Author Topic: Mex diplomat U.S. govt works with cartels to aid drug traffic.  (Read 512 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Mexican Diplomat Says America Pretty Much Invited The Sinaloa Drug Cartel Across The Border    Leaked emails from the private U.S. security firm Stratfor cite a Mexican diplomat who says the U.S. government works with Mexican cartels to traffic drugs into the United States and has sided with the Sinaloa cartel in an attempt to limit the violence in Mexico.

Many people have doubted the quality of Stratfor's intelligence, but the information from MX1—a Mexican foreign service officer who doubled as a confidential source for Stratfor—seems to corroborate recent claims about U.S. involvement in the drug war in Mexico.

Most notably, the reports from MX1 line up with assertions by a Sinaloa cartel insider that cartel boss Joaquin Guzman is a U.S. informant, the Sinaloa cartel was "given carte blanche to continue to smuggle tons of illicit drugs into Chicago," and Operation Fast and Furious was part of an agreement to finance and arm the Sinaloa cartel in exchange for information used to take down rival cartels.

An email with the subject "Re: From MX1 -- 2" sent Monday, April 19, 2010, to Stratfor vice president of intelligence Fred Burton says:  >I think the US sent a signal that could be construed as follows:

"To the [Juárez] and Sinaloa cartels: Thank you for providing our market with drugs over the years. We are now concerned about your perpetration of violence, and would like to see you stop that. In this regard, please know that Sinaloa is bigger and better than [the Juárez cartel]. Also note that [Ciudad Juárez] is very important to us, as is the whole border. In this light, please talk amongst yourselves and lets all get back to business. Again, we recognize that Sinaloa is bigger and better, so either [the Juárez cartel] gets in line or we will mess you up."

In sum, I have a gut feeling that the US agencies tried to send a signal telling the cartels to negotiate themselves. They unilaterally declared a winner, and this is unprecedented, and deserves analysis.
Bill Conroy of Narco News reports that MX1's description matches the publicly available information on Fernando de la Mora Salcedo — a Mexican foreign service officer who studied law at the University of New Mexico and served at the Mexican Consulates in El Paso, Texas, and Phoenix.
In a June 13, 2010, email with the subject "Re: Get follow up from mx1? Thx," MX1 states that U.S. and Mexican law enforcement sent their "signal" by discretely brokering a deal with cartels in Tijuana, just south of San Diego, Calif., which reduced the violence in the area considerably. 
It is not so much a message for the Mexican government as it is for the Sinaloa cartel and [the Juárez cartel] themselves. Basically, the message they want to send out is that Sinaloa is winning and that the violence is unacceptable. They want the CARTELS to negotiate with EACH OTHER. The idea is that if they can do this, violence will drop and the governments will allow controlled drug trades.

The email went on to say that "the major routes and methods for bulk shipping into the US" from Ciudad Juárez, right across the border from El Paso, Texas, "havealready been negotiated with US authorities" and that large shipments of drugs from the Sinaloa cartel "are OK with the Americans."

In July a Mexican state government spokesman told Al Jazeera that the CIA and other international security forces "don't fight drug traffickers" as much as "try to manage the drug trade." A mid-level Mexican official told Al Jazeera that based on discussions he's had with U.S. officials working in Ciudad Juárez, the allegations were true.

WikiLeaks has published 2,878 out of what it says is a cache of 5 million internal Stratfor emails (dated between July 2004 and December 2011) obtained by the hacker collective Anonymous around Christmas.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/strat...#ixzz28BaNPlwO 
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline wncchester

Re: Mex diplomat U.S. govt works with cartels to aid drug traffic.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 12:24:33 PM »
There are some things we can KNOW about 'Fast and Furious":

*   It had nothing to do with Bush's "Gun Runner" program.  That was about some 200 weapons - one tenth the size of F&F, it included cordination with Mexican law officials, it actually tried to track the guns but failed and was discontinued some two years before F&F started.   

*   F&F included more than 2,000 weapons, no effort was made to track them (in fact, field agents who wanted to do so were told not to), Mexican law was kept in the dark about what was going on.  Such a massive gun running program had to have large and bloody consequences in Mexico even if none were misused here.

*   BO was taped telling Sarah Brady to be patient, he had "something going on under the radar" about gun laws so she was to trust that he would be doing things she would like.

*   Mexican law officials have long had information and an informant that leads them to believe the US DOJ was indeed feeding guns to the Sinaloa cartel for purposes that have not been revealed.   But, it is difficult for a moderately intelligent person to believe it had anything to do with efforts to 'track' American guns going to Mexico that would be acceptable to either Mexico or us.

*   We've lost two known agents to those guns - so far.  The Mexicans have lost hundreds and for them the effects will last for many more years. 

Personal conclusion: 

I believe there are VERY high officials in the US Government who would be sentenced to years in prison if the evidence of the official corruption of F&F should ever be revealed.  And it would virtually destroy the Democrat Party, the remnants would have to change the party name and rise again in a different form to get away from the stench.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue

Offline powderman

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 03:43:39 PM »
No doubt in my mind that obama is up to his ears in this. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline wncchester

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2012, 03:14:26 PM »
"...and far beyond Reagan/Ollie ..."

Ah, but Andy Jackson, first Dem president, is the one guy who ordered the Cherokee to walk to Oklahoma in winter on the Trail of Tears with little food and water.  And Saint FDR, D-NY, is the one guy who ordered all Americans of Japanese blood to abandon all of their property except what would fit in a suit case and spend the next four years in barbed wire compounds guarded by GIs in machine gun towers.  So .... guess it depends on how far back you wanna go?

(This is much too easy!  :) )
Common sense is an uncommon virtue

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 05:01:37 PM »
But it is just unfathomable that people in the Govt had anything to do with 9-11 or OKC.  ::) 
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline Nuke41

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 06:02:14 PM »
But it is just unfathomable that people in the Govt had anything to do with 9-11 or OKC. 
Oh-oh.!!  Nope, that could/would never happen!

...TM7

Two Thuthers suggesting that an as yet uninvestigated allegation of Mexican drug smuggling has anything to do with 9/11 or OKC, other than their shared paranoia about the US Government. 

And you guys wonder why there are about 5 out of 40,000 GBO members that believe in this stuff?  It’s so bad now that the single OP of the conspiracy page is bumping his own postings because nobody cares.

Offline Nuke41

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 03:24:05 AM »
Uh-huh!.. , ummm.  You talking about this thread Nuke?
http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,265534.new.html#new
You got a problem with that information..? Well, I just bumped it again.. .  If I could, I'd make it a sticky..!
 Then there's some evil sneaky person(s) on that forum real pouring out poison Kool-Aide of some flavor....trying to abridge posters by promoting fear of banning on account of posting their thoughts and ideas.  Do you know anything about that....?  Or how some people are simply capable of anything?
Or do you know why some people on forums always personally attack other posters they don't agree with...?  Perhaps you could elaborate on that phenomena which would help board operators all over the country, since you try to run this board.
...TM7

You want to debate? 

How about we debate why a page on a firearms and sportsman’s page is dedicated to giving a blackboard to a single OP so he can promote his theory that the Jews secretly control the planet and that the US Government is working for them and killed 3,000 of its own citizens on 9/11?  If I have your premise wrong please correct me.

How about we debate if what’s being posted on the conspiracy page is representative of the beliefs and interests of the 40,000 GBO members?  After all, I’m just one person, why don’t we put a poll on the pot-bellied stove page and let everyone vote and add their own comments about the conspiracy page and its topics?  If disagreeing with your theories makes someone an “agent” you then might be surprised how many “agents” are GBO members.

How about we debate why when anyone pushes back routinely on the conspiracy theory page they are sent a PM telling them “your next post will be your last on GBO”?  It’s ironic that a page devoted to “truth” has such a hard time with opinions other than what they deem the truth to be.

And if what is below is acceptable, why don’t we just create a “white supremacist/anti-Semitism” page on GBO and stop soft serving what’s already being posted here?  After all, maybe that could serve another .0001 of the GBO membership.

But the evidence does indicate who had the security contract on the buildings, an isreali company; and who the owner was, and that the security manager was Marvin Bush. And also the PTECH, auto-drone airliner fitter was isreali. That's just the facts. as was the Urban Moving Systems  a mossad front that sent 5 israelis to film the event and who got arrested...Dominic Suter, owner of Urban Moving split town pronto and went to israel...the arrested guys were released as were the isrealis arrested on the GW bridge with explosives and cash on 9/11.
....TM7

Offline nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 04:44:50 AM »
But it is just unfathomable that people in the Govt had anything to do with 9-11 or OKC. 
Oh-oh.!!  Nope, that could/would never happen!

...TM7

Two Thuthers suggesting that an as yet uninvestigated allegation of Mexican drug smuggling has anything to do with 9/11 or OKC, other than their shared paranoia about the US Government. 

And you guys wonder why there are about 5 out of 40,000 GBO members that believe in this stuff?  It’s so bad now that the single OP of the conspiracy page is bumping his own postings because nobody cares.

I see you don't have a problem with violating forum rules! I'll just lock it for now! Before it gets too far out of hand.
Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 02:32:20 PM »
You want to debate? 

How about we debate why a page on a firearms and sportsman’s page is dedicated to giving a blackboard to a single OP so he can promote his theory that the Jews secretly control the planet and that the US Government is working for them and killed 3,000 of its own citizens on 9/11?  If I have your premise wrong please correct me.

Despite what you may think GBO is not a "firearms and sportsman's page". GBO is an Information Hub. Though we do have mostly hunting, shooting and other outdoors related information we also offer a place for those who wish to discuss other topics as well.

There is not a single board on GBO other than the Ask Veral Forum that was set up for a "Single Poster" to use as a blackboard.  In fact the board you are referring to was requested by SAWgunner back in 06 and it was not until long after he quit moderating it that GB appointed TM7 as moderator against TM7's wishes.

Now lets take a look at that squeaking wheel and see if it needs some grease or not.

Member Joined on : 
October 17, 2011,

Member posts: 
239 (0.669 per day)

Member topics:

Member polls:

Member votes:

Most Popular Boards By Posts:
Political Issues Discussion
 87 posts of the member's 239 posts (36.40%)

Truth, Lies and Conspiracy Theories
 72 posts of the member's 239 posts (30.13%)

Round The 'Ole Pot-Bellied Stove
 54 posts of the member's 239 posts (22.59%)

Today's News
 16 posts of the member's 239 posts (6.69%)

TC Encore/Contender and TCR Rifles
 4 posts of the member's 239 posts (1.67%)

Thompson Center Handguns Sponsored by Ed's TCs
 3 posts of the member's 239 posts (1.26%)

Religious Discussion
 2 posts of the member's 239 posts (0.84%)

Handgun General Discussion
 1 posts of the member's 239 posts (0.42%)

So why is it that you would complain about a forum being included on GBO that until I told you to stop posting there was your forum of choice on GBO? You have made 239 posts here and 8 of the are on the topics you think should be here and 231 of them are on topics you don't think should be here... not a pot stirrer??? yeah right. 

How about we debate if what’s being posted on the conspiracy page is representative of the beliefs and interests of the 40,000 GBO members?  After all, I’m just one person, why don’t we put a poll on the pot-bellied stove page and let everyone vote and add their own comments about the conspiracy page and its topics?  If disagreeing with your theories makes someone an “agent” you then might be surprised how many “agents” are GBO members.

First why do we need to debate if one members posts are representative of other members beliefs? Who said they had to be or even should be?

Next why should we poll one forum to see if we should keep another? By my calculation the average post in the TLC forum generates an average of .03 cents a month for GBO in the month it is posted. So each post in the TLC forum contributes to the overhead of the site so as far as I am concerned it has a place on GBO.

Also I don't think that disagreeing with anyone makes you an agent but if you had an IP that resolved back to :
DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY (DHS-37)

Then it is my guess that there is a real good chance a person is a DHS agent of some sort or another. I am also well aware of 98% of the origins of all traffic to GBO. I get reports everyday that tells me every single host used to connect to GBO and it is a fair estimate that almost 20% of the connections made to the GBO servers originate from a government host or IP so I have a good idea of how many "Agents" are on GBO. I also welcome them to join GBO and hope that they become active members and contribute to GBO's vast information resource.

Being an "Agent" does not make one a bad person. But if you are a bad person and an "Agent"... well we have all seen the YouTube videos that  YT3 has posted that illustrate thugs on a power trip.

How about we debate why when anyone pushes back routinely on the conspiracy theory page they are sent a PM telling them “your next post will be your last on GBO”?  It’s ironic that a page devoted to “truth” has such a hard time with opinions other than what they deem the truth to be.

How many of these have you gotten?

What you post as truth seemed to be nothing more than attacks on other members. Maybe if you could figure out a way of not being  rude  when posting your truth you would not be told to stay out of the discussions. Also I believe that there are only about 4 maybe 5 members who have been told to stay out of the TLC forum and every one of them is on a list I have compiled of the names given to me by other members whom they said was the reason they were not active in the TLC forum. After all why should 4 to 5 members spoil things for the other 40k + just because those few feel justified in breaking GBO rules to get a point across.

And if what is below is acceptable, why don’t we just create a “white supremacist/anti-Semitism” page on GBO and stop soft serving what’s already being posted here?  After all, maybe that could serve another .0001 of the GBO membership.

Not sure how you reach your conclusions but it is well known that TM7 does not much like the State of Israel but is married to a Jewish woman, so enough of the anti-Semitic crap. And no we are not going to create a forum for hate speech. 

But I am curious why it is you so devoutly protect Israel and wonder if maybe you too are a dual citizen like all these folks in government:

THE SENATE

Richard Blumenthal (D-CT)

Former state attorney general who defeated Republican Linda E. McMahon for the seat vacated by Chris Dodd. Top 5 Contributors: ActBlue, Boies Schiller & Flexner, Cablevision Systems, Belfer Management, Tudor Investment. Top 5 Industries/Interest Groups: Lawyers/Law Firms, Securities and Investment, retirees, real estate, leadership PACs. Committee Assignments: none yet.

Barbara Boxer (D-CA)

Reelected against the well-funded Carly Fiorina; in the Senate since 1992. Top 5 Contributors: EMILY’s List, Girardi & Keese, University of California, Time Warner, Cotchett, Pitre &McCarthy. Top 5 Industries/Interest Groups: lawyers/law firms, retirees, TV/music/movies, womens issues, Democrats/liberals. Committee Assignments: Commerce, Science, and Transportation; Environment and Public Works (chair); Foreign Relations

Benjamin Cardin (D-MD)

Formerly a member of the House, Cardin was first elected to the Senate in 2006. Top 5 Contributors: Johns Hopkins University, DLA Piper, Constellation Energy, Intl Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Goldman Sachs. Top 5 Industries/Interest Groups: lawyers/law firms, real estate, retirees, health professionals, “pro-Israel.” Committee Assignments: Budget; Environment and Public works; Foreign relations; Judiciary, Small Business and Entrepreneurship

Dianne Feinstein (D-CA)

In the Senate since 1992. Top 5 Contributors: PG&E corp, DeBartolo Development, Northrop Grumman, Walt Disney Co, Gallo Winery. Top 5 Industries/Interest Groups: lawyers/law firms, retirees, real estate, TV/movies/music, securities & investment. Committee Assignments: Appropriations; Judiciary; Rules and Administration.

Al Franken (D-MN)

First elected to the Senate in 2008. Top 5 Contributors: ActBlue (Democratic PAC), General Electric, University of Minnesota, Time Warner, Moveon.org. Top 5 Industries/Interest Groups: lawyers/law firms, TV/movies/music, Democrats/liberals, Retirees, securities and investment. Committee Assignments: Health, Education, Labor and Pensions.

Herb Kohl (D-WI)

Elected to the Senate in 1988. A multimillionaire, owner of the Milwaukee Bucks (basketball). Top 5 Contributors: Herb Kohl for U.S. Senate, RE Loewenberg Capital Management, SC Johnson & Son, Safety-Kleen Systems, Tudor Investment. Top 5 Industries/Interest Groups: Democrats/liberal, finance, chemical and related manufacturing, waste management, securities and investment. Committee Assignments: Appropriations; Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs; Judiciary

Frank Lautenberg (D-NJ)

Oldest serving senator, in his fifth non-consecutive term. Top 5 Contributors: ActBlue (Democratic PAC), Vector Group, Carella, Byrne et al, Cantor Fitzgerald LP, Apollo Advisors. Top 5 Industries/Interest Groups: lawyers/law firms, real estate, securities & investment, Democrats/iberals, retirees. Committee Assignments: Appropriations; Commerce, Science and Transportation; Environment and Public Works

Joseph Lieberman (Independent-CT)

In the Senate since 1988, Lieberman became an independent after his defeat in 2006 primary at the hands of anti-war candidate (and IT millionaire) Ned Lamont. Top 5 Contributors: United Technologies, Sempra Energy, Purdue Pharma, UBS AG, Lehman Brothers. Top 5 Industries/Interest Groups: securities & investment, real estate, “pro-Israel,” lawyers/law firms, retirees. Committee Assignments: Armed Services; Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs (chair); Small Business and Entrepreneurship

Carl Levin (D-MI)

In the Senate since 1979. Top 5 Contributors: Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Ford Motor Co, General Motors, Cerberus Capital Management, Guardsmark LLC. Top 5 Industries/Interest Groups: lawyers/law firms, retirees, “pro-Israel,” real estate, Democrats/liberals. Committee Assignments: Armed Services (chair); Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs; Small Business and Entrepreneurship

Bernard Sanders (Independent-VT)

Genuine independent, self-proclaimed socialist, and one-man filibuster, Sanders has been in the Senate since 2006, following 16 years in the House. Top 5 Contributors: eScription Inc, Baron and Budd, Plumbers/Pipefitters Union, Intl Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Communications Workers of America. Top 5 Industries/Interest Groups: retirees, Democrats/liberals, lawyers/law firms, building trade unions, transportation unions. Committee Assignments: Budget, Energy and Natural Resources; Environment and Public Works; Health, Education, Labor and Pensions; Veterans’ affairs

Charles Schumer (D-NY)

Schumer was first elected in 1998 after serving for 18 years in the House. Top 5 Contributors: Paulson & Co, Paul, Weiss et al, Weitz &Luxenberg, Credit Suisse Group, Ernst & Young. Top 5 Industries/Interest Groups: securities & investment, lawyers/law firms, real estate, finance, TV/music/movies. Committee Assignments: Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs; Finance; Judiciary; Rules and Administration (chair)

Ron Wyden (D-OR)

In the Senate since 1996. Top 5 Contributors: ActBlue (Democratic PAC), Nike, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Berkshire Hathaway, Foxkiser. Top 5 Industries/Interest Groups: lawyers/law firms, securities & investment, health professionals, real estate, hospitals/nursing homes. Committee Assignments: Budget, Energy and Natural Resources; Finance; Judiciary

Michael Bennet (D-CO)

Bennet’s mother is Jewish, and a Holocaust survivor. Appointed to the Senate in January 2009 to fill the seat left vacant by Ken Salazar when he joined the Obama administration, Bennet won first full term in 2010. Top 5 Contributors: ActBlue (Democratic PAC), Brownstein, Hyatt et al, Blackstone Group, Comcast Corp, Union Pacific Corp. Top 5 Industries/Interest Groups: Democrats/liberals, lawyers/law firms, securities & investment, retirees, real estate. Committee Assignments: Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry; Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs; Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions

HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

Gary Ackerman (D-NY)

Top 5 Contributors: Castagna Realty, Associated Capital, Crystal Window and Door Systems, Tilles Investment, Abrams, Fensterman et al. Top 5 Industries: Real estate, lawyers/law firms, securities and investment, public sector unions, retirees. Committee Assignments: Financial Services, Foreign Affairs

Shelley Berkley (D-NV)

Top 5 Contributors: MGM Resorts, Bergman Walls & Assoc, Wynn Resorts, Harrah’s Entertainment, Apollo Advisors. Top 5 Industries: health professionals, casinos/gambling, lawyers/law firms, “pro-Israel,” real estate. Committee Assignments: Foreign Affairs, Ways and Means

Howard Berman (D-CA)

Top 5 Contributors: Walt Disney, News Corp, Time Warner, National Amusements Inc, Sony. Top 5 Industries: TV/movies/music, lawyers/law firms, “pro-Israel,” retirees, computers/Internet. Committee Assignments: Foreign Affairs (Chairman), Judiciary

Eric Cantor (R-VA)

Minority Whip for the House’s new Republican majority. Top 5 Contributors: Altria Group, Comcast Corp, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Goldman Sachs, KKR & Co. Top 5 Industries: securities & investment, insurance, real estate, health professionals, pharmaceuticals/health products. Committee Assignments: Ways and Means

David Cicilline (D-RI)

Top 5 Contributors: ActBlue (Democratic PAC), Waterson Terminal Services, B&D Holding, Di Marco Drago e C Sapa, Gilbane Inc, Edwards, Angell et al. Top 5 Industries: lawyers/law firms, retirees, real estate, Democrats/liberals, Construction services. Committee Assignments: None yet.

Stephen Cohen (D-TN)

Top 5 Contributors: FedEx, American Crystal Sugar, Intl Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Machinists/Aerospace Workers, UNITE HERE. Top 5 Industries: lawyers/law firms, labor unions, health professionals, air transport, retirees. Committee Assignments: Judiciary, Transportation and Infrastructure.

Susan Davis (D-CA)

Top 5 Contributors: Qualcomm Inc, American Federation of Teachers, General Dynamics, National Assn of Realtors, SAIC Inc. Top 5 Industries: public sector unions, women’s issues, defense electronics, lawyers/law firms, health professionals. Committee Assignments: none yet

Ted Deutch (D-FL)

Top 5 Contributors: Flo-Sun Inc, Lipman law firm, Marc Bell Capital Partners, Sun Capital partners, Akin, Gump et al. Top 5 Industries: lawyers/law firms, real estate, “pro-Israel,” retired, securities & investment. Committee Assignments: None yet.

Eliot Engel (D-NY)

Top 5 Contributors: Verizon, Monroe College, St. Georges University, Passion Growers, American Assn for Justice. Top 5 Industries: health professionals, “pro-Israel,” education, lawyers/law firms, telephone utilities. Committee Assignments: Energy and Commerce, Foreign Affairs

Bob Filner (D-CA)

Top 5 Contributors: Machinists/Aerospace Workers Union, Plumbers/Pipefitters Union, Accurate Engineering, Duty Free Americas, Anakam. Top 5 Industries: health professionals, building trade unions, transportation unions, public sector unions, real estate. Committee Assignments: Transportation and Infrastructure; Veterans’ Affairs (former chair)

Barney Frank (D-MA)

Top 5 Contributors: FMR corp, ActBlue (Democratic PAC), New York Life Insurance, Weiss Capital, Promontory Financial Group. Top 5 Industries: securites & investment, insurance, real estate, lawyers/law firms, retirees. Committee Assignments: Financial Services (former chair)

Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ)

Top 5 Contributors: University of Arizona, EMILY’S List, Lewis & Roca, Grant & Eisenhofer, Boeing Co. Top 5 Industries: retirees, lawyers/law firms, leadership PAC’s, women’s issues, candidate committees. Committee Assignments: Armed Services; Foreign Affairs; Science

Jane Harman (D-CA)

Top 5 Contributors: Northrop Grumman, Raytheon Co, SpaceX, Physical Optics Corp, Blue Dog PAC. Top 5 Industries: “pro-Israel,” lawyers/law firms, retirees, securities & investment, TV/movies/music. Committee Assignments: Energy and Commerce; Homeland Security

Steve Israel (D-NY)

Top 5 Contributors: Rosen Partners, Cablevision Systems, Stidd Systems, Virtu Financial, Estee Lauder Companies. Top 5 Industries: lawyers/law firms, real estate, securities & investment, manufacturing and distributing, health professionals. Committee Assignments: Appropriations

Sander Levin (D-MI)

Top 5 Contributors: Intl Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Honeywell International, American Fed of State/County/Municipal Employees, Northwestern Mutual, Comcast Corp. Top 5 Industries: lawyers/law firms, insurance, health professionals, real estate, hospitals/nursing homes. Committee Assignments: Armed Services (former chair); Homeland Security; Business and Entrepreneurship

Nita Lowey (D-NY)

Top 5 Contributors: JPMorgan Chase, Weiler Arnow Management, Goldman Sachs, American Assn for Justice, American Federation of Teachers. Top 5 Industries: securities & investment, retireees, lawyers/law firms, real estate, “pro-Israel.” Committee Assignments: Appropriations

Jerrold Nadler (D-NY)

Top 5 Contributors: Glenwood Management, Newmark Knight Frank, New York Eye & Ear Infirmary, American Assn for Justice, Intl Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. Top 5 Industries: lawyers/law firms, real estate, securities & investment, construction services, transportation unions. Committee Assignments: Judiciary; Transportation and Infrastructure

Jared Polis (D-CO)

Top 5 Contributors: ActBlue (Democratic PAC), Sandler Family Supporting Foundation, Intensity Ventures, Intl Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Del Mar Partnership. Top 5 Industries: Democrats/liberals, securities & investment, retirees, real estate, lawyers/law firms. Committee Assignments: Education and Labor; Rules

Steve Rothman (D-NJ)

Top 5 Contributors: Inserra Supermarkets, BAE Systems, Laborers Union, Teamsters Union, Lockheed Martin. Top 5 Industries: lawyers/law firms, health professionals, defense/aerospace, pharmaceuticals/health products, transportation unions. Committee Assignments: Appropriations, Science

Jan Schakowsky (D-IL)

Top 5 Contributors: American Assn for Justice, Intl Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, American Fed of State/County/Municipal Employees, American Optometric Assn, OB-GYN PAC. Top 5 Industries: lawyers/law firms, health professionals, labor unions, retirees, “pro-Israel.” Committee Assignments: Energy and Commerce

Allyson Schwartz (D-PA)

Top 5 contributors: New York Life Insurance, New Democrat Coalition, Berger and Montague, Hankin Management, Investment Co Insurance. Top 5 Industries: lawyers/law firms, health professionals, securities & investment, women’s issues, pharmaceuticals/health products. Committee Assignments: Budget; Ways and Means

Adam Schiff (D-CA)

Top 5 Contributors: Blue Dog PAC, Honeywell International, Intl Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Operating Engineers Union, Parsons Corp. Top 5 Industries: lawyers/law firms, health professionals, retirees, TV/movies/music, building trade unions. Committee Assignments: Appropriations; Judiciary

Brad Sherman (D-CA)

Top 5 Contributors: ActBlue (Democratic PAC), National Assn of Realtors, Specialty Merchandise Corp, Credit Union National Assn, Carpenters & Joiners Union. Top 5 Industries: real estate, TV/movies/music, lawyers/law firms, building trade unions, retirees. Committee Assignments: Financial services; Foreign Affairs; Judiciary

Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL)

Top 5 Contributors: Flo-Sun Inc, Intl Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, National Air Traffic Controllers ASsn, American Fed of State/County/Municipal Employees, American Assn for Justice. Top 5 Industries: lawyers/law firms, health professionals, public sector unions, building trade unions, transportation unions. Committee Assignments: Appropriations; Judiciary

Henry Waxman (D-CA)

Top 5 Contributors: Vivendi, News Corp, Gilead Sciences, American Fed of State/County/Municipal Employees, LHC group. Top 5 Industries: TV/movies/music, health professionals, hospitals/nursing homes, health services/HMOs, lawyers/law firms. Committee Assignments: Energy and Commerce (former chair)

Anthony Weiner (D-NY)

Top 5 Contributors: ActBlue (Democratic PAC), M&R management, Intl Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Mason Tenders District Council of NY, National Community Pharmacists Assn. Top 5 Industries: real estate, lawyers/law firms, securities & investment, Democrats/liberals, TV/movies/movies. Committee Assignments: Energy and Commerce; Judiciary

John Yarmuth (D-KY)

Top 5 Contributors: Kindred Healthcare, Brown-Forman Group, General Electric, National Thoroughbred Racing Assn, Lazard Ltd. Top 5 Industries: retirees, health professionals, lawyers/law firms, public sector unions, hospitals/nursing homes. Committee Assignments: Budget; Ways and Means

Matt
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein