go thing. The gun and ammo in one package that you don't have to pack separately. There is also a pair of ear plugs in the pouch and of course the pouch is removable as is the shell holder on the outside.

Haven't decided whether to put a bead back on the barrel or maybe a fiber optic sight. Frankly for what I use it for it really doesn't need a front sight.